GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+7
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Ev
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Dzingel, too.
Yeah I guess. Although did anyone really think he was going to make 5mill a season? I wonder what the deal the Sens offered was. He definitely didn’t get the max value he could. He still might though.hes young, only a 2 year. He could vanish also tough.
I think he’ll do well in Carolina though.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Speaking of 5 million, Werenski just re upped with the Jackets for a team friendly 5 mil.

That helps us with Chabot.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Speaking of 5 million, Werenski just re upped with the Jackets for a team friendly 5 mil.

That helps us with Chabot.

That's pretty good. There was also Sam Girard but Chabot is obviously much better. Now we wait to see what Provorov gets.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Forgot mcavoy too

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Forgot mcavoy too

I have a feeling that Chabot’s agent is waiting for what McAvoy is gonna net before agreeing to anything. Chabot has time on his side. Bruins have a few weeks to get it done.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Justin Faulk traded to Anaheim. Carolina is active. Love them Jerks.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Justin Faulk traded to Anaheim. Carolina is active. Love them Jerks.
I don’t see it anywhere

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I see them saying they're working on it

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:I see them saying they're working on it

I think it is done because a Hurricanes player not involved already knows.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Apparently Faulk wants a contract extension with Anaheim before approving the trade.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Don’t blame him. Especially since he’s being nice enough to change his no-trade clause to even go to Anaheim.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

who wouldn't want to go to Anaheim lol

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Matthews contract is so bad lol. 5 years right after coming off his ELC leading him straight to UFA. But he got a discount, right? Diddle no. 11.6 million or whatever. You can bet your bottom dollar the Leafs will avoid handing out stupid 5 year contracts like that like the plague.

Gee...I wonder how many years Marner wants... Ahhhhh!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Apparently Marner wants long term (7 or 8 years), but the Leafs want to go for 3??

Interesting.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Apparently Marner wants long term (7 or 8 years), but the Leafs want to go for 3??  

Interesting.

With a 4th year being a QO year of 12 million that would apparently take him to UFA, which I don't fully get, I thought he'd need a 5th year to get to UFA.

Basically you can forget about anything that takes him to UFA, not gonna happen unless he's offer sheeted and for once, I get Toronto's stance. They already messed up with Matthews who will undoubtedly test the market and sign elsewhere in 5 years, they can't afford both of their star forwards leaving in succession.

In fact, I would never sign a player to a term coming out of ELC where he'd be a UFA, screw that. Throw us a Cussing bone here. We want first shot at signing you long term, it's not gonna happen that you get to up and got after your 'bridge' contract.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I think Toronto is set up for a tumultuous year where everything can and will go wrong.

Out: Kadri, Marleau, Ennis, Brown, Gardiner, Hainsey, Zaitsev, Rosen (top D prospect)
In: Spezza, Kerfoot, Ceci, Harpur, Barrie

They're worse than last year and an injury away to a top player.

I think Boston is Boston, Tampa is Tampa, and Montreal/Florida have improved. Toronto will be in tough.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I think Toronto is set up for a tumultuous year where everything can and will go wrong.

Out: Kadri, Marleau, Ennis, Brown, Gardiner, Hainsey, Zaitsev, Rosen (top D prospect)
In: Spezza, Kerfoot, Ceci, Harpur, Barrie

They're worse than last year and an injury away to a top player.

I think Boston is Boston, Tampa is Tampa, and Montreal/Florida have improved. Toronto will be in tough.

Yes but their top players might take a couple steps forward and improve also.
It’s tough to tell how good or bad they will be.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I tend to agree. They were pretty healthy for long stretches last year, they better hope they have the depth to overcome any key injuries.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum