GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+8
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
Ev
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 67]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:I want Lehner.  Who knows how well Nilsson has recovered from concussion.  Lehner could be offered a 3 year, 9 million and some stability for us and him.

Yeah, that’s cool and all except for Lehner will get multiple offers for around 6 million per year from teams not owned by Melnyk.

Last edited by Lagoon on Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wouldn't sign Lehner. Way too risky.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I don't really see him as a risk but I don't think we need him.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

As my signature verifies, I don’t see him as a risk either. I’d love to add him. But it ain’t happening.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

its not his fault, he has a disease. But I don't think anyone will sign him long term.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:its not his fault, he has a disease. But I don't think anyone will sign him long term.

My guess is he ends up in Carolina. Their goaltending stinks and they should have the cap space to sign him.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:its not his fault, he has a disease. But I don't think anyone will sign him long term.

Totally agree. And I'm so happy for him finally to seem to be on the right track.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

A 3 or 4 year deal is easily in the cards for Lehner.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Mental illness will be under LTIR relief in the next CBA in my opinion.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Did they just ratify a new CBA or is it more or less an extension of the current CBA?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It’s a new Cba with some different rules

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We probably need a thread to discuss what's different in the new CBA.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

It’s a new one now and I’m saying the next one in 4 years will probably cover mental illness as LTIR. Just a guess.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I want Lehner.  Who knows how well Nilsson has recovered from concussion.  Lehner could be offered a 3 year, 9 million and some stability for us and him.

Yeah, that’s cool and all except for Lehner will get multiple offers for around 6 million per year from teams not owned by Melnyk.

Holy crap, no I dont think so.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:It’s a new Cba with some different rules

I feel like that headline got buried under all the return to play stuff.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

His last contract was one year $5M. $6M is a hell of a lot now likely than 3x$3M. He's just 28, younger than Anderson was when he came to Ottawa, 3 years younger than Nilsson. Many goalies enter their best years in the mid-to-late 20s.

Last edited by wprager on Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

So let's have some fun.

A few guys need to be re-signed this off-season: Boro, Brown, Duclair, Tierney, Hawryluk, Balcers, Paul, Chlapik and Tkachuk is eligible for an extension. Hainsey may be looking for another one-year contract (or maybe a player dev role) and so might Anderson.

What should the Sens do this off-season? Who stays and who goes? At what term? And do the Sens go into their prospect pool to fill vacant positions noting that the Sens will be significantly under the cap?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:So let's have some fun.

A few guys need to be re-signed this off-season: Boro, Brown, Duclair, Tierney, Hawryluk, Balcers, Paul, Chlapik and Tkachuk is eligible for an extension. Hainsey may be looking for another one-year contract (or maybe a player dev role) and so might Anderson.

What should the Sens do this off-season? Who stays and who goes? At what term? And do the Sens go into their prospect pool to fill vacant positions noting that the Sens will be significantly under the cap?

I've mentioned this before - they won't be able to load up on the rookies because of the cap floor. They should have one of their 1st rounders in the lineup, plus Batherson and Norris/Formenton splitting time. So, basically, 3 "rookies" (Batherson is no longer technically a rookie).

So all this message that they will re-sign most of their free agents.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum