GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+5
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 66 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

That puts them under the cap by more than any potential callup. I doubt there's appetite for any more older players, so unless they have a trade in place I'd say this potentially means they are close with Brady.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:That puts them under the cap by more than any potential callup. I doubt there's appetite for any more older players, so unless they have a trade in place I'd say this potentially means they are close with Brady.

it doesn't with White going on IR.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

My numbers include White. The IR only helps Melnyk (insurance pays part of salary) or if they are over the ceiling (lol).

Tough break for White -- 4 to 6 months (shoulder surgery).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

To be clear, players on IR still count toward the cap, but the team can go over the cap by the IR players' AAV.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:My numbers include White.  The IR only helps Melnyk (insurance pays part of salary) or if they are over the ceiling (lol).

Tough break for White -- 4 to 6 months (shoulder surgery).

Your numbers are not right then because they are now over the cap floor with Sogaard being called up

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Love being a Sens fan. Debates on whether or not we hit the cap floor

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

$59,948,333 (22 on the roster -- 23 including White).  Floor is $60.2.  Sogaard (or anyone else, really) puts them over and they can do that because White is on IR (otherwise the roster would already be at max 23).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:$59,948,333 (22 on the roster -- 23 including White).  Floor is $60.2.  Sogaard (or anyone else, really) puts them over and they can do that because White is on IR (otherwise the roster would already be at max 23).

That’s what I said lol

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Always liked Ennis, so that's cool.

Sucks for White, but I'm not too concerned about missing him.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Give me Eichel for Brann, White, Thomson, Jarventie, Lodin, 2022 2nd, 2023 1st.

Sign Tkachuk for 6 years. You have a six year window to win without giving up too much of your future. Probably the best offer Buffalo gets.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Give me Eichel for Brann, White, Thomson, Jarventie, Lodin, 2022 2nd, 2023 1st.

Sign Tkachuk for 6 years. You have a six year window to win without giving up too much of your future. Probably the best offer Buffalo gets.

Hahaha. No thank you.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I keep thinking white can maybe turn it around and be a borderline top 6 player. Won’t be this year I guess.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Give me Eichel for Brann, White, Thomson, Jarventie, Lodin, 2022 2nd, 2023 1st.

On TSN 1200 today they were talking about the rumour of Eichel going to the Rangers and how it'd have to be Kakko or Zibanejad in a package for the return.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:$59,948,333 (22 on the roster -- 23 including White).  Floor is $60.2.  Sogaard (or anyone else, really) puts them over and they can do that because White is on IR (otherwise the roster would already be at max 23).

That’s what I said lol

Yes, but before you said it I was not considering them bringing in a *third* goalie. I know they were tinkering with the idea of all teams carrying 3 but as far as I know that's not the rule, yet (if and when it is I'm sure they will bump up the roster max to 24).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:

That’s what I said lol

Yes, but before you said it I was not considering them bringing in a *third* goalie.  I know they were tinkering with the idea of all teams carrying 3 but as far as I know that's not the rule, yet (if and when it is I'm sure they will bump up the roster max to 24).

Doesn’t make a difference either way, goalie or skater they’re over the floor

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think carrying 13 forwards is a lot more common than carrying a 3rd goaltender. Not sure how you can say "doesn't make a difference either way".

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I think carrying 13 forwards is a lot more common than carrying a 3rd goaltender.  Not sure how you can say "doesn't make a difference either way".

I was talking about the cap floor. It makes no difference in that sense. They will send Sogaard down after tonight or the weekend

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:

On TSN 1200 today they were talking about the rumour of Eichel going to the Rangers and how it'd have to be Kakko or Zibanejad in a package for the return.

I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up holding on to Eichel until he's cleared to play. They would need take back over $6.3M in salary just to get to the floor(that's $2.752 more than Kakko and nearly $1M more than Zibanejad). If they hang on to him his salary is covered by insurance and they remain cap compliant, and are well on their way to get Shane Wright. When Eichel is healthy the cap floor would be a much smaller issue and there should be a lot more interest in Eichel as an early deadline acquisition.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 66 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum