GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+5
wprager
Lagoon
Ev
Flo The Action
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68  Next

Go down  Message [Page 67 of 68]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I still think he has a lot to learn to be an effective NHLer but there's no denying his talent and his place as the #3 overall pick.

I still take Rossi, Raymond, Holtz and Lundell over him at 3 and nothing in their league play this year, Rossi excluded, has changed my mind, only solidified it. Stutzle is a star, they all will be, but the other 4 should have more impactful careers. We are years away.

Years away I agree but part of this is fan-base management. Can you imagine if Ottawa took Rossi 3rd overall and Detroit took Stutzle. There would be pandemonium. Stutzle was the right pick at the time and will continue to be the right pick going forward. The issue continues to be over the 5th overall pick which IMO was not used well. They should have taken another forward and they should have taken Peterka over Jarventie and arguably over Greig (don't know enough about him). We should have focused on a Luke Hughes or any of the 5 premier d-men available at next year's draft and focused on addressing our offense. I've made my opinion on this known for a long time and that won't change unless Sanderson is playing 25+ minutes a night on a Stanley cup winning team.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I still think he has a lot to learn to be an effective NHLer but there's no denying his talent and his place as the #3 overall pick.

I still take Rossi, Raymond, Holtz and Lundell over him at 3 and nothing in their league play this year, Rossi excluded, has changed my mind, only solidified it. Stutzle is a star, they all will be, but the other 4 should have more impactful careers. We are years away.

Years away I agree but part of this is fan-base management. Can you imagine if Ottawa took Rossi 3rd overall and Detroit took Stutzle. There would be pandemonium. Stutzle was the right pick at the time and will continue to be the right pick going forward. The issue continues to be over the 5th overall pick which IMO was not used well. They should have taken another forward and they should have taken Peterka over Jarventie and arguably over Greig (don't know enough about him). We should have focused on a Luke Hughes or any of the 5 premier d-men available at next year's draft and focused on addressing our offense. I've made my opinion on this known for a long time and that won't change unless Sanderson is playing 25+ minutes a night on a Stanley cup winning team.

You should look at this if you haven’t already. The notion that this draft is all defense is incorrect and already started to be reflected in the premier rankings. I wouldn’t want the sens to focus on Luke Hughes unless they are picking at the bottom of the top 10. Sens could easily end up with Beniers, Guenther, Eklund or Johnson at the end of the year. Beniers looks like the kind of guy they love, great skill with great compete.

https://www.tsn.ca/blueliner-owen-power-tops-mckenzie-s-first-2021-draft-ranking-1.1561354

As for stutzle, don’t really have anything else to add. It’s pretty obvious what kind of player he is and why every NHL team had him top 3

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

As for stutzle, don’t really have anything else to add. It’s pretty obvious what kind of player he is and why every NHL team had him top 3

It is statements like this that just continue to breed hyperbole with every post.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Fantastic analysis on Stutzle by Ray Ferraro

https://ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/ottawa-senators/garrioch-theres-no-doubt-tim-stuetzle-will-be-ready-for-action-when-he-arrives-at-senators-camp/wcm/0a8e1cf9-6b03-437f-a5e6-706526edefac/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Jarventie officially demoted.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Jarventie. Haha. Nice effort.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Fantastic analysis on Stutzle by Ray Ferraro

https://ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/ottawa-senators/garrioch-theres-no-doubt-tim-stuetzle-will-be-ready-for-action-when-he-arrives-at-senators-camp/wcm/0a8e1cf9-6b03-437f-a5e6-706526edefac/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Thanks for posting that. So it sounds like he's locked in for the wing, assuming he plays with the big club. Always enjoy Ferraro's analysis, so for me this carries some weight.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Big Game Raymond came to play in a big game.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Very good first after a quiet tournament so far.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Very good first after a quiet tournament so far.

Quiet tournament but enough to be leading his team in points so far.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:Very good first after a quiet tournament so far.

Quiet tournament but enough to be leading his team in points so far.

IMO they have had a disappointing tournament as a team. Not just Raymond. But way better this game so far. And now Finland scores

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Awful last two periods from Sweden

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:

Thanks for posting that.  So it sounds like he's locked in for the wing, assuming he plays with the big club.  Always enjoy Ferraro's analysis, so for me this carries some weight.

This is the same Ferraro that likes Levi over Askarov right? Facepalm Laughing3

1004Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 67 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:03 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Awful last two periods from Sweden

Finland is just really good too. One-half of Tyler Kleven with the winner in the last minute. Dubas destroyed Dorion. That trade is just a remarkable embarrassment.

1005Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 67 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:18 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Canfield is so good. He’s added so much more to his game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Lagoon wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Thanks for posting that.  So it sounds like he's locked in for the wing, assuming he plays with the big club.  Always enjoy Ferraro's analysis, so for me this carries some weight.

This is the same Ferraro that likes Levi over Askarov right? Facepalm Laughing3

He's outplayed him by a fairly wide margin in this tournament. Are you sure that's not all Ferraro meant?

1007Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 67 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Drysdale and Byram lock up under pressure. Dung, come on.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Beniers is going to be a gem and is quickly playing his way to 1st overall.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 67 of 68]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum