GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY - GAME 4 - Ottawa Senators vs Winnipeg Jets - 2021

+4
DefenceWinsChampionships
Ev
Lagoon
PTFlea
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:It was too much for me, man.  I couldn't take it anymore.  And when i start getting messages about members leaving because of it...well, we only have like 8 active members, we're pretty much a club and we don't need to lose anyone over that.

Did somebody get themselves banned?

Yes. I was him or like...half of our members, so it was the easiest decision ever. Smile

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:It was too much for me, man.  I couldn't take it anymore.  And when i start getting messages about members leaving because of it...well, we only have like 8 active members, we're pretty much a club and we don't need to lose anyone over that.

Yes.  I was him or like...half of our members, so it was the easiest decision ever. Smile

It's too bad really...he used to be able to have a reasonable conversation, but the past couple month devolved into never ending troll posts, to the point where I put him on my "foes" list so it just auto-hid all his posts.

Hobiesens

Sophomore
Sophomore

tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Yes.  I was him or like...half of our members, so it was the easiest decision ever. Smile

It's too bad really...he used to be able to have a reasonable conversation, but the past couple month devolved into never ending troll posts, to the point where I put him on my "foes" list so it just auto-hid all his posts.

It seems to me like he was bitter at the Senators themselves for not hiring him as a draft consultant or something. He put way too much effort in hating the team and their decisions.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yes he can be engaging and has an alright mind for discussing hockey but the last two months we’re just not what I would call contribution to any conversation. It was almost like he was trying to see if he’d get banned.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We need to get Shabbs back.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hey I guess no Laine for tonight’s game Sarcasm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Liking wolanins game so far tonight

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

There are some serious placeholders on D. Brown is a good 6th dman, wolanin and Chabot, perhaps Zaitsev, but we need Sanderson in there sooner rather than later.

Really ditto goes for Watson, who i thought would be better frankly. Lots of placeholders.

Now, the plus side is batherson and paul, for different reasons. Batherson is gonna be so good.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Watson much better 2nd. Nick Paul continues

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We're gonna pay for this penalty

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow that Cussing sucks

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

1.white should be in the lineup no matter what. He should get every opportunity to play his way out of this. Bad decision to bench him

2.logan brown should be in this lineup. We're not good enough to not have a big skilled guy in

3.are we to believe that our defence is so awesome that Brannstrom isnt in our top 6?

4.paquette can sit for white. Reilly can sit for Brannstrom, brown can come in for Anisimov. Come on...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:1.white should be in the lineup no matter what. He should get every opportunity to play his way out of this. Bad decision to bench him

2.logan brown should be in this lineup. We're not good enough to not have a big skilled guy in

3.are we to believe that our defence is so awesome that Brannstrom isnt in our top 6?

4.paquette can sit for white. Reilly can sit for Brannstrom, brown can come in for Anisimov. Come on...

Brown should stay in the ahl as long as possible. Paquette is injured. Likely see white next game along with stutzle

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:1.white should be in the lineup no matter what.  He should get every opportunity to play his way out of this.  Bad decision to bench him

2.logan brown should be in this lineup.  We're not good enough to not have a big skilled guy in

4.paquette can sit for white.  Reilly can sit for Brannstrom,  brown can come in for Anisimov.  Come on...

Brown should stay in the ahl as long as possible. Paquette is injured. Likely see white next game along with stutzle

Sure, when the ahl is going he can go back down and dominate, but i ask: what harm in seeing him now? Afraid he'll be outmatched lol?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Zero harm. And I agree. Brown should be in. Changes I would make:

1. Move Paul up to play with Norris and Batherson
2. Slide tkachuk with Tierney and Brown
3. Reilly out, Brann in (LHD Chabot, Wolanin, Brann).
4. Under no circumstances should Coburn or J
Brown play together.
5. Paquette out, Galchenyuk in
6. Anisimov out, L. Brown in
7. Watson, White, L. Brown can rotate on the fourth line

Paul-Norris-Brown
Tkachuk-Tierney-Brown
Stutzle-Stepan-Dadonov
Galchenyuk-L.Brown-White

Chabot-Zaitsev
Wolanin-Gudbranson
Brannstrom-J.Brown

If there is a chance move on from Stepan, Anisimov, Coburn and Paquette. I get sheltering rookies is important but the rookies are not the problem with this team.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

So frustrating that we couldn't pull out a win on a night where Hellebuyck was struggling.

As some of you mentioned there are some changes that are needed. There's no reason to leave a vet in if a younger player can do just as well or outperform them. I'd rather give White the chance to succeed by playing him than having him watch the game. We know that our future is with the young core, Paquette, Anisimov, etc. can sit for awhile and let's see what L. Brown, White and Brannstrom can do.

Also, nice to see the success Nick Paul is having. I always thought he'd missed his chance but he's finally found his groove. Could we see the same happen with L. Brown in the next few years?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's gonna be a long season lol....3 straight losses to Winnipeg does not bode well for playing some of the other, better teams.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That was definitely a frustrating night.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum