GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30PM Dec. 16

+18
smash88
Snuh
shabbs
Number Twenty Nine
Acrobat
PTFlea
LethalLehner
LeCaptain
asq2
pgood
Cronie
Hayden
dennycrane
Riprock
b33f
Cap'n Clutch
PKC
wprager
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Spezza signed his new deal on Novemeber 2nd, 2008. When did the Sens start to turn into the team we currently have? I would say right around that time.

Neely4Life wrote:Spezza signed his new deal on Novemeber 2nd, 2008. When did the Sens start to turn into the team we currently have? I would say right around that time.
one player can't be blamed for an entire team playing badly. there's 19 other guys in that room who should be playing well regardless.

LethalLehner

Sophomore
Sophomore

Spezza was painful to watch tonight and fans were shouting at him and booing. Heater was not much better. I am tired of the lazy penalties these guys take just because they don't want to move their feet.

Tukker wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Spezza signed his new deal on Novemeber 2nd, 2008. When did the Sens start to turn into the team we currently have? I would say right around that time.
one player can't be blamed for an entire team playing badly. there's 19 other guys in that room who should be playing well regardless.

There were about 18 guys who put in a decent effort tonight. Spezza is one of if not the biggest reason for this teams woes. If you want me to go on about what I saw at the game tonight and the past year I will.

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Tukker wrote:

There were people around commenting that this was like watching an AHL game. The hits were non-threatening and the passes were for the most part awful. I will still go to the games and I will still renew my full season tickets but I really wish that Murray would do something. I couldn't even sell the 2 spare tickets that I had for the game tonight and I was only asking $60 in total for the two tickets.

spezza rules! wrote:Spezza was painful to watch tonight and fans were shouting at him and booing. Heater was not much better. I am tired of the lazy penalties these guys take just because they don't want to move their feet.
Spezza takes lazy penalties.
Heatley takes stupid, douchebag, I don't give a Dung about my team or this game, petty, childish penalties.

p.s. maybe you guys should add douchebag to the swears list because it seems like I'm going to use it a lot more often this year...you can call it "poop sack" or "dung disposal unit"

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

cash wrote:
spezza rules! wrote:Spezza was painful to watch tonight and fans were shouting at him and booing. Heater was not much better. I am tired of the lazy penalties these guys take just because they don't want to move their feet.
Heatley takes stupid, douchebag, I don't give a Dung about my team or this game, petty, childish penalties.

p.s. maybe you guys should add douchebag to the swears list because it seems like I'm going to use it a lot more often this year...you can call it "poop sack" or "dung disposal unit"

now how did that get through the filters? - FIXED
n/m - it's an accurate description of they way they are playing:

Dung. Crap. Poopy. etc.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Apparently Melnyk was at the game.
GAME DAY: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30PM Dec. 16 - Page 4 Panic_usb_2

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Apparently Melnyk was at the game.
GAME DAY: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30PM Dec. 16 - Page 4 Panic_usb_2

bring it on!

It's frustrating to see, especially the offensive zone penalties. No excuses for those.

Acrobat wrote:
cash wrote:

p.s. maybe you guys should add douchebag to the swears list because it seems like I'm going to use it a lot more often this year...you can call it "poop sack" or "shit disposal unit"

now how did that get through the filters?
n/m - it's an accurate description of they way they are playing:

Dung. Crap. Poopy. etc.

It's pretty easy. I used to use it at HB. Just use the bold tags between say SH and IT. Not that I'd recommend using it here. Just HB 8)

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Shabbs must be busy so I'll start the GDT.
Heh - yeah. Was busy and didn't even get to see the game. Thanks for covering. Wink

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

man, am I EVER happy that game was blacked out...

Who or what is the cancer that remains in that dressing room? Seriously... What else could be the issue(s) that are still lingering and bogging this group down?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Man... the Thrashers are averaging nearly 4 goals against per game this season. Frig. Makes this loss even more painful...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cronenbergfan wrote:man, am I EVER happy that game was blacked out...

Who or what is the cancer that remains in that dressing room? Seriously... What else could be the issue(s) that are still lingering and bogging this group down?
I'm wondering if the "core" of this group has been playing together for too long and are just bored, or have lost interest or something. Or we've not adapted to the changing league and everyone has passed us and we continue to expect to score like crazy... which we're clearly not. It's maddening, and it's slowly starting to point to a "blow up" as the only real solution.

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

shabbs wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:man, am I EVER happy that game was blacked out...

I'm wondering if the "core" of this group has been playing together for too long and are just bored, or have lost interest or something. Or we've not adapted to the changing league and everyone has passed us and we continue to expect to score like crazy... which we're clearly not. It's maddening, and it's slowly starting to point to a "blow up" as the only real solution.

Well at this point is seems like they've tried everything else. They moved problematic players, they've brought in "character" guys, new goalie, and a new coach. Sadly I think a blow up might be the only remaining option. I don't think you can blame Murray too much here. He's done what he needed to do, but for whatever reason the players are not performing to their expectations.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

And I see there was another "closed door" meeting after the game.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

May I just point out that not too long ago Heatley was the superstar of the team, posting back to back 50 goal seasons and on his way to a 3rd before being injured? What do you want to do? Trade him for someone else who you will all want to trade the minute he stars to play poorly?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum