GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30PM Dec. 16

+18
smash88
Snuh
shabbs
Number Twenty Nine
Acrobat
PTFlea
LethalLehner
LeCaptain
asq2
pgood
Cronie
Hayden
dennycrane
Riprock
b33f
Cap'n Clutch
PKC
wprager
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Hayden

Rookie
Rookie

Thank you for not putting Spezza or Alfie out at the end. Made my night.

First message of the year.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

The game must be still on, it says 3-1 now, and it doesn't say F.

Oops, now its 4-1, ENG. Now it's over.... right?

I thought we hit rock bottom when we lost to the Islanders 3 times this year, nope, this was defently it.

Afli, awful, Heatley, awful, Spezza, awful. The was actually a point in the game where Spezza stood still, in one spot for 15 seconds, I kid you not. Heatley takes stupid penalties and complains, and Alfi, well, he isnt Alfi right now.

Hartsberg has to seperate that line, its not working and its looks like they have quit on each other out there.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Nice to see Lee get a point. It also looks like Zubov is getting more comfortable.

We gained some good ground in the Hedman race. NYI got a point, Atlanta won (obviously), Toronto won etc.

Awesome.

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

Just plain Diddle embarrassing...

On the bright side we are that much closer to Hedman...

asq2 wrote:Nice to see Lee get a point. It also looks like Zubov is getting more comfortable.

We gained some good ground in the Hedman race. NYI got a point, Atlanta won (obviously), Toronto won etc.

Awesome.

Haha, thats actually pretty funny.

I did like Zubov tonight as well, Lee was for the most part invisable but thats not a bad thing for a D man.

I cant believe the Sens have an 8 game road trip coming up. We could be barried in the basement of the NHL after that.

The scary thing about all this is, the Sens have had one of the easiest scheduals in the NHL thus far.

Neely4Life wrote:I thought we hit rock bottom when we lost to the Islanders 3 times this year, nope, this was defently it.

Afli, awful, Heatley, awful, Spezza, awful. The was actually a point in the game where Spezza stood still, in one spot for 15 seconds, I kid you not. Heatley takes stupid penalties and complains, and Alfi, well, he isnt Alfi right now.

Hartsberg has to seperate that line, its not working and its looks like they have quit on each other out there.
I agree with all of that. I'm starting to think that Alfie is just getting old. He looks like nothing more than a glorified 2nd line winger.
Heatley was by far the worst player on the ice. It wasn't even a contest.

cash wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:I thought we hit rock bottom when we lost to the Islanders 3 times this year, nope, this was defently it.

I agree with all of that. I'm starting to think that Alfie is just getting old. He looks like nothing more than a glorified 2nd line winger.
Heatley was by far the worst player on the ice. It wasn't even a contest.

Oh, it was pretty close, Spezza was awful as well. I'm not sure if they hate each other or not but there is a big something missing there. Its going to get worse before it gets better in Ottawa.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Our first line? worst line in 4 games. At least the other lines try hard and skate good. Zubov, Fisher, Vermette, Foligno... I''m enjoying the effort. I don't know what Heater and SPezz are telling Hartsburg during practice, but if their TOI don't decrease the next game, I'm gonna think the coach is partying with them. Get Alfie off that line and give him FIsher back.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Oh, it was pretty close, Spezza was awful as well. I'm not sure if they hate each other or not but there is a big something missing there. Its going to get worse before it gets better in Ottawa.
GAME DAY: Atlanta Thrashers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30PM Dec. 16 - Page 3 610x

:D cheers

PS: Can anyone guess who he's bowling over?

asq2 wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Oh, it was pretty close, Spezza was awful as well. I'm not sure if they hate each other or not but there is a big something missing there. Its going to get worse before it gets better in Ottawa.

Spezza version 2.0

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

I have never heard the crowd boo the team as much as I have this year. Tonight was awful. I found myself not wanting to chant Go Sens Go cause it doesn't seem to help anyway. There was little to no effort by the first line tonight and the only excitement in the game was Ruutu, Zubov, and occasionally Foligno. I don't see how anyone can think that this team is going to gel. They seem to have a good game every 3-4 games and the games in between are like watching train wrecks. They were advertising the new jerseys tonight saying that if you buy the new third jersery that you will receive a $75 voucher that you can use to buy tickets. After the announcement a lady behind said, "Well I guess they have to find some way to sell tickets!". This is very telling of what the average fan is thinking....scary!!!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why doesn't Hartsburg 'coach on the fly' and put Fisher with Heatley and Spezza with Alfie? I don't understand keeping them together when all three of them look like Dung. What's that gonna prove?

Either Alfie's timing is waaaaaaay off or he's declining at an alarming rate.

Vermette's last game as a Sen I would imagine - big deal that that is.

asq2 wrote:

The number 2 pick in the 2009 entry draft Wink

504Heater wrote:Why doesn't Hartsburg 'coach on the fly' and put Fisher with Heatley and Spezza with Alfie? I don't understand keeping them together when all three of them look like Dung. What's that gonna prove?

Either Alfie's timing is waaaaaaay off or he's declining at an alarming rate.

Vermette's last game as a Sen I would imagine - big deal that that is.

When Spezza literally stands still for 15 seconds straight in his own zone at the blue line, what are the D and his wongers supposed to do. Literally didnt move for 15 seconds, ask anyone who was there.

Spezza signed his new deal on Novemeber 2nd, 2008. When did the Sens start to turn into the team we currently have? I would say right around that time.

Neely4Life wrote:Spezza signed his new deal on Novemeber 2nd, 2008. When did the Sens start to turn into the team we currently have? I would say right around that time.
one player can't be blamed for an entire team playing badly. there's 19 other guys in that room who should be playing well regardless.

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Spezza was painful to watch tonight and fans were shouting at him and booing. Heater was not much better. I am tired of the lazy penalties these guys take just because they don't want to move their feet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum