GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Proposal Challenge

+8
Cronie
jamvan
Cap'n Clutch
Acrobat
PKC
Amnesia021
wprager
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

16Proposal Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:50 pm

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

I still have a problem dumping Mez. Too much potential.

I like the ideal of Neil and a third to Anaheim.

Do we really want to give up Nikulin? (really, I'm asking as I haven't seem him play this year, and I recall someone saying that he's improved).

Gotta get JJ though.

If we get JJ, do we stll have room for Schneider, assuming we send Neil?

17Proposal Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:55 pm

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

Nycholat, Glass and Hennessey for Jokinen

A 4th round draft pick for Scneider.

18Proposal Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:58 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:Nycholat, Glass and Hennessey for Jokinen

Are we letting Mesz sit out then? How does that work out with our Cap situation? We'd be over wouldn't we?

19Proposal Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:17 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I don't think they need another goalie prospect in Tampa, they have both Ramo and Helenius down in the minors with Smith and Kolzig up with the big team. Plus, I'd rather not trade what seems to be a serviceable bottom pair defenseman for Jokinen. Can we not offer them Hennessey and a third round pick instead?

Also, I really don't want Schneider just yet. I don't like his salary and would like to see just how our backend does this year before we trade for some help. Not to mention, that bringing in Schneider bumps down Lee to the bottom pairing, and I'd like to see how this kid is going to play in our top 4. But that's just me.

If we trade for any D, I really hope its Bouwmeester.

20Proposal Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:59 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:

I don't think they need another goalie prospect in Tampa, they have both Ramo and Helenius down in the minors with Smith and Kolzig up with the big team. Plus, I'd rather not trade what seems to be a serviceable bottom pair defenseman for Jokinen. Can we not offer them Hennessey and a third round pick instead?

Also, I really don't want Schneider just yet. I don't like his salary and would like to see just how our backend does this year before we trade for some help. Not to mention, that bringing in Schneider bumps down Lee to the bottom pairing, and I'd like to see how this kid is going to play in our top 4. But that's just me.

J-Bo for Henessey and a third?
no takers?
:D

21Proposal Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Acrobat wrote:
PKC wrote:

no takers?

Boing! Can you imagine? Smile

22Proposal Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:39 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
PKC wrote:

no takers?

Boing! Can you imagine? Smile

OK - last chance - I'll offer a third and a fifth! (with Henessey, of course), but they have to pay the plane tickets and moving expenses. And buy me a case of beer. Any premium lager will do.

Mmmmmm......beer......gotta go now..... 🤡

23Proposal Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Acrobat wrote:OK - last chance - I'll offer a third and a fifth! (with Henessey, of course), but they have to pay the plane tickets and moving expenses. And buy me a case of beer. Any premium lager will do.

Now you're getting ridiculous. This is Jacques Martin we're talking about here don't forget. Wink

24Proposal Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:32 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
Acrobat wrote:OK - last chance - I'll offer a third and a fifth! (with Henessey, of course), but they have to pay the plane tickets and moving expenses. And buy me a case of beer. Any premium lager will do.

Now you're getting ridiculous. This is Jacques Martin we're talking about here don't forget. Wink

Right. I'll throw in a picture of Vermette. Poster size. I'll send the image to Costco now...

25Proposal Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:33 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

I'll even send it in one of those really nice poster tubes...

26Proposal Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:17 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Acrobat wrote:I'll even send it in one of those really nice poster tubes...

Hey now settle down here guys. NOW we're getting hosed on this deal. :lol!:

- Unknown Author

27Proposal Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:48 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

okay. I'll throw my attempt out there.

It's no secret that Vancouver is not getting any better, or at least as their line-up stands, they are quite weak in the scoring threat department, which means Luongo can steal games for them but they need to score to win! LOL

So, here's what I'm thinking...

Vermette, Foligno, Hennessy and our 1st in 09 for Luongo...

What do you think? While I'd hate to part with Foligno and Vermette, they both would be, I think, welcome additions to Vancouver's forward ranks and if Hennessy won't do it, throw in Zubov or Winchester. Ottawa has needed or wanted a true top 10 goalie for a LONG time, and with our core mostly intact, this would be, in my view, a win-win for both teams involved. I know they'd want Spezza or Fisher straight up for Luongo, but this way they receive two scoring forwards, one of whom will blow out any day now.

28Proposal Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:57 am

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

Cronenbergfan wrote:okay. I'll throw my attempt out there.

It's no secret that Vancouver is not getting any better, or at least as their line-up stands, they are quite weak in the scoring threat department, which means Luongo can steal games for them but they need to score to win! LOL

What do you think? While I'd hate to part with Foligno and Vermette, they both would be, I think, welcome additions to Vancouver's forward ranks and if Hennessy won't do it, throw in Zubov or Winchester. Ottawa has needed or wanted a true top 10 goalie for a LONG time, and with our core mostly intact, this would be, in my view, a win-win for both teams involved. I know they'd want Spezza or Fisher straight up for Luongo, but this way they receive two scoring forwards, one of whom will blow out any day now.

What would they do for a goalie? i'm not saying i don't mind the idea i was just wondering if you had any ideas of where Vancouver could go from there. If it was for luongo or bouwmeester would be the only way i would trade vermette. i really like him and his contract and the proposal would have to knock my stinky little boots off to make me trade him

29Proposal Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:03 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Although I love the idea it doesn't really work for Van does it? They solve scoring depth issues by ruining their Goaltending situation right? And as far as what we're offering I would think it would take another pick and Zubov not Hennessy.

- Unknown Author

30Proposal Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:10 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:

Although I love the idea it doesn't really work for Van does it? They solve scoring depth issues by ruining their Goaltending situation right? And as far as what we're offering I would think it would take another pick and Zubov not Hennessy.

O.k. valid point. I got a little ahead of myself there... We can't trade Elliot away, and Auld, I have a feeling, is going to be HUGE this year and next, so parting with them is no good, and I don't Vancouver would bite at either of them, or if they would, Elliot would be there choice... Ummm... Perhaps I'll retract that proposal as it is and ponder it a little more and repost in a bit.

31Proposal Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:30 am

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

How about Auld, Foligno and a 1st in '09? Not enough? throw in another pick maybe lol

32Proposal Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:05 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think I've got another one to ponder.

Who can we send Gerber to? I think an Auld-Elliot tandem would save us about 2.7M on the cap and allows more flexibility as to what we add to the roster on D and forward.

- Unknown Author

33Proposal Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:20 am

Mosky

Mosky
Rookie
Rookie

Well we could throw him in for a luongo trade Smile but my other option was Auld, Vermette, Foligno and a 1st for Bouwmeester and Anderson. Anderson is soo sick, as i posted somewhere else his first two NHL games, he got shutouts, and faced over 50 shots in both games. and then we don't really need to talk about Bouw, lol we all know who he is.

And then after that we could pawn Gerbs off on someone else and start Anderson, cuz i really think he will be able to hold a teams weight as early as next year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum