GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+7
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Ev
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Leafs - time to blow it up

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Deal Nylander plus one of their supposed top-5 for a real top pairing D-man when Marner is back.

But it's easier to fire the coach.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Babcock is so bad it's laughable

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Pirri placed on waivers and clears. A little surprised he didn't get picked up.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:Babcock is so bad it's laughable

Not a difficult fix in Toronto:

1. Fire Babcock. They have Keefe waiting in the wings.
2. Trade Nylander and Barrie to LA for Martinez and Toffoli
3. Trade Kapanen or Johnsson for Dubnyk

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Keefe is someone you hire if you are starting a re-build. If you've got a team that's supposed to compete for the Cup you'd better not have a rookie coach.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Babcock is so bad it's laughable

Not a difficult fix in Toronto:

1. Fire Babcock. They have Keefe waiting in the wings.
2. Trade Nylander and Barrie to LA for Martinez and Toffoli
3. Trade Kapanen or Johnsson for Dubnyk

At this point Toffoli’s value is pretty low. I don’t see why they should pay that much for Martinez. I’m sure LA loves that deal and moves Barrie for more though.
I think they should trade Nylander but I don’t think this is the solution. They only get worse in that deal.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Schneider on wavers.... how bout them apples!
Is he legitimately finished as a goalie? That surgery might have made him unable to compete at the same level.
Seems like he was a top 10 netminder not that long ago.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Anyone else think Toronto is screwed or is there a belief here that they can turn it around. 3 of 4 top-four d-men are UFAs at the end of the year - scratch that. They're all UFAs except for Reilly and Dermott (RFA). They don't have a backup goalie and have nothing in the system, they have zero depth and zero grit.

All the attention is on Babcock but Dubas should really be the one taking the blame.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Anyone else think Toronto is screwed or is there a belief here that they can turn it around. 3 of 4 top-four d-men are UFAs at the end of the year - scratch that. They're all UFAs except for Reilly and Dermott (RFA). They don't have a backup goalie and have nothing in the system, they have zero depth and zero grit.

All the attention is on Babcock but Dubas should really be the one taking the blame.

Both are terrible. Dubas should be shot to the moon and Babcock is a dinosaur who should and will be fired.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It was a mistake to trade away Kadri. Can't stand the little puke but they have nobody else who plays with an edge. Should have moved Nylander instead, would have gotten way more for him and cheated way more cap space.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:It was a mistake to trade away Kadri. Can't stand the little puke but they have nobody else who plays with an edge. Should have moved Nylander instead, would have gotten way more for him and cheated way more cap space.

Yupp. I have no patience for players that sit out. Entitled pieces of dung. I would have signed him and traded him the second I could. Now they're going to get pennies on the dollar for him when they're forced to move him.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Worst GM in the league. Got taken to the woodshed in the Matthews negotiations, lost the Kadri trade, Cussed up everything he touches.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Looks really good on that fool Shanahan too.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Shanahan tempted fate when he said they earned the Matthews pick the hard way. Karma was listening.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Shanahan tempted fate when he said they earned the Matthews pick the hard way. Karma was listening.

Well we better be careful for what we wish for. Their 1st this year is top-10 protected and they're the exact team that needs to draft Askarov. Last thing we need it Toronto having potentially elite goaltending at $900K for 2-3 years.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:Shanahan tempted fate when he said they earned the Matthews pick the hard way. Karma was listening.

Well we better be careful for what we wish for. Their 1st this year is top-10 protected and they're the exact team that needs to draft Askarov. Last thing we need it Toronto having potentially elite goaltending at $900K for 2-3 years.
Too little too late. That kid wouldn’t make an impact by the time matthews is in Arizona

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yep. Name the last goalie who made an impact in the league as a teenager.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum