GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+7
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Ev
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 66 of 67]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

I say give buffalo another year of tending downwards and ottawa a year of trending upwards (hopefuly this happens next season) and we may be able to see Ottawa trade with Buffalo for Eichel. I think we have the pieces to do it (goalies, centers, and some D prospects at our disposal), just need to convince Eichel that it's the right spot for him and probably overpay so buffalo trades within the division. in that time though, super important to build up the trade value of the likes of Bransstrom, Hogberg, Gustavsson, Wolanin, Tierney, Logan Brown, Lajoie, amongst others

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Eichel can be traded this year or the next, before his NTC kicks in. That would be a massive course correction and I can only see it happening if ownership brings in another GM.

I can definitely see this happening but, more likely, in the last year before his NTC. And I'd be shocked if they moved him within the Division. But I've been shocked before.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Detroit certainly has some interesting pieces though. Zadina, Seider, Veleno, Rasmussen to name a few. Most importantly for them they have cap space again which hasn't been a liberty for them in quite some time. I count about $20M of space opening up for them on players aged 36 or older (plus Gagner).

And some interesting pieces like Mantha, Larkin, Bertuzzi, Fabbri, and a few others. I'd maybe even dare take them ahead of the Sabres if they can sort out their goaltending woes. Maybe they take a one-year flyer on Anderson or something to keep them competitive. Who knows.

One of the problems with buffalo is also goaltending.

They have some interesting pieces. I’d place buffalo above them.

On paper yes. But Detroit may surprise people a bit more next season.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Detroit certainly has some interesting pieces though. Zadina, Seider, Veleno, Rasmussen to name a few. Most importantly for them they have cap space again which hasn't been a liberty for them in quite some time. I count about $20M of space opening up for them on players aged 36 or older (plus Gagner).

And some interesting pieces like Mantha, Larkin, Bertuzzi, Fabbri, and a few others. I'd maybe even dare take them ahead of the Sabres if they can sort out their goaltending woes. Maybe they take a one-year flyer on Anderson or something to keep them competitive. Who knows.

I don't see it. They have a bottom tier prospect group and nothing special at the NHL level aside from a few guys.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensHulk wrote:I say give buffalo another year of tending downwards and ottawa a year of trending upwards (hopefuly this happens next season) and we may be able to see Ottawa trade with Buffalo for Eichel. I think we have the pieces to do it (goalies, centers, and some D prospects at our disposal), just need to convince Eichel that it's the right spot for him and probably overpay so buffalo trades within the division. in that time though, super important to build up the trade value of the likes of Bransstrom, Hogberg, Gustavsson, Wolanin, Tierney, Logan Brown, Lajoie, amongst others

I don't see Buffalo trading Eichel at all. he's a guy you build around. mind you they might not be able to do so but that means trading him down the road.

the only way i see buffalo doing this is if Eichel forces their hand and in return they will likely ask him to move his NTC down the road as i doubt that's not likely to happen in the next couple of years.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I don't see it. They have a bottom tier prospect group and nothing special at the NHL level aside from a few guys.

Ev, Buffalo has an easy Top 10 prospect pool in my opinion. And they already have young talent on their team. They will be good soon. Very soon. Eichel and Dahlin are superstars. Reinhart, Jokiharju, Ristolainen, Cozens, Mittelstadt, Olofsson, Luukkonen, Johnson, Pilut. None of these players are either in their prime or arrived yet. Sure, they’ve had some bad drafting, but when you have as many picks as they’ve had, they’ve hit enough to be ready to explode.

I disagree with you here.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

SensHulk wrote:I say give buffalo another year of tending downwards

Therefore I obviously disagree with this as well.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Buffalo keeps trading away important pieces (Lehner, O'Reilly). They've found a way to screw things up before she I don't think they've exhausted their bag of tricks.

On paper they should be a playoff team at the minimum. On the ice it's a different story.

Last edited by wprager on Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Skinner may be one of the worst contracts in the NHL right now

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Ev, Buffalo has an easy Top 10 prospect pool in my opinion. And they already have young talent on their team. They will be good soon. Very soon. Eichel and Dahlin are superstars. Reinhart, Jokiharju, Ristolainen, Cozens, Mittelstadt, Olofsson, Luukkonen, Johnson, Pilut. None of these players are either in their prime or arrived yet. Sure, they’ve had some bad drafting, but when you have as many picks as they’ve had, they’ve hit enough to be ready to explode.

I disagree with you here.

I was referring to Detroit Smile

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Well, that was a complete waste of time.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So apparently Pierre interviewed for the GM position in New Jersey (this isn't breaking news - Simmonds reported it nearly a month ago). I didn't realize that he was actually born in New Jersey (grew up in Montreal, though).

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:So apparently Pierre interviewed for the GM position in New Jersey (this isn't breaking news - Simmonds reported it nearly a month ago). I didn't realize that he was actually born in New Jersey (grew up in Montreal, though).
Pierre doesn’t seem to stick much whenever he’s mentioned. I don’t know that he has the right attitude to be a GM. Way too much ego.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Boston and Arizona with cases of corona amongst the org. I wonder if this could derail the efforts to get a return to the game.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Boston's player tested positive then got retested twice and came back negative

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Boston and Arizona with cases of corona amongst the org. I wonder if this could derail the efforts to get a return to the game.

This whole rush to resume playing could be a disaster.  What happens when the season/playoffs resume and a player tests positive?  The whole team gets DQ'd?  They hit the pause button while everyone gets tested?  Could be a debacle, especially considering that places in the States that have "reopened" are now seeing spikes in COVID cases again.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Boston and Arizona with cases of corona amongst the org. I wonder if this could derail the efforts to get a return to the game.

This whole rush to resume playing could be a disaster.  What happens when the season/playoffs resume and a player tests positive?  The whole team gets DQ'd?  They hit the pause button while everyone gets tested?  Could be a debacle, especially considering that places in the States that have "reopened" are now seeing spikes in COVID cases again.

If they were smart they'd just do this in Canada and stay away from Toronto and Montreal .

Even then Toronto seems to be getting themselves under control.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

...must...resist...talking...politics... Ahhhhh!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 66 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum