GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Call your shot on Ottawa's Trades (or lack of) up to POST DRAFT

+4
Ev
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 12]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Josh Brown folks. this is our blockbuster move.... well Done Doriyawn.

Seems like a nice little pickup at a cheap price before many more moves will be made. Had some decent underlying stats

Laughing3

Edit: my bad. I just noticed you were talking strictly about his fights. I too like the way he mixes up his angles on power punches.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I said little for a reason. Maybe he can become what demelo was. Who knows

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:I said little for a reason. Maybe he can become what demelo was. Who knows

I just mentioned DeMelo oddly enough in another thread. But only because Dorion apparently ranks them basically the same. He’s lost it. Actually, he’s never had pro scouting.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The last thing we needed was another mediocre defenceman. The trade doesn't really make sense...but I guess we need to see what else happens here.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:I said little for a reason. Maybe he can become what demelo was. Who knows

I just mentioned DeMelo oddly enough in another thread. But only because Dorion apparently ranks them basically the same. He’s lost it. Actually, he’s never had pro scouting.

And what was demelo two years ago? A nobody who no team even wanted to sign

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

And what was demelo two years ago? A nobody who no team even wanted to sign

Bingo! So why pay a 4th for that same player nobody wants now?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Now I understand most of your opinions. You have a complete inability to just say what you mean by admittedly saying little about this Brown trade, but still throwing out that you think it was a low price to pay and that he has decent underlying metrics, both of which are completely false.

Be honest for once. It’s ok to criticize a gong show of an organization. We are all here holding out hope for the same thing but most can admit they are a joke.

Pumping Stutzle’s tires blind all makes sense now. All because you chose to not even look at his flaws and the ease they can be changed as he develops. Give me Perfetti and his brain at 7 before Stutzle and his pace at 9 because Stutzle just doesn’t have the brain to catch up to his feet.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Now I understand most of your opinions. You have a complete inability to just say what you mean by admittedly saying little about this Brown trade, but still throwing out that you think it was a low price to pay and that he has decent underlying metrics, both of which are completely false.

Be honest for once. It’s ok to criticize a gong show of an organization. We are all here holding out hope for the same thing but most can admit they are a joke.

Pumping Stutzle’s tires blind all makes sense now.
I don’t understand why you came back to this site if you don’t like anybody or what we have to say. Also that comment about stutzle makes no sense. Nobody is pumping his tires by saying a fact that he’s a lock to be chosen in the top 3.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Now I understand most of your opinions. You have a complete inability to just say what you mean by admittedly saying little about this Brown trade, but still throwing out that you think it was a low price to pay and that he has decent underlying metrics, both of which are completely false.

I don’t understand why you came back to this site if you don’t like anybody or what we have to say. Also that comment about stutzle makes no sense. Nobody is pumping his tires by saying a fact that he’s a lock to be chosen in the top 3.

When did I say I don’t like anybody. I actually said this morning that you are enjoyable because you talk back.

And I’m allowed to believe for all the reasons I’ve said that Stutzle is not a lock to go top 3. I don’t care if my mock is wrong. I’ve made valid thoughts why. But all mocks are wrong. I know my BPA list won’t be in 5 years.

On the other hand, your points for Brown being a decent pickup is purposely misleading and hyperbole.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

When did I say I don’t like anybody. I actually said this morning that you are enjoyable because you talk back.

And I’m allowed to believe for all the reasons I’ve said that Stutzle is not a lock to go top 3. I don’t care if my mock is wrong. I’ve made valid thoughts why. But all mocks are wrong. I know my BPA list won’t be in 5 years.

On the other hand, your points for Brown being a decent pickup is purposely misleading and hyperbole.

But he is a lock. I don’t know why you’re choosing to ignore this. It doesn’t mean he will be a top 3 player five years now. Saying he wont go top 3 is like thinking COVID is a hoax . It’s like if I didn’t like Lafreniere and thought Byfield was better, it still doesn’t mean I wouldn’t think Lafreniere is a lock for first. Nobody cares about who is or right in a mock draft, it’s just fact who the top 3 will be at this point.

Also I’m not sure why you’re acting like your list will be exactly right in five years, unless you’re being sarcastic which I give you props for.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

How about this, I will say it’s not a lock if LA picks somebody other than Byfield or stutzle. Fair enough in that case. Because then Ottawa could swipe Byfield instead

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I’ll be offline until after the draft. We’ll see what happens! Enjoy everyone

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

We’ll chat tomorrow.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:

Apparently his pro scout on this was dj Smith who he played for. Who know....maybe itll be ok. I dont like the price

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

Apparently his pro scout on this was dj Smith who he played for.  Who know....maybe itll be ok.  I dont like the price

deja vue.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

the more I've read up on J Brown, the more I think this could be an OK pick-up.
I mean, we have plenty of draft picks this draft. he's an NHL body and with a 4rth it's already a win.
I don't know that it means good things for Jaros making the team though. as it stands today we can roll out 8 D, 4 on each side. but it likely means we aren't going big fish hunting on any more Dman via trade or FA. Makes that 20+ mill space more puzzling. it just reaks of throwing money (and our late 1st rounder, which i don't like) at Matt Murray IMO.

guess that answers the question on brining back Hainsey. which is probably a good thing.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:the more I've read up on J Brown, the more I think this could be an OK pick-up.
I mean, we have plenty of draft picks this draft. he's an NHL body and with a 4rth it's already a win.
I don't know that it means good things for Jaros making the team though. as it stands today we can roll out 8 D, 4 on each side. but it likely means we aren't going big fish hunting on any more Dman via trade or FA. Makes that 20+ mill space more puzzling. it just reaks of throwing money (and our late 1st rounder, which i don't like) at Matt Murray IMO.

guess that answers the question on brining back Hainsey. which is probably a good thing.

Big fish hunting? In Ottawa? What are we catching? Afinogenov? Dawes? Metropolit? Hodgson?

On the trade side, we paid a 4th for Brown, I’d hate to see what we pay for an actual NHL talent RFA.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

It's just a 4th. We have 7 1st to 2nd rd picks. Not a huge deal

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum