GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Playoff predictions 2021

+2
tim1_2
Flo The Action
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

61Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:06 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

4 games! That’s actually 2 more than I thought they’d dish out.

Definitely helps the Habs forward.

62Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:50 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Way too many games. Should have been 1 or 2 at most.

63Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:58 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Too few games. Should have been more. While I agree the technique of the hit wasn't too bad (although certainly he left his feet), he wasn't even trying to play the puck...you could tell he was just interested in hitting the guy as hard as humanly possible.

64Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:58 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:4 games! That’s actually 2 more than I thought they’d dish out.

Definitely helps the Habs forward.

The probably would have preferred to not have a teammate stretchered off the ice.

65Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:59 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

A couple terrific games last night. Hopefully the Isles can win the next one and make a series of it.

66Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:07 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Too few games.  Should have been more.  While I agree the technique of the hit wasn't too bad (although certainly he left his feet), he wasn't even trying to play the puck...you could tell he was just interested in hitting the guy as hard as humanly possible.

I agree it was illegal (which is why I think he should have gotten something) but players should absolutely be trying to hit guys as hard as possible. Might as well cancel the sport if we want to change that. You don't want to injure or hit the head, but you want to him them hard. If he wasn't injured we would be celebrating the hit.

67Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:02 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, it's all part of the culture change away from the Rock em Sock em generation. If you're gonna hit someone as hard as possible, you better make sure it's totally clean. In this case, it wasn't, it was illegal AND grotesquely violent, so it should be a long suspension.

68Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:40 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, it's all part of the culture change away from the Rock em Sock em generation.  If you're gonna hit someone as hard as possible, you better make sure it's totally clean.  In this case, it wasn't, it was illegal AND grotesquely violent, so it should be a long suspension.

There have been far worse acts to go without a suspension and he’s never had one suspension in his life. I think it was far too harsh

69Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:40 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Too few games.  Should have been more.  While I agree the technique of the hit wasn't too bad (although certainly he left his feet), he wasn't even trying to play the puck...you could tell he was just interested in hitting the guy as hard as humanly possible.

I agree it was illegal (which is why I think he should have gotten something) but players should absolutely be trying to hit guys as hard as possible. Might as well cancel the sport if we want to change that. You don't want to injure or hit the head, but you want to him them hard. If he wasn't injured we would be celebrating the hit.

Yes, but there has to be a purpose for the hit. "Separating the man from the puck" doesn't apply here since the puck was already in the net. And I get it that defenders are taught to "take the body" instead of taking the puck -- but that applies to defenders (not back checkers) and when there is a goalie present -- you reduce the effectiveness of the shot but you don't really try to prevent it; if you are not between the puck and the goal, and if there is no goalie, you are supposed to try to stop the puck. He made no attempt to stop the puck.

70Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:41 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, it's all part of the culture change away from the Rock em Sock em generation.  If you're gonna hit someone as hard as possible, you better make sure it's totally clean.  In this case, it wasn't, it was illegal AND grotesquely violent, so it should be a long suspension.

There have been far worse acts to go without a suspension and he’s never had one suspension in his life. I think it was far too harsh

Do you think he will choose a different course of action if presented with the same circumstances? Deterrence is the goal.

71Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:34 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Are the Habs the 2017 Senators?

72Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:00 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

What kills me about the Habs is that the Senators would have beaten them. In a normal year the Habs don't make it out of the first round.

73Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:27 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'd bet the fans of the Bruins and Rangers were about as complimentary to the Sens in 2017 as we are to the Habs now. The Bruins would have wiped their asses with the Senators if they didn't have half of their D injured. The Rangers would have won easily if not for the chicken-parm eating garden gnome who scores with his eyes closed.

74Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:15 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Are the Habs the 2017 Senators?

I was making that comparison just yesterday. Except our team scored more.

But watching the Habs somehow totally shut down good offenses is quite something. Good for Ducharme.

75Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:40 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Islanders taking a series lead. I like it!

At this point, if we could have a Montreal/Islanders finals I’d be blown away. It be just a giant middle finger to everything that’s been going on in the NHL for the last decade. All the stars and markets that have all the benefits eliminated and the underdogs left playing.

What a series that would be.
Just the optics. The Islanders versus the Canadians. What is this? 1980? 😂

76Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:37 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oh well. That’s the end of that. Habs don’t look like they can win this series. No matter how well price plays.

77Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:59 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, it was a fun ride for their fans while it lasted. Not sure any of the teams left can match up with Vegas...I guess TB would have the best shot at that.

78Playoff predictions 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: Playoff predictions 2021 Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:40 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, it was a fun ride for their fans while it lasted.  Not sure any of the teams left can match up with Vegas...I guess TB would have the best shot at that.

I think if Tampa makes the finals they win. Barring significant injuries. I’d prefer Vegas but that’s what I think.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum