GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Last night's Leafs - Habs game... (Sat Nov 8)

+4
PKC
Riprock
Number Twenty Nine
smash88
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Holy Smokes, did anyone watch this game! It was pretty exciting from an objective point of view.. Can imagine a few leaf fans pretty pissed this morning... Am I the only one who thinks that play on Schenn for the icing was dirty as hell? In my opinion Kostitsyn should get a few games for that... So should Grabovski for the butt-end on Price... All around great game to watch, should be interesting next time these guys play..

And man do the Habs really not like Grabovski eh? Smile

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

not to mention the Kostopoulis ejection.

I've said since the beginning of the the pre-season that the Leafs will be a force to be reckoned with this year.

They will make it to at least the second round of the playoffs this year.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

A few dirty plays, the trip on Schenn into the boards, and again by Tanguay that lead to the Koivu goal. Not to mention the boarding by Kostopolous. And Kostitysyn running Grabovski.

Why Habs fans don't like him is beyond me.... boo a guy that your team traded because depth kept him from making it now he is a budding star on another team? Yup, that's a good reason.

I still stand by Montreal being one of the dirtiest teams in the league.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

That Kostopolous hit on Van Ryn should earn him at least a 3 game suspension. Not that it matters anyways, he's just a 4th line thug with no skill. He'll hardly be missed by Montreal.
Van Ryn on the other hand...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What a game ey? Melanie and I sat down to take in some of it and ended up watching the whole thing. I was totally going for the Leafs as I despise everything that is the Habs. Dirty, fast, fun. Toronto dominated.

Be wary of the Leafs as Dash mentioned. They have the tenacity to do some damage.

Ron Wilson for coach of the year thus far? Yes in my books.

504Heater wrote:What a game ey? Melanie and I sat down to take in some of it and ended up watching the whole thing. I was totally going for the Leafs as I despise everything that is the Habs. Dirty, fast, fun. Toronto dominated.

Be wary of the Leafs as Dash mentioned. They have the tenacity to do some damage.

Ron Wilson for coach of the year thus far? Yes in my books.
I think columbus' coach might win

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tukker wrote:I think columbus' coach might win

Hitch? Really? Are they competing finally?

504Heater wrote:
Tukker wrote:I think columbus' coach might win

Hitch? Really? Are they competing finally?
it looks like it. plus if that team goes anywhere he's to blame

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Brassard and Voracek, exactly as I predicted all summer, are tearing it up.

PKC wrote:Brassard and Voracek, exactly as I predicted all summer, are tearing it up.
just wait until filatov is added to the mix. and if legion didnt quit... that team has so much potential

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Not to mention Rick Nash is just absolutely unreal...I was watching him play against Edmonton the other day, and he was absolutely dominating the third period. DOMINATING. Not even using that word loosely. The guys on TSN had a highlight reel countdown going.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Nash is always a force, unfortunately hasn't been lighting the lamp lately, but everything else in his game has been great. Knowing him, the goals will come rolling in anytime now and in bunches.

The LEafs I have to say, are NOT a great team, yet they are playing like one. The sad thing is they will not win the cup and they will not finish last, even struggle to finish bottom 5. If Pittsburgh hadn't fnished bottom 2 twice, they wouldn't have had Malkin or Fleury, and the luck of the draw gave them Crosby. The Leafs should follow suit and draft a superstar. Tavares or Hedman this year, and another top 5 next. If they don't get one, the other teams will and get betetr while they stay the same.

They should try and get Staal from Pittsburgh, by trade would be the best way as to not give Pittsburgh anymore top 10 draft picks for the next few years. They should aslo hope they can get Nash out of Columbus come 2010-11 when he becomes a UFA... what a year that will be with him and Kovalchuk set to become UFAs. With Columbus becomeing competitive though, it's likely Nash will stay, and he really does a lot for the city.

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

The leafs aren't looking like they're in the Hedman sweeps anymore. They're ticking along, and there are what appears to be MUCH worse teams out there. Unless they're trading up, and it wouldn't be cheap, I can't see them landing last.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Freakin' Leafs did it to us again. First the Beat the Wings and a pissed of Detroit team beats us in Ottawa now they piss of the Habs and we have to go into their building!!!

- Unknown Author

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Dirty stinkin' leafers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum