GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+8
Vandelay
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Flo The Action
tim1_2
wprager
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:How much do they hate Yandle to tell him he's not playing this year for them?  Yikes?  

I hadn't heard of this until you mentioned it: https://www.tsn.ca/veteran-defenceman-keith-yandle-has-fallen-out-of-favour-with-florida-panthers-1.1576644

What the hell. Yandle has an 800+ game ironman streak, in addition to being on the most consistent point-producing d-men over the last 10+ years. Maybe he's an bunghole? I have no idea.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:Gudbranson will have to be careful, Harmonic looked like he was skating in cement all night as McDavid toyed with him.

Laughing3

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:How much do they hate Yandle to tell him he's not playing this year for them?  Yikes?  

I hadn't heard of this until you mentioned it:  https://www.tsn.ca/veteran-defenceman-keith-yandle-has-fallen-out-of-favour-with-florida-panthers-1.1576644

What the hell.  Yandle has an 800+ game ironman streak, in addition to being on the most consistent point-producing d-men over the last 10+ years.  Maybe he's an bunghole?  I have no idea.

Sounds like he's just super soft to play against and the Panthers have had it. The iron man streak seems to be attributed to him shying away from contact (or so Florida fans say).

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I hadn't heard of this until you mentioned it:  https://www.tsn.ca/veteran-defenceman-keith-yandle-has-fallen-out-of-favour-with-florida-panthers-1.1576644

What the hell.  Yandle has an 800+ game ironman streak, in addition to being on the most consistent point-producing d-men over the last 10+ years.  Maybe he's an bunghole?  I have no idea.

Sounds like he's just super soft to play against and the Panthers have had it.  The iron man streak seems to be attributed to him shying away from contact (or so Florida fans say).

Well yeah, but that's pretty much how he's played his whole career. The whole "puck moving defenceman" trend and PP quarterback thing is where he fits in.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Sounds like he's just super soft to play against and the Panthers have had it.  The iron man streak seems to be attributed to him shying away from contact (or so Florida fans say).

Well yeah, but that's pretty much how he's played his whole career.  The whole "puck moving defenceman" trend and PP quarterback thing is where he fits in.

Don't quote me, but it sounds like teams just no longer have a need for butter soft PP QBs who has horrible WARs. Too easy to play against. Now...if he was being retained by 50% and Florida was throwing in a pick or prospect, we could use him as a 3rd pairing guy and PP1 with Chabot, because our PP was so bad last year.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Well yeah, but that's pretty much how he's played his whole career.  The whole "puck moving defenceman" trend and PP quarterback thing is where he fits in.

Don't quote me, but it sounds like teams just no longer have a need for butter soft PP QBs who has horrible WARs.  Too easy to play against.  Now...if he was being retained by 50% and Florida was throwing in a pick or prospect, we could use him as a 3rd pairing guy and PP1 with Chabot, because our PP was so bad last year.  
thats 3 more years of yandle on that contract. If he’s butter soft, I doubt he’d fit into the coaching mentality in Ottawa.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Don't quote me, but it sounds like teams just no longer have a need for butter soft PP QBs who has horrible WARs.  Too easy to play against.  Now...if he was being retained by 50% and Florida was throwing in a pick or prospect, we could use him as a 3rd pairing guy and PP1 with Chabot, because our PP was so bad last year.  
thats 3 more years of yandle on that contract. If he’s butter soft, I doubt he’d fit into the coaching mentality in Ottawa.

That's an excellent point.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I would never suggest Ottawa trade for him, mainly because we've reached the cap floor for this season Laughing3

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Easy McDavid. Take a break young man. The game is too easy for you at that pace and cut.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:Easy McDavid. Take a break young man. The game is too easy for you at that pace and cut.

Don't worry. Josh Brown will slow him down

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Lagoon wrote:Easy McDavid. Take a break young man. The game is too easy for you at that pace and cut.

I enjoyed watching him last night, he was terrific. His game seems so smooth.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

Personally, I think Gudbranson finally gets his Norris this season.

The good thing is, most of our prospects are using their prime playing years to dominate the AHL. Once they make it to the NHL out of their prime, that will be valuable experience to teach our 2025 crop of prospects

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

Personally, I think Gudbranson finally gets his Norris this season.

The good thing is, most of our prospects are using their prime playing years to dominate the AHL. Once they make it to the NHL out of their prime, that will be valuable experience to teach our 2025 crop of prospects

The only ones that shouldn't be down there are Brannstrom and Formenton. I'm sorry but if Brown can't beat out Norris, White or Anisimov for a job then he deserves to be there. Formenton also needs to learn how to play with a bit more discipline so I am not surprised to see him not make the team.

Anyway, pretty happy to see Reilly and Galchenyuk sitting tonight. Coburn and Reilly will be gone before the deadline which opens the door for Brannstrom, and Galchenyuk and Anisimov will be an after thought by then, maybe even Paquette too so the door is wide open for White to get regular minutes, Brown to step in and show what he can do, and for Formenton to close out the season is Ottawa.

I do think the Sens will try to keep Stepan which is contrary to what I thought a few weeks ago. Hard to think he can't produce with Stutzle and Dadonov on his wings. This ultimately means our center depth next year is Stepan, Norris, Pinto, Tierney so kiss Logan Brown goodbye (and forget about Stutzle being a center - ain't gonna happen).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hobiesens wrote:
I enjoyed watching him last night, he was terrific. His game seems so smooth.

Hamonic is in a nightmare he just can't wake up from. Sure, we'll have our issues with our D, but Vancouver is meant to be a playoff team - and...Hamonic can't handle speed - at all.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Spezza and Aaron Dell on waivers. People seem to think Aaron Dell will get claimed...I'm not positive...he's a 31 year old backup. Edmonton's been mentioned as a possibility.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Spezza wont report to any team that claims apparently

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Spezza wont report to any team that claims apparently

there should be something to prevent him from not reporting. like for him to not be able to return to the leafs. i don't know how that would work.
it's a circumvention of the waiver process to say he won't report so as to not be claimed.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Spezza wont report to any team that claims apparently

there should be something to prevent him from not reporting. like for him to not be able to return to the leafs. i don't know how that would work.
it's a circumvention of the waiver process to say he won't report so as to not be claimed.

If a team wants him, claim him. Screw the not reporting stuff. He should retire then.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum