GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hedman or Tavares?

+6
PKC
Acrobat
Riprock
pgood
PTFlea
Jordo
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

61Hedman or Tavares? - Page 5 Empty Re: Hedman or Tavares? Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:49 pm

Oh, I agree that the potential is there. He'll need to keep this strong play up though. His point totals have levelled off though the past several games after that hot start. He's playing well in other areas though.

62Hedman or Tavares? - Page 5 Empty Re: Hedman or Tavares? Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Nothing would surprise me, but I think an honest gauge of Kuba's worth might be a second rounder with a prospect coming back (mid level). I think thats fair for now.

63Hedman or Tavares? - Page 5 Empty Re: Hedman or Tavares? Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:55 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Ummm for Kuba I would suspect a 2nd, not a 1st, that is asking a lot. But a draft pick and maybe a prospect coming back.

Craig Rivet got Josh Gorges and a 1st. I don't think it's insane to think that if Kuba continues his level of play and production, he could garner a similar return.

What would be awesome would be Alfredsson + Kuba + SJ 1st for Logan Couture so long as there was an expressed agreement that Alfredsson be dealt back in the off-season.

I'm just not sure if that's legal though, and it likely does not work with SJ's current cap situation.

Could you imagine, though?

Thornton, Alfredsson, Marleau, Setoguchi, Michalek, Cheechoo, Clowe, Pavelski etc. up front, Boyle, Blake, Ehrhoff, Kuba, Vlasic and Murray on the blue-line and Nabokov in goal? affraid

That's pretty easily on par with the Wings, IMO.

That way, we'd get a second-line centre/border-line first line centre prospect and hopefully see Alfredsson win a Cup. cheers

64Hedman or Tavares? - Page 5 Empty Re: Hedman or Tavares? Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:58 pm

Yeah, I dont think that would ever happen haha... I just think a 2nd rounder coming back for Kuba is more realistic is all. Its pretty optimistic to think there would be a 1st coming back, not that I dont think it could happen.

65Hedman or Tavares? - Page 5 Empty Re: Hedman or Tavares? Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:11 am

Well if he keeps up his defensive play, I think it's realistic. I don't think he'll fetch the same return as what Buffalo got, but I think a first isn't unreasonable at all. It all depends on who's desperate enough to pony up.

66Hedman or Tavares? - Page 5 Empty Re: Hedman or Tavares? Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:19 am

Who knows, again, nothing surprises me when it comes to deals made in the NHL.

67Hedman or Tavares? - Page 5 Empty Re: Hedman or Tavares? Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:51 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

If we're talking trade deadline I think a 1st is definitely possible return for Kuba, assuming we're out of the race by then.

68Hedman or Tavares? - Page 5 Empty Re: Hedman or Tavares? Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:12 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

mattshock wrote:If we're talking trade deadline I think a 1st is definitely possible return for Kuba, assuming we're out of the race by then.

I don't know about a first. But it would definitely be nice to get one from a team desperate enough.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum