GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+2
Ev
wprager
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah no thanks to karlsson.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Yeah no thanks to karlsson.

They are suggesting moving DeBrincat to bring in Karlsson. Insane. Let's win some games so this garbage can stop.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

They are suggesting moving DeBrincat to bring in Karlsson.  Insane.  Let's win some games so this garbage can stop.

Who’s they?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well, if they want to eat 60% of his salary, I might bite. 4 years isn’t too long. But I know that’s not happening.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:

Well, if they want to eat 60% of his salary, I might bite. 4 years isn’t too long. But I know that’s not happening.

The fanbase lives in the past too much. Let’s move on from alfredsson and karlsson

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

The fanbase lives in the past too much. Let’s move on from alfredsson and karlsson

Never!

Karlsson at 4.5mill would be a bargain. I don’t expect him to stay as productive but he could be worth that salary for 4 years.

That said, SJ isn’t eating 6-7 mill a season.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Never!

Karlsson at 4.5mill would be a bargain. I don’t expect him to stay as productive but he could be worth that salary for 4 years.

That said, SJ isn’t eating 6-7 mill a season.

You can only eat 50%. I just don’t want to see him on this team again.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

They are suggesting moving DeBrincat to bring in Karlsson.  Insane.  Let's win some games so this garbage can stop.

Who’s they?

Just search "karlsson debrincat" on Twitter.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the way, Karlsson's cap hit is $11.5 but his actual salary remaining is not. Very roughly it's $8.6M per season (that's taking into account that he's owed $1.5M this season, pro-rated to hire much of the season is left, of course).

Last edited by wprager on Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'd be open to it if the return wasn't bad.

It would need to start with 50% salary retention, Zaitsev, and yes probably DeBrincat - not that I don't like him but he's not playing up to his $9.5M qualifying offer. Problem is I wouldn't want to give up any of our prospects unless it's Jarventie or Sokolov, and I suspect Thomson or JBD would be on the table.

To Ottawa: Karlsson @ 50%
To San Jose: DeBrincat, Zaitsev, Jarventie, Thomson, 2nd rd pick

I dunno. It's a lot and not that much all at the same time.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'd be open to it if the return wasn't bad.

It would need to start with 50% salary retention, Zaitsev, and yes probably DeBrincat - not that I don't like him but he's not playing up to his $9.5M qualifying offer. Problem is I wouldn't want to give up any of our prospects unless it's Jarventie or Sokolov, and I suspect Thomson or JBD would be on the table.

What are you smoking!

That’s a huge overpayment! Alone you could get kalrsson for debrincat. There’s no way you want to get rid of debrincat anyways. His metrics are great, it’s just a question of time until pucks start filling the net.
How often are you on Twitter? Laugh1

That’s a terrible proposal.

They actually want to be rid of kalrsson, even with 50% retained.
You could probably get him for Brannstrom, a 2nd and a B prospect.
Teams of weary of his history of injury

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Can we all agree it won't happen and just move on?

As for DeBrincat, now that we don't have Norris as the sniper on PP#1 we should expect that DeBrincat will finally starting getting more reps and more rips. But last night it was Batherson sniping the one-timer from the left side. In the 11 games since Norris went down DeBrincat has 2 PP goals and 3 PP assists. Those 2 goals were in the game in Philadelphia which means he hasn't scored a PP goal in 10 of 11 games. By the way I am focusing only on PP goals because DeBrincat is obviously not replacing Norris 5-5.

Now, don't assume that I'm blaming him for the poor power-play; I still think this is primarily a coaching issue.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Can we all agree it won't happen and just move on?

As for DeBrincat, now that we don't have Norris as the sniper on PP#1 we should expect that DeBrincat will finally starting getting more reps and more rips.  But last night it was Batherson sniping the one-timer from the left side.  In the 11 games since Norris went down DeBrincat has 2 PP goals and 3 PP assists.  Those 2 goals were in the game in Philadelphia which means he hasn't scored a PP goal in 10 of 11 games.  By the way I am focusing only on PP goals because DeBrincat is obviously not replacing Norris 5-5.

Now, don't assume that I'm blaming him for the poor power-play; I still think this is primarily a coaching issue.

Oh yeah. Totally not happening.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'd be open to it if the return wasn't bad.

What are you smoking!

That’s a huge overpayment! Alone you could get kalrsson for debrincat. There’s no way you want to get rid of debrincat anyways. His metrics are great, it’s just a question of time until pucks start filling the net.
How often are you on Twitter? Laugh1

That’s a terrible proposal.

They actually want to be rid of kalrsson, even with 50% retained.
You could probably get him for Brannstrom, a 2nd and a B prospect.
Teams of weary of his history of injury

Fair enough. I guess I was trying to balance a 50% dead cap / salary retention for Karlsson + getting rid of Zaitsev which are both things we would need to pay extra for.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Are we feeling a win tomorrow? Should have beaten NJ last time we played them and it sounds like the Leafs lost the game for themselves vs NJ deserving to win. Zub *should* be back which hopefully means Larsson will be out of the lineup.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Also maybe an unpopular decision here, but I'd like to see Motte dropped down to L4 in favour of someone from Belleville. Parker Kelly hasn't really been cutting it for me. I'd like Lodin to get a look once he gets a few more AHL games under his belt.

Would also like to see Thomson called up at some point. We don't have a PP shooting threat on our blueline and he's probably got the best shot in our system

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Zub said he's good to go tomorrow and Chabot is on track to return when they head out West. Larsson was brought up on an emergency basis (I think) but with Chabot still listed as only potentially returning next week I think they will take him on the trip. Or not. Who knows any more.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Zaitsev sent to Belleville. Pretty much confirms Zub is ready.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum