GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

interesting trade proposal...

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Rate this Trade - Should Murray and Colorado iron this out?

interesting trade proposal... Vote_lcap229%interesting trade proposal... Vote_rcap2 29% [ 2 ]
interesting trade proposal... Vote_lcap257%interesting trade proposal... Vote_rcap2 57% [ 4 ]
interesting trade proposal... Vote_lcap214%interesting trade proposal... Vote_rcap2 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1interesting trade proposal... Empty interesting trade proposal... Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:54 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I came across a post on HFboards from "Sens fan in Toronto" where he posted this possible trade scenario.

what do you all think?

If I was BM, I would offer

Gerber + SJ's 1st

for

Col's 1st + Brandon Yip (or another boom or bust prospect)

Bring Elliott up, it upgrades our 1st rounder and if the prospect develops well it could look like a steal.

2interesting trade proposal... Empty Re: interesting trade proposal... Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:05 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:I came across a post on HFboards from "Sens fan in Toronto" where he posted this possible trade scenario.

what do you all think?

Gerber + SJ's 1st

for

Bring Elliott up, it upgrades our 1st rounder and if the prospect develops well it could look like a steal.

I'm not so sure I'd feel comfortable with Auld/Elliott as our backstoppers... I don't know but is it just me?

3interesting trade proposal... Empty Re: interesting trade proposal... Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:21 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I'd do it.

Worst case scenario we pick up Khabibulin.

Elliot looked GREAT in the game he was up last year, and has a 0.970 SV% so far this year (albeit through two games) in the minors this season.

4interesting trade proposal... Empty Re: interesting trade proposal... Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:44 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

smash88 wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:I came across a post on HFboards from "Sens fan in Toronto" where he posted this possible trade scenario.

what do you all think?

Gerber + SJ's 1st

for

No, not at all. You're certainly not the first to be leary about going with Auld and/or Elliott.
However, the gambler in me thinks since most 'grounded' Sens fans don't expect us to ACTUALLY hoist Lord Stanley this year (don't get me wrong, it COULD happen and would be freakin' awesome if it did, but I'm not thinking for a second we're a LOCK to do so) why not take a gamble and see what happens? Thing is, we would have Gerber off the books in July regardless of what happens this season anyway (at least I'm fairly confident that will happen as Gerber is officially the last player or signing with Muckler's fingerprints) so why not get his salary off our books and keep a nice amount of cap space available for anything Murray feels the Sens may need come deadline day and just go for it.

Thoughts?

I'm not so sure I'd feel comfortable with Auld/Elliott as our backstoppers... I don't know but is it just me?

5interesting trade proposal... Empty Re: interesting trade proposal... Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:08 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I say we have a better chance of making a run with Elliot than with Gerber.

With Gerber we know for sure he won't get hot and will let in some softies. With Elliot, maybe he will, maybe he won't.

We're dumping Gerbs in the summer anyways, so why wouldn't we drop his salary and take an upgrade in draft pick to do it sooner. In my opinion he's not helping the team by being here.

It's a no brainer to me.

6interesting trade proposal... Empty Re: interesting trade proposal... Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:12 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

mattbond wrote:I say we have a better chance of making a run with Elliot than with Gerber.

With Gerber we know for sure he won't get hot and will let in some softies. With Elliot, maybe he will, maybe he won't.

We're dumping Gerbs in the summer anyways, so why wouldn't we drop his salary and take an upgrade in draft pick to do it sooner. In my opinion he's not helping the team by being here.

It's a no brainer to me.

Kind of my thoughts exactly.
Now, it may be completely moot as it appears Hartsburg and Murray want to run with Gerbs for a while anyway and see what happens (at least that's what they are openly conveying to the public and thus far, none of my friends or insiders can provide any insight on the goalie thing as of today) so I'll give Gerbs my support and loyalty, but I'll go on the record and say he always makes me nervous and yet I will defend him if unfairly targeted. Having said that, if a sweet trade were to arise (like the one mentioned in the into to this thread IMO) I would pounce some quick!

7interesting trade proposal... Empty Re: interesting trade proposal... Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:18 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:Kind of my thoughts exactly.
Now, it may be completely moot as it appears Hartsburg and Murray want to run with Gerbs for a while anyway and see what happens (at least that's what they are openly conveying to the public and thus far, none of my friends or insiders can provide any insight on the goalie thing as of today) so I'll give Gerbs my support and loyalty, but I'll go on the record and say he always makes me nervous and yet I will defend him if unfairly targeted. Having said that, if a sweet trade were to arise (like the one mentioned in the into to this thread IMO) I would pounce some quick!

Sweet, we've got some insider sources over at GMHockey. Just tell me his favourite game isn't 'fetch'.

8interesting trade proposal... Empty Re: interesting trade proposal... Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:54 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I would not do this trade and I don't think Colorado would want Gerbs anyway. No one wants him right now. Give him 20 or 30 games like he played against Phoenix and like he played vs. Detroit (Minus the softies) and then there will be a market for him. At that point I'd still keep him because if he plays that well then you don't want to get rid of him right?

- Unknown Author

9interesting trade proposal... Empty Re: interesting trade proposal... Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:09 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Gerbs trade value has always been low, but then, any team who tries to move a goalie recently has had low returns. Look at Mike Smith, Huet, or Al Montoya (coming to mind), none netted significant return. Gerbers value has to be lower than any of those. I think we'd have to pay to get rid of the guy at this point.

10interesting trade proposal... Empty Re: interesting trade proposal... Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:12 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattbond wrote:Gerbs trade value has always been low, but then, any team who tries to move a goalie recently has had low returns. Look at Mike Smith, Huet, or Al Montoya (coming to mind), none netted significant return. Gerbers value has to be lower than any of those. I think we'd have to pay to get rid of the guy at this point.

Yeah but in a sense just getting his salary off our books would be a win for us... LOL Man really couldn't of seen me saying that 5 years ago! Rolling Eyes

11interesting trade proposal... Empty Re: interesting trade proposal... Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:28 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

His salary doesn't look THAT bad, considering. He's making half as much as Khabibulin and is comparable.

There are LOTS of goaltenders making $5M+ that are second tier at best. I'll take 'Gerbs in a contract year over that.

12interesting trade proposal... Empty Re: interesting trade proposal... Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:28 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I still think it's a bad move. Elliot can't shoulder the load, I'm not confidant enough in Auld for more than a 10 to 15 game stop gap and there's not really an option out there that is readily available and a significant upgrade to Gerber is there?

- Unknown Author

13interesting trade proposal... Empty Re: interesting trade proposal... Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:38 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n' Clutch wrote:I still think it's a bad move. Elliot can't shoulder the load, I'm not confidant enough in Auld for more than a 10 to 15 game stop gap and there's not really an option out there that is readily available and a significant upgrade to Gerber is there?

I know it's early, but I've lost all confidence in Gerber.

We're not going anywhere with him, and if we made this trade we'd be in a better position to deal for another goalie (wouldn't have to send Gerber the other way).

Toskala is an interesting option, as with Pogge in the wings and the rebuild, he could become expendable. Whether TOR would trade with us is another issue, but if we took on Mark Bell's contract and sent a propsect and a pick the other way, it could get it done (as discussed in the other thread).

I think at this point I just want Gerber gone. For every big save he makes, he makes 10 saves where he looks shaky, and I don't know how much longer I can handle the CONSTANT softies.

14interesting trade proposal... Empty Re: interesting trade proposal... Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:41 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattbond wrote:
Cap'n' Clutch wrote:I still think it's a bad move. Elliot can't shoulder the load, I'm not confidant enough in Auld for more than a 10 to 15 game stop gap and there's not really an option out there that is readily available and a significant upgrade to Gerber is there?

I know it's early, but I've lost all confidence in Gerber.

We're not going anywhere with him, and if we made this trade we'd be in a better position to deal for another goalie (wouldn't have to send Gerber the other way).

Toskala is an interesting option, as with Pogge in the wings and the rebuild, he could become expendable. Whether TOR would trade with us is another issue, but if we took on Mark Bell's contract and sent a propsect and a pick the other way, it could get it done (as discussed in the other thread).

I think at this point I just want Gerber gone. For every big save he makes, he makes 10 saves where he looks shaky, and I don't know how much longer I can handle the CONSTANT softies.

or the constant rebounds that skip out to the high slot almost everytime... I cringe everytime a shot is taken on our goal...

15interesting trade proposal... Empty Re: interesting trade proposal... Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:44 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I know... it's so frightening.

I cringe every time an unscreened point shot gets taken. The man is a human rebound machine.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum