GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Playoff predictions 2021

+2
tim1_2
Flo The Action
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

91Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 7 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:19 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Hope habs take it tonight. Can’t stand Vegas and Lehner

I love Lehner. But just for the optics I’d like the Habs and the isles to win.

The NHL would love vegas to make it and I’m not a fan of that. Plus it gives hope to all the medium and small markets or the ones hampered by taxes to have these two underdogs make the finals.

It’s a better story. Who really wants to see Tampa make the finals again or Vegas for that matter.

92Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 7 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:33 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:

The NHL would love vegas to make it and I’m not a fan of that. Plus it gives hope to all the medium and small markets or the ones hampered by taxes to have these two underdogs make the finals.

It’s a better story. Who really wants to see Tampa make the finals again or Vegas for that matter.

Lehner is too busy tweeting memes on Twitter and not focused on the game. He was also an bunghole during his time here.

Anyone but Vegas winning is fine by me

93Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 7 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:34 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:

Lehner is too busy tweeting memes on Twitter and not focused on the game. He was also an bunghole during his time here.

94Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 7 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:38 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Lehner is fine. He does what the majority of kids his age does on social media. What he faced having to deal with BD shows real strength of carachter to me. We’d be lucky to have him in Ottawa as opposed to what we have. But I don’t think he’s really made for this market. Fits well in Vegas. I think Fleury gets traded this summer. Maybe if they retain a little he might get sent to Toronto.

I’d love to see Fleury collapse in Toronto’s net next year 😂

95Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 7 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:24 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Lehner is fine. He does what the majority of kids his age does on social media. What he faced having to deal with BD shows real strength of carachter to me. We’d be lucky to have him in Ottawa as opposed to what we have. But I don’t think he’s really made for this market. Fits well in Vegas. I think Fleury gets traded this summer. Maybe if they retain a little he might get sent to Toronto.

I’d love to see Fleury collapse in Toronto’s net next year 😂

He’s not a kid. He’s almost 30 years old and professional athlete. It’s not a good look. I think it was a major mistake to go to him at any point these playoffs regardless if he wins. This was fleurys team all year. I wouldn’t take Lehner back under any circumstances, we have enough goaltending as is regardless of what I think of him.

96Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 7 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:12 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wow. All credit to Montreal this year.

What an upset all the way through.

What a crazy playoff

97Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 7 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:11 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I wouldn't take Lehner back at this point. I thought he was doing "better" but then all his stuff on social media would indicate he's kind of regressing from a mental health standpoint, which was always a battle for him.

Full credit to Carey Price and Montreal. They've made some good teams look pretty average. Mark Stone must've had a pretty serious injury...he looked off.

98Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 7 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:01 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, I wouldn't take Lehner back at this point.  I thought he was doing "better" but then all his stuff on social media would indicate he's kind of regressing from a mental health standpoint, which was always a battle for him.

Full credit to Carey Price and Montreal.  They've made some good teams look pretty average.  Mark Stone must've had a pretty serious injury...he looked off.

You think vegas lost due to Lehner? He was fine. Way to make a big deal out of nothing.

The reason vegas lost is they couldn’t score on price.

99Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 7 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:56 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, I wouldn't take Lehner back at this point.  I thought he was doing "better" but then all his stuff on social media would indicate he's kind of regressing from a mental health standpoint, which was always a battle for him.

Full credit to Carey Price and Montreal.  They've made some good teams look pretty average.  Mark Stone must've had a pretty serious injury...he looked off.

You think vegas lost due to Lehner? He was fine. Way to make a big deal out of nothing.

Just stupid to give up on your vezina candidate goalie for no reason. It is mostly on Stone though, he was awful and wasn’t injured

100Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 7 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:37 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Stone insists he wasn't injured. Danault's agent says "Thank you very much!" He's gonna get paid.

101Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 7 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:46 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Too bad the Islanders blew it in game 7. Not only were they outshot/outplayed, but losing 1-0 on a short-handed goal blows. And I was really hoping they would at least beat up the Lightning physically but they let them off easy. Although I have to say, Kucherov didn't engage in much physical play, so I think he's quite banged up. My guess is, if that was game 6 he would have sat out.

102Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 7 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:30 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Just stupid to give up on your vezina candidate goalie for no reason. It is mostly on Stone though, he was awful and wasn’t injured

No reason? Fleury was showing a few mental lapses in his game. I personally think his game goes through ups and downs and Lehner might actually be the more reliable goalie out of the two these days.

Yeah, didn’t seem to see Stone be his usual self. Kinda out of character for him.

103Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 7 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:33 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Too bad the Islanders blew it in game 7.  Not only were they outshot/outplayed, but losing 1-0 on a short-handed goal blows.  And I was really hoping they would at least beat up the Lightning physically but they let them off easy.  Although I have to say, Kucherov didn't engage in much physical play, so I think he's quite banged up.  My guess is, if that was game 6 he would have sat out.

Couldn’t watch the game. It is too bad. I’d have enjoyed an isles Habs finals more than tampa.

I wouldn’t say Tampa is 100% gonna win but they are likely to win between the two.
Maybe if the Habs can play really hard and pile up injuries they stand a chance.

104Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 7 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:44 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

At least if Montreal wins we can say it wasn’t a real season. Two eastern conference teams meeting in the final is just wrong

Did they even give out trophies for the conference this year? I guess not

105Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 7 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:47 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:At least if Montreal wins we can say it wasn’t a real season. Two eastern conference teams meeting in the final is just wrong

Montreal had a pretty easy road to the cup. A choke-artist Toronto team without Tavares, a shallow Winnipeg team without Shiefele, and a Vegas team that can't score goals. Toronto is the only team they played against with legit superstars and like years prior they didn't perform in the playoffs. If Montreal beats Tampa they absolutely deserve to hoist the cup. They also better win because next year they probably won't make the playoffs and/or will have to go through Tampa, Washington, Toronto (again), or Boston in the first round - maybe even Carolina. It's now or never for Montreal IMO

106Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 7 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:33 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And now Armia is in Covid protocol so he won't be there for at least the first two games (can't travel to the US). Their chances rest on Price continuing to play like Saint Patrick and Tampa being banged up after the first three rounds. And, of course, the relentless forecheck of the Danault line and the Young Smurfs continuing to score. And lets not forget the cagey veterans. OK, I've convinced myself they might actually win a game or two.

107Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 7 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:17 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:At least if Montreal wins we can say it wasn’t a real season. Two eastern conference teams meeting in the final is just wrong

They did give out the conference trophies, it was the first time that Montreal won whatever the dumb western conference trophy is called. It was hilarious.

108Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 7 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:25 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yep, they sure did. Daly the only one touching it.

Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 7 L75BMJGV34I6XM47AWRNO5VR6Q

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum