GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade proposal

+2
Cap'n Clutch
jamvan
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Trade proposal Empty Trade proposal Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:55 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

With all the talk that we have a log jam at forward, would you do the following deal?

To the Islanders: McCammond, Schubert and Nikulin

TO Ottawa: Trent Hunter and Blake Comeau

2Trade proposal Empty Re: Trade proposal Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:14 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't know enough about Hunter and Comeau to judge. I'm pretty sure Hunter would be a nice addition but that's all I can really say.

- Unknown Author

3Trade proposal Empty Re: Trade proposal Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:16 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Ok, this is a good one Jam. I was going to go ahead and say Comrie and Comeau for those guys, but then I checked NHL numbers and realized that Hunter is signed at 2Million/per until 2012-13. I would love to get him for that price for sure, the only problem there is that it is such a sweet deal for the Islanders, and he puts up enough points to warrant that money, there is no way they'd let him go, IMO.

I would love Comrie back, but then we'd have to re-sign him next year when he's a UFA, and I don't think we could do that, and we'd lose Schuby and Nikulin for nothing really. So, obviously that wouldn't be worth it.

So in the end....I would trade for Hunter in a heartbeat, but Comeau doesn't seem to be all that special to me, and he's an RFA next year. I would rather keep Schuby and Nikulin than acquire him. I don't want to see McAmmond go, but it's inevitable...

We could probably trade Deano and Schuby for Hunter and keep Nikulin...or Deano and Nikulin and keep Schuby...

This was a good question. Again, this doesn't really solve our problem at forward either...I'd rather try to acquire a D along with Hunter and lose those 3 than acquiring 2 Forwards for 2 Forwards and a Prospect...

4Trade proposal Empty Re: Trade proposal Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:18 pm

jamvan wrote:With all the talk that we have a log jam at forward, would you do the following deal?

From an asset side of things, there is no question that I would do that trade.
But what does acquiring two NHL ready players do to solve our log jjam issue?

When there is a trade, it will be for prospects and picks.

Think: McAmmond, Schubert, Nikulin, and Glass to VAN for Schneider and Grabner
something like that...

5Trade proposal Empty Re: Trade proposal Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:19 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:With all the talk that we have a log jam at forward, would you do the following deal?

Dang! I'll have to mull this over a bit...

6Trade proposal Empty Re: Trade proposal Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:29 pm

SensGirl11 wrote:I would love Comrie back, but then we'd have to re-sign him next year when he's a UFA, and I don't think we could do that, and we'd lose Schuby and Nikulin for nothing really. So, obviously that wouldn't be worth it.
Other than the obvious (Gaborik) Comrie is my #1 preferred deadline addition to this team. He was a factor in the Cup run and, most importantly, the guys on this team loved him. Assuming he isn't another one with off-ice *issues* I would love to have him back.

7Trade proposal Empty Re: Trade proposal Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:43 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

cash wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:I would love Comrie back, but then we'd have to re-sign him next year when he's a UFA, and I don't think we could do that, and we'd lose Schuby and Nikulin for nothing really. So, obviously that wouldn't be worth it.
Other than the obvious (Gaborik) Comrie is my #1 preferred deadline addition to this team. He was a factor in the Cup run and, most importantly, the guys on this team loved him. Assuming he isn't another one with off-ice *issues* I would love to have him back.

Didn't Murray want Comrie back but was handcuffed due to money. If that was the case i would think he would be a great addition and could move up to the 1st line if need be.

8Trade proposal Empty Re: Trade proposal Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Great trade proposal. You know how much I wanted Hunter last year.

I would do this in a heartbeat. Great price for Hunter too.

9Trade proposal Empty Re: Trade proposal Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:38 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:Great trade proposal. You know how much I wanted Hunter last year.

I would do this in a heartbeat. Great price for Hunter too.

I knew there was a player who you were advocating for, but I couldn't remember his name. It must have been Hunter.

The more I thought about this, the more I think it's a great trade.
Good call Jam!
Call Murray on his GM hotline and get this moving!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum