GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+8
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
Ev
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

And the Habs lose their whipping boy when he was in the lineup. He’s a melt. Was going on waivers tomorrow too...but the Sens are at their roster limit so decided to trade for a waste of skin instead. He’s more lost than Ceci on the ice.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don’t mind the trade since he’s better than all the ahl guys. A 5th is nothing

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

meh.
This is a reclamation project.
I don’t know if this really does anything good for us.
I guess it’s a Dman that can play NHL.
I guess this opens the door to moving other Dmen outs when we come out of our injury woes.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

If he's better than goloubef I'm all for it. Chances are hainsey is gone and perhaps this opens the door for a Boro or de melo trade once wolanin is back. Worst case he's in the press box or helps down in Belleville.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Having watched our defense last night against Florida, it can't get any worse. Man, even Chabot Cussed up a couple times on two of the Florida goals. Brannstrom got knocked down easily on one of their goals...it was a mess out there. I felt really bad for Anderson.

So, whatever, sure, bring in another bad defenceman. At least it gives us an opportunity to spread the ice time out a bit. I imagine we'll be getting a few mid/late picks when we deal out a couple pending FAs later, so spending the 5th isn't the end of the world by any stretch.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2020/01/eugene-melnyks-ottawa-senators-are-for.html%3Fm%3D1&ved=2ahUKEwiWxJDcyOfmAhWEmuAKHc8LD24QFjAAegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw2bwx9Nh8xniqdoACS7nt27

Nobody else appears to be reporting it, so take that with a large grain of salt. But it's nice to dream, right?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2020/01/eugene-melnyks-ottawa-senators-are-for.html%3Fm%3D1&ved=2ahUKEwiWxJDcyOfmAhWEmuAKHc8LD24QFjAAegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw2bwx9Nh8xniqdoACS7nt27

Nobody else appears to be reporting it, so take that with a large grain of salt.  But it's nice to dream, right?

At least there's a quote from Chris Johnson in there - he's a semi-reputable source. I think everyone with at least half a brain has accepted the fact that he HAS to sell sooner or later...it was just a question of when. Hopefully the half-empty arena is accelerating the process. I also hope that when a new owner comes in, the building starts filling up again...I think it will. I will certainly start buying tickets again.

There's also rumours of his health not being great, which could play a factor in his willingness to spend energy owning/managing the team.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I could not find anything from Johnson directly. If he said it on air at SNet surely others have heard this? Why isn't anyone else reporting it?

On the other hand, if he didn't say that this outfit could face legal consequences.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I could not find anything from Johnson directly. If he said it on air at SNet surely others have heard this? Why isn't anyone else reporting it?

On the other hand, if he didn't say that this outfit could face legal consequences.

LOL. If you think anyone's going after the rinky-dink site you linked to, that just ain't happening.

Chris Johnson did say that he thinks the Sens are for sale...I think this all came out when the weird Robert Kraft daughter story was happening:
https://stories.featurd.io/2019/10/25/could-eugene-melnyk-sell-the-ottawa-senators/

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Fitting that Reilly is wearing #5.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
LOL.  If you think anyone's going after the rinky-dink site you linked to, that just ain't happening.  

Chris Johnson did say that he thinks the Sens are for sale...I think this all came out when the weird Robert Kraft daughter story was happening:
https://stories.featurd.io/2019/10/25/could-eugene-melnyk-sell-the-ottawa-senators/

Yes, I found that, but that's old non-news. This is recent.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yep, they are just recycling 3-months old interview with Johnson.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Batherson called up Duclair is out after a puck off the foot

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Huh...didn't think they'd call up Batherson. Cool.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

According to Ken Warren Demelo hoping to be back for Tuesday's game

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum