GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #3 (home game #1): Habs @ Sens - 7:00pm ET - Sun. Oct. 11 2015

+3
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
wprager
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY #3 -- Home Opener Edition

7:00pm ET - Sun. Oct. 11 2015

GAME DAY #3 (home game #1): Habs @ Sens - 7:00pm ET - Sun. Oct. 11 2015 Large GAME DAY #3 (home game #1): Habs @ Sens - 7:00pm ET - Sun. Oct. 11 2015 At-24-000000 GAME DAY #3 (home game #1): Habs @ Sens - 7:00pm ET - Sun. Oct. 11 2015 Large

The Sens will try to extend their winning streak to 3 games and take over the Division lead as they face the also-undefeated Canadiens. The Sens are off to a 2-0 start thanks to a hot top line, the coach's challenge and suspect goaltending at the opposition end of the ice. In their first game of the season -- against the lowly Sabres -- the Sens blew a 2-0 lead as the Sabres tied it up (on a goal later overturned on a coach's challenge -- the play was an inch offside). Last night they blew a 3-0 and 4-3 leads, then had to survive a penalty kill in OT to eventually win on Mike Hoffman's shootout winner (Hoffman also had several chances in regulation).

The Habs had a similar outing in their first game, against the Leafs, winning in an identical 3-1 score (including the empty netter for the third goal). Their second game, however, was a much more decisive win over the Bruins (4-1 before Bergeron made it close with a powerplay marker with half a minute to go).

Both teams played last night, both teams had to travel so no advantage there. Early reports said that Condon will get the start against Ottawa, but that's still to be confirmed (I find it hard to believe they risk putting in a rookie against a Division opponent just 3 games in). Marc Methot apparently is not playing (according to Dean Brown), so expecting Wideman to get his first taste of NHL action tonight. Who moves up to play with Karlsson -- that's a bit scary, as Wiercioch has played poorly. Is it odd to say it should be Cowen? Yeah, things have changed.

The Habs were 1 for 6 on the poweprlay against Boston while the Sens scored 3 powerplay goals against the Leafs. So special teams will likely decide this contest.

GO SENS GO!!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Didn't realize this is the only game in the NHL today. Here are some previews:

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2015020031

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/preview?gameId=400814793

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/game/montreal-canadiens-ottawa-senators-20151011/Preview

http://senators.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2015020031

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Condon goes for the Habs, confirmed.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Here's the Habs game preview.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2015020031

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Early reports said that Condon will get the start against Ottawa, but that's still to be confirmed (I find it hard to believe they risk putting in a rookie against a Division opponent just 3 games in).

What risk? Have you seen the 1st couple of games? More like a great opportunity to boost Condon confidence against a struggling team.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Sens are 2-0 and are in the first wildcard position. Are you kidding me? What's happened to the Atlantic? Guess that's what happens when you have three bottom-dwellers in the Division. The Leafs, Bruis and Sabres have a combined 1 points in 7 games!

But it's even worse in the Metropolitan where 4 teams are 0-2. By contrast, every team in the Central has at least one ROW and only Dallas is even in goal differential (the rest are all positive).

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They can redeem themselves with a decisive win tonight as well as causing multiple injuries to the Habs.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

fukcing Habs afraid that their golden boy gets exposed once again.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev pointed it in the other thread that the tweet about Methot not playing was from the preseason. So we should see the same lineup.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Ev pointed it in the other thread that the tweet about Methot not playing was from the preseason. So we should see the same lineup.

That's a relief. Good thing you were wrong again.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Meanwhile, young O'Connor gets the start.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:They can redeem themselves with a decisive win tonight as well as causing multiple injuries to the Habs.

This. I'll be much more confident about this team if they can put a solid 60 minutes in and come away with a decisive victory.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Interesting with both Price and Anderson getting a rest three games in against a Division opponent, when three teams are tied in the standings. In Anderson's case, he hasn't really played all that great in the last game. Price, though, not really sure why you risk 2 points.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:They can redeem themselves with a decisive win tonight as well as causing multiple injuries to the Habs.

This. I'll be much more confident about this team if they can put a solid 60 minutes in and come away with a decisive victory.

I'll take a win. Please & thank you.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Interesting with both Price and Anderson getting a rest three games in against a Division opponent, when three teams are tied in the standings.  In Anderson's case, he hasn't really played all that great in the last game.  Price, though, not really sure why you risk 2 points.

It's pretty common in a back-to-back scenario. Shrug

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum