GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
Lagoon
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 63 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 60 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

by 3 best I meant next 3 after Brannstrom lol

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Lassi likes to shoot the puck. He reminds me lot of Dougie Hamilton that way. Big differences between them are Hamilton hits more, but Lassi has the harder shot. That’s about it.

I knew nothing about him before the draft but have been impressed when I have seen him since. Great shot and can move well, is skating all over the ice.

Everytime I watch him, he seems to be behind the opposition net more than he is on the offensive blueline. Ahhhhh!

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Only 2 of our D at the camp are actually ours. The rest are tryouts (well except if you consider mike’s Gendron ours or not).
That’s a little weak. I still believe that we should be drafting some more D next year with our second rounders.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:Only 2 of our D at the camp are actually ours. The rest are tryouts (well except if you consider mike’s Gendron ours or not).
That’s a little weak. I still believe that we should be drafting some more D next year with our second rounders.

Jbd, tychonik and Lassi aren't there. Keep that in mind

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Only 2 of our D at the camp are actually ours. The rest are tryouts (well except if you consider mike’s Gendron ours or not).

Yup that’s two sure fire nhlers basically

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I can never cheer when someone gets laid off. Gone through it enough times to never wish it on someone else.

That said, Kypreos just wasn't very good at TV. Those concussions really did a job on him. He can't say a complete sentences without stopping several times. He's got connections so he would very likely be quite good in print media.

But isn't Milbury still there? I'd take Kyper over shoe boy any day.

Last edited by wprager on Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:10 pm; edited 2 times in total

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:

Sure but without knowing how good they will be as Pros I think it’s still a good strategy to draft a couple more in the second round. I’m still unconvinced about our ability to keep the players we have.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I can never cheer when someone gets laid off. Gone through it enough time to never rush or on someone else.

That said, Kypreos just wasn't very good at TV. Those concussions really did a job on him. He can't say a complete sentences without stopping several times. He's got connections so he would very likely be quite good in print media.

But I'd Milbury still there? If take Kyper over shoe boy any day.

John Shannon now also shown the door. What is going on over at sportsnet?

Seems like there were rumours earlier this summer that Cherry was getting booted but those turn out to be false.

If this was politics you’d think there was a failed putsch and heads were rolling.
You gotta think that something happened. Or at the very least they aren’t getting the ratings that TSN used to get in their position and they want to reposition themselves.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

Sure but without knowing how good they will be as Pros I think it’s still a good strategy to draft a couple more in the second round. I’m still unconvinced about our ability to keep the players we have.

RFAs ain’t going anywhere

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

RFAs ain’t going anywhere

I agree that they should be drafting more d-men but if you can lock up CHabot, Brannstrom, Wolanin, JBD, and Lassi you don't really need to look for a top-end guy. Those are 5 potential stud d-men + Lajoie, Tychonik, Jaros as depth pieces. I agree they should be drafting more d-men but I am not sure I'd spend another 1st rd pick on it. Or even a 2nd rd pick. Bottom pairing guys are a dime a dozen

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:I can never cheer when someone gets laid off. Gone through it enough time to never rush or on someone else.

But I'd Milbury still there? If take Kyper over shoe boy any day.

John Shannon now also shown the door. What is going on over at sportsnet?

Seems like there were rumours earlier this summer that Cherry was getting booted but those turn out to be false.

If this was politics you’d think there was a failed putsch and heads were rolling.
You gotta think that something happened. Or at the very least they aren’t getting the ratings that TSN used to get in their position and they want to reposition themselves.

Kypreos seems like a nice enough guy, but man, he is definitely not for TV, where you do quick hits and have like 30 seconds to explain something. He'd be better on something like a podcast, where you get a couple hours to make your points.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Or you're Don Cherry and you can substitute "shut up dummy" and "atta boy, what a beauty" and thumb up for meaningful analysis.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Or you're Don Cherry and you can substitute "shut up dummy" and "atta boy, what a beauty" and thumb up for meaningful analysis.
I heard all the cannings were coat cutting measures. I find it hard to believe. But I wonder how much salary that dinosaur actually ate away that could have gone to saving one or all those jobs.

I wonder what this season’s sportsnet will look like.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Grapes is only on 4 minutes per week. He doesn't make a lot from Rogers.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Grapes is only on 4 minutes per week. He doesn't make a lot from Rogers.

He would make a lot from Budweiser as well

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Drunk Don Cherry?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

But Rogers doesn't pay that.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Apparently Batherson grew an inch and added 13 lbs. 6'3" and 206lbs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 60 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 63 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum