GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+5
wprager
Lagoon
Ev
Flo The Action
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67, 68  Next

Go down  Message [Page 66 of 68]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:@PTFlea, if you put someone in your "foes" list their lists are automatically hidden.  As far as I know that's the only feature similar to "mute".

Fantastic tip, thank you.

Doesn’t work on mobile

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Yeah this has been a really disappointing tournament for Jarventie. I hope he can bounce-back in the Liga and sort out his issues.

He’s better suited for his league play because although he plays against men, it is much less physical and much slower than the world Jrs are. In this small ice it is harder for him to avoid congestion.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:@PTFlea, if you put someone in your "foes" list their lists are automatically hidden.  As far as I know that's the only feature similar to "mute".

Not for you and I as admins I don't think.

I used to have Rooney in my foes list just for that.

Last edited by wprager on Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Peterka... Coffee!

I thought Ottawa would take him with the Greig pick then again with the Jarventie pick. He's so good. Imagine the two of them with Norris as a center or tkachuk on the opposite wing. Dare to dream

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Peterka... Coffee!

I thought Ottawa would take him with the Greig pick then again with the Jarventie pick. He's so good. Imagine the two of them with Norris as a center or tkachuk on the opposite wing. Dare to dream

Weird emoji - not what I was expecting

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Doesn’t work on mobile

Huh. I always use the desktop mode even on my phone.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Doesn’t work on mobile

Huh. I always use the desktop mode even on my phone.

Me too. Can admins do it, i don't think so. If so, ill happily do it

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Peterka... Coffee!

Couldn’t agree more.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Stutzle had himself a game too. He’s so good when he makes quick decisions like what we saw today and uses his teammates earlier in drives/ozone. His 1st goal was also an insane display of his talent, speed, skating and core.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I still think he has a lot to learn to be an effective NHLer but there's no denying his talent and his place as the #3 overall pick.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not since Karlsson and previously Spezza has a prospect been this exciting for us.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Can't argue that . I don't remember Spezza having this much hype

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I still think he has a lot to learn to be an effective NHLer but there's no denying his talent and his place as the #3 overall pick.

I still take Rossi, Raymond, Holtz and Lundell over him at 3 and nothing in their league play this year, Rossi excluded, has changed my mind, only solidified it. Stutzle is a star, they all will be, but the other 4 should have more impactful careers. We are years away.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Sweden Russia has been a treat so far. 2-2 after 2

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Can't argue that . I don't remember Spezza having this much hype

Yeah, Spezza was so long ago, it was a different time. It's nice to see Stuetzle be able to generate offense on his own...I imagine he'll only be even better with quality linemates.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I still think he has a lot to learn to be an effective NHLer but there's no denying his talent and his place as the #3 overall pick.

I still take Rossi, Raymond, Holtz and Lundell over him at 3 and nothing in their league play this year, Rossi excluded, has changed my mind, only solidified it. Stutzle is a star, they all will be, but the other 4 should have more impactful careers. We are years away.

Years away I agree but part of this is fan-base management. Can you imagine if Ottawa took Rossi 3rd overall and Detroit took Stutzle. There would be pandemonium. Stutzle was the right pick at the time and will continue to be the right pick going forward. The issue continues to be over the 5th overall pick which IMO was not used well. They should have taken another forward and they should have taken Peterka over Jarventie and arguably over Greig (don't know enough about him). We should have focused on a Luke Hughes or any of the 5 premier d-men available at next year's draft and focused on addressing our offense. I've made my opinion on this known for a long time and that won't change unless Sanderson is playing 25+ minutes a night on a Stanley cup winning team.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

Years away I agree but part of this is fan-base management. Can you imagine if Ottawa took Rossi 3rd overall and Detroit took Stutzle. There would be pandemonium. Stutzle was the right pick at the time and will continue to be the right pick going forward. The issue continues to be over the 5th overall pick which IMO was not used well. They should have taken another forward and they should have taken Peterka over Jarventie and arguably over Greig (don't know enough about him). We should have focused on a Luke Hughes or any of the 5 premier d-men available at next year's draft and focused on addressing our offense. I've made my opinion on this known for a long time and that won't change unless Sanderson is playing 25+ minutes a night on a Stanley cup winning team.

You should look at this if you haven’t already. The notion that this draft is all defense is incorrect and already started to be reflected in the premier rankings. I wouldn’t want the sens to focus on Luke Hughes unless they are picking at the bottom of the top 10. Sens could easily end up with Beniers, Guenther, Eklund or Johnson at the end of the year. Beniers looks like the kind of guy they love, great skill with great compete.

https://www.tsn.ca/blueliner-owen-power-tops-mckenzie-s-first-2021-draft-ranking-1.1561354

As for stutzle, don’t really have anything else to add. It’s pretty obvious what kind of player he is and why every NHL team had him top 3

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

As for stutzle, don’t really have anything else to add. It’s pretty obvious what kind of player he is and why every NHL team had him top 3

It is statements like this that just continue to breed hyperbole with every post.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 66 of 68]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67, 68  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum