GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+8
Vandelay
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Flo The Action
tim1_2
wprager
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 64 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Vanecek to NJ. One less 😈

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Gotta believe leafs will get Murray or kuemper or overpay for Campbell

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I Leafs re-up Campbell they will essentially return with the same lineup, with an even older Giordano and no Spezza. Nearly the same lineup that lost in round 1. Marlies missed the playoffs so I doubt any internal promotions would move the needle much. I also doubt Murray would be an upgrade over Campbell. They clearly need help elsewhere. The rumours earlier were of a Chychrun for Nylander (other pieces involved, probably) trade.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I Leafs re-up Campbell they will essentially return with the same lineup, with an even older Giordano and no Spezza.  Nearly the same lineup that lost in round 1. Marlies missed the playoffs so I doubt any internal promotions would move the needle much.  I also doubt Murray would be an upgrade over Campbell.  They clearly need help elsewhere.  The rumours earlier were of a Chychrun for Nylander (other pieces involved, probably) trade.  

I'm not sure why the notes do that.

they're gonna be looking for picks and prospects. unless they already have another deal on deck for Nyl.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:I Leafs re-up Campbell they will essentially return with the same lineup, with an even older Giordano and no Spezza.  Nearly the same lineup that lost in round 1. Marlies missed the playoffs so I doubt any internal promotions would move the needle much.  I also doubt Murray would be an upgrade over Campbell.  They clearly need help elsewhere.  The rumours earlier were of a Chychrun for Nylander (other pieces involved, probably) trade.  

I'm not sure why the notes do that.

they're gonna be looking for picks and prospects. unless they already have another deal on deck for Nyl.

Mainly because they still need $6.7M to get to the floor. Although Nylander for Cychrun won't get them there.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Arizona should be facilitating the Murray trade to Toronto.

Ottawa and Arizona can retain 25%:
- Arizona gets an Ottawa 2nd and a Toronto 3rd
- Toronto gets Murray at 50%
- Ottawa gives up a 2nd to move Murray and retains 25%

If they want to really spice things up they could include Zaitsev and Ottawa could throw in a B level prospect like Jarventie

To Toronto: Murray (50% retained salary)
To Ottawa: Future considerations (Murray 25% retained)
To Arizona: Ott 2nd, Tor 3rd, Jarventie, Zaitsev (Murray 25% retained)

Everybody wins?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Arizona should be facilitating the Murray trade to Toronto.

If they want to really spice things up they could include Zaitsev and Ottawa could throw in a B level prospect like Jarventie

Everybody wins?

I don’t even know that it will get to that expense for Ottawa. Toronto is desperate

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Arizona should be facilitating the Murray trade to Toronto.

Everybody wins?

I don’t even know that it will get to that expense for Ottawa. Toronto is desperate

Maybe Ottawa and Toronto flip the 2nd and 3rd? The addition of Jarventie is to ultimately move Zaitsev. But you're right - maybe it's too much? Maybe they just need to send Kastelic or someone like that.

If Ottawa can move Murray and Zaitsev and make their team better without giving up Greig, Pinto, JBD or Thomson it's a huge win.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I see PK Subban signing with Toronto for cheap. I think he takes a huge discount to go home. Wouldn't be an awful signing if it is for $2M or less per. The Leafs window is closing rapidly.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I see PK Subban signing with Toronto for cheap. I think he takes a huge discount to go home. Wouldn't be an awful signing if it is for $2M or less per. The Leafs window is closing rapidly.

I still see him chasing the biggest contract he can. I’m not sure he’s only worth a couple of millions. I don’t know that he’s a player I’d want here tho.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PK would make much more money retiring and working at ESPN

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nichushkin 8 year deal… oufff. I don’t know if that deal will age well.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Has Patrick Kane officially asked for a trade?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Petry to the Penguins for Matheson + 4th.  That Pittsburgh team is *old*!

Edit: It's Petry and Poehling.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Tierney to Florida. 

Panthers and Leafs scooping up all our trash

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Tierney to Florida. 

Add del zotto to the list lol

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:

Geeze. These are guys who couldn't crack on of the worst rosters in the league

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Geeze. These are guys who couldn't crack on of the worst rosters in the league

They’re two way deals

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 64 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum