GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Proposal Challenge

+8
Cronie
jamvan
Cap'n Clutch
Acrobat
PKC
Amnesia021
wprager
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Proposal Challenge Empty Proposal Challenge Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:50 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think it would be really fun if we were to have trade proposals from users during the dog days of summer.

This is for bragging rights only, but who can come up with the best, most realistic trade proposal?

I wonder if one of us will nail what Murray's gonna do.

I've thrown some wonderful trade proposal turkeys in my day, but I'll give you my honest take on your proposal if you fire one off (a proposal that is 8) ).

2Proposal Challenge Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:35 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

504Heater wrote:I think it would be really fun if we were to have trade proposals from users during the dog days of summer.

This is for bragging rights only, but who can come up with the best, most realistic trade proposal?

I wonder if one of us will nail what Murray's gonna do.

I've thrown some wonderful trade proposal turkeys in my day, but I'll give you my honest take on your proposal if you fire one off (a proposal that is 8) ).

OMG, please count me out. I suck at this.

3Proposal Challenge Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:44 pm

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

I'll bite... I'd trade Gerber + Mez + Neil + Prospect/Pick to Dallas for Turco + Boucher/Robidas Razz

4Proposal Challenge Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Amnesia021 wrote:I'll bite... I'd trade Gerber + Mez + Neil + Prospect/Pick to Dallas for Turco + Boucher/Robidas Razz

That would be nice. It would mean that Brett Hull had suffered a stroke, but it would be nice from an Ottawa POV.

5Proposal Challenge Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:30 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Andrej Meszaros to the Tampa Bay Lightning for Jussi Jokinen and Ty Wishart.

6Proposal Challenge Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:37 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:Andrej Meszaros to the Tampa Bay Lightning for Jussi Jokinen and Ty Wishart.

Holy ****, we both came to almost the exact same conclusion at the same time (in the which top 6 will BM target thread).

7Proposal Challenge Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:42 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:Andrej Meszaros to the Tampa Bay Lightning for Jussi Jokinen and Ty Wishart.

Is putting Wishart in there fair from a TB POV? Otherwise, this is a great proposal.

I'll add in:

Neil and a 3rd to Anaheim for Schneider.

Puck mover and slick 2nd liner in two quick moves.

8Proposal Challenge Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:04 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:

Is putting Wishart in there fair from a TB POV? Otherwise, this is a great proposal.

I'll add in:

If they want Meszaros, it is. And I'm not really sure that we need Schneider. I'd like to see what Neil is going to do in a contract year, with a fresh start, and a coach who preaches accountability. Maybe he'll go back to the Chris Neil that scored 16 goals.

9Proposal Challenge Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:08 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
If they want Meszaros, it is. And I'm not really sure that we need Schneider. I'd like to see what Neil is going to do in a contract year, with a fresh start, and a coach who preaches accountability. Maybe he'll go back to the Chris Neil that scored 16 goals.

I'm scared that we'd be caught in a position where Ringo left and we'd wouldn't have done anything to replace him. He played like arse for the final 2 years of his contract, but he's still a massive puck mover. Without him we're being stripped to bare bones on the back end in terms of puck moving ability.

I'm sure Hartsburg can sort out a system that can make up for that - to a degree...

10Proposal Challenge Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:16 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
PKC wrote:

I'm scared that we'd be caught in a position where Ringo left and we'd wouldn't have done anything to replace him. He played like arse for the final 2 years of his contract, but he's still a massive puck mover. Without him we're being stripped to bare bones on the back end in terms of puck moving ability.

I'm sure Hartsburg can sort out a system that can make up for that - to a degree...

Diddle it. Even his patented 'breakout pass/first pass' amounted to Dung for the last 2 years. For every decent breakout pass he had, he had two glaring miscues in his own zone. He did more harm to the team with his lackluster play and frail attempts at playing the body that we're probably going to be better just by addition through subtraction.

Also, could you imagine him, Karlsson, Volchenkov and Lee forming the backbone of our defense in a few years. Christ.

11Proposal Challenge Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:18 am

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:
Also, could you imagine him, Karlsson, Volchenkov and Lee forming the backbone of our defense in a few years. Christ.

I think I just wrote the exact same thing in another thread...eerie...

12Proposal Challenge Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:08 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:

I'll add in:

Copy Cat Razz ! I made that proposal in a Poll. BTW I voted yes for it!

I'll throw out my two cents for a trade proposal. How about Boucher for Nikulin and a second?

- Unknown Author

13Proposal Challenge Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:50 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

I still have a problem dumping Mez. Too much potential.

I like the ideal of Neil and a third to Anaheim.

Do we really want to give up Nikulin? (really, I'm asking as I haven't seem him play this year, and I recall someone saying that he's improved).

Gotta get JJ though.

If we get JJ, do we stll have room for Schneider, assuming we send Neil?

14Proposal Challenge Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:55 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Nycholat, Glass and Hennessey for Jokinen

A 4th round draft pick for Scneider.

15Proposal Challenge Empty Re: Proposal Challenge Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:58 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:Nycholat, Glass and Hennessey for Jokinen

A 4th round draft pick for Scneider.

Are we letting Mesz sit out then? How does that work out with our Cap situation? We'd be over wouldn't we?

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum