GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Call your shot on Ottawa's Trades (or lack of) up to POST DRAFT

+4
Ev
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 12]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What will the Sens do in terms of trades between now and the end of the draft?

Specific players please!

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'm throwing out some but more so for debate:

To Vancouver: 5th overall, Vitaly Abramov
To Ottawa: Brock Boeser, Loui Eriksson

To NJD: 5th overall, 28th overall
To OTT: 7th overall, 18th overall

To OTT: Christian Dvorak, Marian Hossa
To ARI: 2020 2nd rd pick, 2021 2nd rd pick

To OTT: Johnny Boychuk, Leo Komarov, Oliver Wahlstrom
To NYI: Artem Anisimov, Islanders 2020 2nd rd pick

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't really care enough to do the research. I guess we'll trade for a crumby old goalie with a year left on their contract who doesn't have a NTC.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'm throwing out some but more so for debate:

Debate, or you think it'll happen?

I HATE the Vancouver trade and would be quite pissed if we did that.

I love the Dvorak trade. Maybe we can acquire him and immediately trade him again actually.

I'm neither here nor there on the Islanders trade. My preference is no.

I actually quite like the Devils picks trade.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Would trade 5th overall for Boeser. Not close in value IMO

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:

I love the Dvorak trade.  Maybe we can acquire him and immediately trade him again actually.

I'm neither here nor there on the Islanders trade.  My preference is no.

- Van city trade isn't great but Sens get help reaching the floor and a high-end talent that is under contract control
- Devils trade works on a lot of levels. Chances are Anaheim takes a dman so if the debate is between Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, are one of those players are still there at 7, and you can maybe get Schneider or Jarvis at 18
- Dvorak is a good player, under a good contract, and is the right age for the rebuild. Also helps get to the cap floor and Arizona needs the cap space and needs picks. Likely didn't play together but there could be a relationship between Dvorak and Duclair? Maybe?
- NYI ultimately provides the Sens with a vet RHD for two years, a depth player who can go up and down the lineup, and someone who played with White, Brown, Tkachuk, etc growing up. Provides NYI with some cap room to sign Pulock, Toews, Barzal while still keeping Dobson who can slide into Boychuk's spot. Boychuk and Komarov have high cap hits and lower salaries.

NYI pick is the most likely IMO. Dorion views Lou as a mentor and I think the two teams have no problem helping one another out.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

I love the Dvorak trade.  Maybe we can acquire him and immediately trade him again actually.

I'm neither here nor there on the Islanders trade.  My preference is no.

- Van city trade isn't great but Sens get help reaching the floor and a high-end talent that is under contract control
- Devils trade works on a lot of levels. Chances are Anaheim takes a dman so if the debate is between Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, are one of those players are still there at 7, and you can maybe get Schneider or Jarvis at 18
- Dvorak is a good player, under a good contract, and is the right age for the rebuild. Also helps get to the cap floor and Arizona needs the cap space and needs picks. Likely didn't play together but there could be a relationship between Dvorak and Duclair? Maybe?
- NYI ultimately provides the Sens with a vet RHD for two years, a depth player who can go up and down the lineup, and someone who played with White, Brown, Tkachuk, etc growing up. Provides NYI with some cap room to sign Pulock, Toews, Barzal while still keeping Dobson who can slide into Boychuk's spot. Boychuk and Komarov have high cap hits and lower salaries.

NYI pick is the most likely IMO. Dorion views Lou as a mentor and I think the two teams have no problem helping one another out.

the only trade that could come out of this is the NJ one. but even then. does NJ want to pay such a hefty price to move up two spot? i think not.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Something with the Islanders seems possible, but both Boychuk and Komarov havs NTCs, so that ain't going to happen as written.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Something with the Islanders seems possible, but both Boychuk and Komarov havs NTCs, so that ain't going to happen as written.

it's a fair assumption but not every player has Ottawa on their no trade list. And if it means being bought out, buried, or an opportunity to resurrect a career, they may waive.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Something with the Islanders seems possible, but both Boychuk and Komarov havs NTCs, so that ain't going to happen as written.

it's a fair assumption but not every player has Ottawa on their no trade list. And if it means being bought out, buried, or an opportunity to resurrect a career, they may waive.

You had Dorion at resurrect a career. Sold.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

No clue what Dorion will do. He has proven before he definitely isn’t very good at this sort of thing. Arizona and their new management should be ripe for the picking for many reasons. TB should want help but don’t need them to win another trade over Dorion.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

if there was ever a time for the sens to fleece a few teams it is now. so much cap room and so many teams trying to unload players. more sellers than buyers. RFA's are gonna get walked out the door. when has that ever happened?

you might even see an Ottawa RFA not be resigned if they are paid or with a sweet trade by other teams to take on a better player under contracts. i'm looking at Tierney in particular.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

What is a Tierney? Or is that a who?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Has the boat sailed on Turris? Bad place for him to land, in the coach's doghouse. Or is he done...

Because i would guess Nashville would love to get out of that and might retain as much as 50 percent plus sweetener. Is he worth 3.2 or whatever to be a fill in for a few years?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I've always liked him but I dunno. His production fell off a cliff the second he got traded.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 12]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum