GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+8
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
Ev
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The only thing that hampered him was injuries last year. He can put it together, this is a big year for him though.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Also looking forward to seeing Brannstrom with more talent around him

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Let's just all agree that as long as dorion doesn't do something stupid and completely go off the board (which possible) we should be walking away with a #1 center and another top line player. I still have my preferences and think Drysdale won't make it past Detroit , but if we end up with him having a neidermeyer lite isn't the worst thing

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:Also looking forward to seeing Brannstrom with more talent around him

They need to put him on the right side (where apparently he's more comfortable) and put him with Boro . Let him loose and not worry as much about making mistakes. He needs the puck on his stick and needs to get his shots through to be successful

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Bridge deal or long extension for Tkachuk. I imagine player salaries won't really go up for another 3-5 years as the NHL and economy recover. I totally see Brady signing a bridge deal

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Bridge deal or long extension for Tkachuk.  I imagine player salaries won't really go up for another 3-5 years as the NHL and economy recover. I totally see Brady signing a bridge deal

I can see a bridge deal too, but I think Ottawa wants to try to get him on a similar contract to Chabot. He'll balk because we won't offer bonuses and we'll be at square one.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bobby Ryan in the final 3 for the Masterton.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Bridge deal or long extension for Tkachuk.  I imagine player salaries won't really go up for another 3-5 years as the NHL and economy recover. I totally see Brady signing a bridge deal

I can see a bridge deal too, but I think Ottawa wants to try to get him on a similar contract to Chabot.  He'll balk because we won't offer bonuses and we'll be at square one.

I'm not sure bonuses really make that much of a difference. Tkachuk is being surrounded by talent and people he's known his whole life. I doubt he's going anywhere anytime soon

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

something just occurred to me, and i'm not saying it's a good idea, but something to consider.

The blues are in cap hell if they are trying to resign Pietrangelo.

i'm wondering how we could help them, and in return help ourselves.

they do have some good players they could trade to make room for his cap hit but they have one they could really make do with and that's Jake Allen.
he's got a cap hit of 4.3 mil and would go a long long way to making room for them to being able to resign Alex.

some have said we should look toward signing Lehner which i have found makes little sense.

but, what if we could get their 1st round pick this year(+) in return for taking on Allen?

it's been noted that Allen has really turned a corner this year playing as the backup.
we'd have to send Hogburg(or maybe not) their way so they have a backup. I doubt Nilsson and his caphit would interest them. but maybe there's a bigger deal that could be made.

we could also roll with Allen and Nilsson for the year while quietly shopping either one of them if they're having a good year.

in a year when we should be taking on a bit a salary, i think Allen might be a valid option if assets can come back. Plus, if the Blues can re-sign Pietrangelo, it be fantastic to take any hope away from the leafs that they might be able to sign him.

food for thoughts.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:jake allen stuff

It's not a bad theory, but I don't understand how we're getting Jake Allen and their first rounder as some sort of throw-in for taking on a very capable goalie? He's only a $4M cap hit and there is one year left on it. He's good. They ain't gonna pay a team to take him.

I'm also not sold on the idea that Ottawa needs another goalie. Between Nilsson, Daccord, Gustavsson and Hogberg, we have plenty of capable goalies and it'd be nice to see them all get NHL starts next season to aid in their development.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Hogberg put up good numbers. He deserves at least a back up role this year. And if Nilsson has post concussion symptoms, I'd be happy with Gus and Daccord getting some games. No need to add a goalie

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:jake allen stuff

It's not a bad theory, but I don't understand how we're getting Jake Allen and their first rounder as some sort of throw-in for taking on a very capable goalie?  He's only a $4M cap hit and there is one year left on it.  He's good.  They ain't gonna pay a team to take him.

I'm also not sold on the idea that Ottawa needs another goalie.  Between Nilsson, Daccord, Gustavsson and Hogberg, we have plenty of capable goalies and it'd be nice to see them all get NHL starts next season to aid in their development.  

he's far from proven and way to expensive for a back up position. he's had short spurs of being good.
i think he's a risk and not sure he has positive value because of his cap hit and the way St-Louis is up against the cap. how many teams will have cap space and want a goalie? maybe buffalo could be that team.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Hogberg put up good numbers. He deserves at least a back up role this year. And if Nilsson has post concussion symptoms, I'd be happy with Gus and Daccord getting some games. No need to add a goalie

I agree that we don't need a goalie. it be more to add assets and who knows, we could deal another goalie before the next year is out.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I guess what I was saying is that St Louis isn't going to pay a team to take Jake Allen. Look at his stat lines.... I know he had some struggles, but the good outweighs the bad.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I want Lehner. Who knows how well Nilsson has recovered from concussion. Lehner could be offered a 3 year, 9 million and some stability for us and him.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:I want Lehner.  Who knows how well Nilsson has recovered from concussion.  Lehner could be offered a 3 year, 9 million and some stability for us and him.

Yeah, that’s cool and all except for Lehner will get multiple offers for around 6 million per year from teams not owned by Melnyk.

Last edited by Lagoon on Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wouldn't sign Lehner. Way too risky.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I don't really see him as a risk but I don't think we need him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum