GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hedman or Tavares?

+6
PKC
Acrobat
Riprock
pgood
PTFlea
Jordo
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

16Hedman or Tavares? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hedman or Tavares? Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:15 am

pgood

Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:I'd flip if we somehow landed MSP or Hedman. Wow. Instant rebuild.

Ok... I am clearly out of the loop... who is MSP??

17Hedman or Tavares? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hedman or Tavares? Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:21 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock34 wrote:
How would you go about getting another first?

I was semi-kidding. It would be hard, you`d have to gas Vermette and Kuba and try to pry a 1st rounder out of someone at the deadline.

18Hedman or Tavares? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hedman or Tavares? Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:21 am

pgood wrote:
504Heater wrote:I'd flip if we somehow landed MSP or Hedman. Wow. Instant rebuild.

Ok... I am clearly out of the loop... who is MSP??

Magnus Svensson - Paajarvi Timra IK Jr.
Position: LW Height: 6.01.5 Weight: 20
After his outstanding performance at the 2008 U18 Ivan Hlinka Memorial,
Paajarvi has emerged as a bona fide top five pick for the upcoming 2009
NHL draft. He
loves to dangle and is arguably one of the most skilled players
available in the draft. Has the speed/quickness to gain separation and
back defenders off. He has
excellent scoring instincts and tremendous puckhandling skills. Has
soft, quick hands and is very dangerous around the net. Feet will be an
asset. Potential star. This is a player to watch.

19Hedman or Tavares? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hedman or Tavares? Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:22 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He`s also been described as Forsberg in Ovechkin`s body.

20Hedman or Tavares? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hedman or Tavares? Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:23 am

504Heater wrote:He`s also been described as Forsberg in Ovechkin`s body.

Damn, I'll take Forsberg in ANYONE'S body.

21Hedman or Tavares? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hedman or Tavares? Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:50 am

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

hemlock34 wrote:

Even a china doll's body?

22Hedman or Tavares? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hedman or Tavares? Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:59 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

pgood wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:

Yes, even in Mike Fisher's body.

23Hedman or Tavares? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hedman or Tavares? Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:06 am

PKC wrote:
pgood wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:

Yes, even in Mike Fisher's body.

:lol!: Puking2

24Hedman or Tavares? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hedman or Tavares? Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:47 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

That must be frustrating. To have all the talent and skills in the world and be held back by injuries like that. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes (**pun!).

25Hedman or Tavares? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hedman or Tavares? Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:56 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

MSP is a great player and my favourite in the draft (heck, I've been the one advertising the guy on this site for the most part), but if you have the first over-all selection, you take Hedman.

No question.

26Hedman or Tavares? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hedman or Tavares? Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:32 pm

asq2 wrote:MSP is a great player and my favourite in the draft (heck, I've been the one advertising the guy on this site for the most part), but if you have the first over-all selection, you take Hedman.

No question.

6'6 Dmen that can skate like the wind and have every asset to be a great player dont come around every year. Its about every 10 years.

27Hedman or Tavares? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hedman or Tavares? Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:40 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:
asq2 wrote:MSP is a great player and my favourite in the draft (heck, I've been the one advertising the guy on this site for the most part), but if you have the first over-all selection, you take Hedman.

No question.

6'6 Dmen that can skate like the wind and have every asset to be a great player dont come around every year. Its about every 10 years.

Hard to disagree with that. He's look great on any team.

28Hedman or Tavares? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hedman or Tavares? Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:15 am

mattshock wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

No question.

Hard to disagree with that. He's look great on any team.

I wonder how Hedman's injury will heal. I heard 3 weeks for the separated shoulder. Shouldn't be long enough to affect his draft status though.

29Hedman or Tavares? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hedman or Tavares? Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:20 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Absolutely has to be a Stud D picked if we're in the top 5. No brainer IMO.

- Unknown Author

30Hedman or Tavares? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hedman or Tavares? Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:34 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

If it's not Hedman, many will suggest it is Magnus Svensson-Paajarvi

31Hedman or Tavares? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hedman or Tavares? Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:54 pm

For forwards I am torn between MSP and Schenn. Schenn is like his big brother, but as a forward. Skilled, tough as nails, and drives the net like a machine. Have we ever had a true power forward like that?

32Hedman or Tavares? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hedman or Tavares? Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:31 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Just checked out Brayden's profile from the WHL site... he's not really that big surprisingly. Put up a lot of points last year in the W.

Let's just stock pile a bunch of firsts. Kuba, Vermette, Neil, Kelly, Schubert....

33Hedman or Tavares? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hedman or Tavares? Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:17 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I'm not sure we're due for the rebuild just yet there Dash Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum