GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Proposal Challenge

+8
Cronie
jamvan
Cap'n Clutch
Acrobat
PKC
Amnesia021
wprager
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

61Proposal Challenge - Page 5 Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:37 am

Mosky

Rookie
Rookie

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:
504Heater wrote:
jamvan wrote:[
Actually it's not a bad scenario and wouldn't it be ironic he joins the team the year after Ringo gets turfed? Question I would have is; do you think he'd come here?

He could fit perfectly on the last pairing and be inserted into te PP.

I don't know. I would assume he's grown up a bit and will play in Canada now, but I'll always hold that against him (franker). He would be a nice stop-gap though...

As rooneypoo has said on many occassions and he's converted me LOL, I want Boucher if we can make it happen he'd be a solid pickup and we could keep Mesz in the fold and it would allow us a good Cap cushion.

BTW Heater 2 more and you reach 200 posts!!!

Better watch your back Clutch, he's catchin up on you! lol

62Proposal Challenge - Page 5 Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:47 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:
As rooneypoo has said on many occassions and he's converted me LOL, I want Boucher if we can make it happen he'd be a solid pickup and we could keep Mesz in the fold and it would allow us a good Cap cushion.

I want Boucher as well, but the price might be fairly high. He's really good.

63Proposal Challenge - Page 5 Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:57 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Mosky wrote:
Cap'n' Clutch wrote:
504Heater wrote:
jamvan wrote:[
Actually it's not a bad scenario and wouldn't it be ironic he joins the team the year after Ringo gets turfed? Question I would have is; do you think he'd come here?

He could fit perfectly on the last pairing and be inserted into te PP.

I don't know. I would assume he's grown up a bit and will play in Canada now, but I'll always hold that against him (franker). He would be a nice stop-gap though...

Better watch your back Clutch, he's catchin up on you! lol

It's only a matter of time before he blows me out of the water actually. He was off for a full week and he's already on my coat tails. Smile

64Proposal Challenge - Page 5 Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:04 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:

Agreed. I'd just be really interested to hear what the asking price is for him in the first place. There's no doubt that Boucher has been great, and in the recent past (2005-06 and 2006-07). But right now, I just don't have a sense of what a 35-year -old coming off of an awful, injury-plagued season on a one-year, bargin-price deal will command. Would it necessitate a roster player for sure? A pick or a prospect, or both? Or some combination of a roster play, a pick, and a prospect? Who knows.

If it were me, I'd be OK with a 2nd and, say, Hennessy. Nikulin in a pinch. If he can't be had for about that price range, then I'd say pass.

As I've said elsewhere, tho', once Mesz is signed, we might well have to come to terms with the fact that Murray isn't shopping for a PMD at all. Schubert/Nycholat could well be part of his plan for our D this year.

65Proposal Challenge - Page 5 Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:06 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:
It's only a matter of time before he blows me out of the water actually. He was off for a full week and he's already on my coat tails. Smile

Yeah man, how dare you focus in on making the site look good. You should be posting more and focussing less on the site! Razz

66Proposal Challenge - Page 5 Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:06 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Agreed. I'd just be really interested to hear what the asking price is for him in the first place. There's no doubt that Boucher has been great, and in the recent past (2005-06 and 2006-07). But right now, I just don't have a sense of what a 35-year -old coming off of an awful, injury-plagued season on a one-year, bargin-price deal will command. Would it necessitate a roster player for sure? A pick or a prospect, or both? Or some combination of a roster play, a pick, and a prospect? Who knows.

If it were me, I'd be OK with a 2nd and, say, Hennessy. Nikulin in a pinch. If he can't be had for about that price range, then I'd say pass.

As I've said elsewhere, tho', once Mesz is signed, we might well have to come to terms with the fact that Murray isn't shopping for a PMD at all. Schubert/Nycholat could well be part of his plan for our D this year.

Neil and a 2nd rounder would be my guess, which is pretty steep.

67Proposal Challenge - Page 5 Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:09 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Neil and a 2nd rounder would be my guess, which is pretty steep.

The 2nd rounder would hurt for sure. I'd have to think long and hard about that one.

- Unknown Author

68Proposal Challenge - Page 5 Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:04 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

I'd have a real hard time giving up a second rounder for an aging veteran. For a second rounder I'd expect a little more than Boucher.

69Proposal Challenge - Page 5 Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:51 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:I'd have a real hard time giving up a second rounder for an aging veteran. For a second rounder I'd expect a little more than Boucher.

Well, keep in mind that I think our 2nd rounder will be the 50-54th pick, especially if we add Boucher to our line up.

Given our cap situation and the options that appear to be available for D right now, I don't know if there's a better option our there (for the Sens, that is) than Boucher. I'd certainly rather have him than Aucoin, given the latter's current $4 mil salary.

70Proposal Challenge - Page 5 Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:16 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

From what I've been told the 6th and final spot will come down to Nycholat and Schubert and that Murray won't even add another d at this time. He is still looking for forward help if the right guy came around.

71Proposal Challenge - Page 5 Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:18 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I personally hope it's Schubert as I have a soft spot for him and if he can put it all together he's a monstor and he could hurt people :D

- Unknown Author

72Proposal Challenge - Page 5 Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:29 pm

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:I personally hope it's Schubert as I have a soft spot for him and if he can put it all together he's a monstor and he could hurt people :D

Same here. Very versatile player, who i have grown a man crush on over the years he's been here. In my mind for some reason i just see him as a very valuable player.

73Proposal Challenge - Page 5 Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:34 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The way I look at it is he should be a full time D with potential to be a swingman on wing but, only if needed.

- Unknown Author

74Proposal Challenge - Page 5 Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:49 pm

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:The way I look at it is he should be a full time D with potential to be a swingman on wing but, only if needed.

Yeah the only if needed part. Meaning a game with two winger injuries is the only time Schuby should be moving up to F. I really want him in a permanent role and i really think that he will blossom into a beautiful flower... of death. :lol!:

75Proposal Challenge - Page 5 Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:00 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:From what I've been told the 6th and final spot will come down to Nycholat and Schubert and that Murray won't even add another d at this time. He is still looking for forward help if the right guy came around.

No disagreement here. I've been saying for a while now that, once Mesz is signed, we may not make any more moves, whether we arm-chair GMs agree or not. I think it highly likely that Nycholat and Schubert will battle for the 6th spot and that we'll bank the remaining cap space (which should be close to $4 mil) for moves down the line, should we need them.

The whole Boucher suggestion was based on the premise that 'if' we were looking for affordable help on the blueline, an issue which many people seem to be wondering about.

76Proposal Challenge - Page 5 Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:05 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
jamvan wrote:From what I've been told the 6th and final spot will come down to Nycholat and Schubert and that Murray won't even add another d at this time. He is still looking for forward help if the right guy came around.

No disagreement here. I've been saying for a while now that, once Mesz is signed, we may not make any more moves, whether we arm-chair GMs agree or not. I think it highly likely that Nycholat and Schubert will battle for the 6th spot and that we'll bank the remaining cap space (which should be close to $4 mil) for moves down the line, should we need them.

The whole Boucher suggestion was based on the premise that 'if' we were looking for affordable help on the blueline, an issue which many people seem to be wondering about.

The only other move apart from resigning Meszaros that I'd like to see Murray make is to pick up Jussi Jokinen at a reasonable price and then try and move one of the B6F to gain a touch more cap space.

Leave the money for the deadline to load up for a hopefully lengthy playoff run.

77Proposal Challenge - Page 5 Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:23 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't mind leaving some room for injuries and trade deadline deals but I don't think we should leave more than 1.5M in cushion for that.

- Unknown Author

78Proposal Challenge - Page 5 Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:24 pm

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

I really wouldn't be surprised if we had a very different team from the start of this season going into the playoffs. I think Murray still has alot of moves left that he wants to do... My telekinesis link with Murray is telling me this :lol!:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum