GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
Lagoon
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 49 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 31 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:They need to get something done this summer. But given all these holdouts, Chabot will get paid handsomely. My guess is a 5 x $6M and he cashes big on his next contract.

Cashes big or chases out...
I could see him asking for a contract that either takes him to UFA or his final year of RFA.
I think his price tag is 6m and up.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Duchene: -325 to sign with Avs
Panarin: -115 to Panthers
Pavelski: -180 to Sharks
Lee: +105 to Isles, +115 to Chicago
Bobrovsky: -280 to Panthers
Simmonds: +160 to Wild

Not sure why the Duchene odds favour the Avs over Preds.

I feel like Panarin is easy money

Panarin is the hardest for me to predict. I feel like Florida, New York and Colorado are the front runner. We will see.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:The Avs and Duchene again?  I doubt that...

Not. A. Chance.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I watched the scrimmage last night. Lassi looked really good at times. Pinto was invisible. Brown, batherson , balcers and abramov ahead of everyone else. Formenton and brannstrom were quiet. Sogaard look good as well. As did daccord and Gustavsson

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Pinto displayed some nice qualities for a first year guy. Gonna take at least two years in college like Norris

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Pinto displayed some nice qualities for a first year guy. Gonna take at least two years in college like Norris

Agreed. He's more of a project than Lassi and Sogaard. But Lassi had some really nice moves and positionally played very well. He is going to be an NHLer for sure. I'm excited to see these guys in the world juniors. And am looking forward to seeing Norris who could not play because of his shoulder injury. In a perfect world the Sens tank and Belleville goes on a long run.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:Pinto displayed some nice qualities for a first year guy. Gonna take at least two years in college like Norris

Agreed. He's more of a project than Lassi and Sogaard. But Lassi had some really nice moves and positionally played very well. He is going to be an NHLer for sure. I'm excited to see these guys in the world juniors. And am looking forward to seeing Norris who could not play because of his shoulder injury. In a perfect world the Sens tank and Belleville goes on a long run.

That’s the likely scenario.
I’ll be interested to see who makes the Ottawa roster by the end of the year. I imagine they’ll be sent down to Belleville for the playoffs

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Didn't see if any had already posted but Chris Kelly decides to leave his roll as player development with sens to be with his family. And the sens bring in Jesse Winchester on a full time basis in player development and Clarke MacArthur on a part time basis

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sad to see Kelly go but nice replacements there.

Everything seems to be gearing towards Sens trading for Clarkson IMO

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

As long as an asset comes with Clarkson. A pick, or Gusev, or Hague.

Glass is probably off the table now because Vegas has already successfully dumped Haula and Miller. McNabb is probably safe too.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:As long as an asset comes with Clarkson. A pick, or Gusev, or Hague.

Glass is probably off the table now because Vegas has already successfully dumped Haula and Miller. McNabb is probably safe too.
It would never take Glass to make that deal. They’d sooner trade a 1st in two years than glass. He’s a legit 1stliner prospect that’s almost in the nhl.
He ain’t getting traded fora salary dump of one year.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:As long as an asset comes with Clarkson. A pick, or Gusev, or Hague.

It would never take Glass to make that deal. They’d sooner trade a 1st in two years than glass. He’s a legit 1stliner prospect that’s almost in the nhl.
He ain’t getting traded fora salary dump of one year.

Glass is a bluechipper. They wouldn't even have traded him for Stone, let alone a salary dump. Totally agree here.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, they never would have traded glass or Hague. Like...no chance.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I agree now. I think if Vegas wasn’t already helped by two teams and Vegas was still desperate and way over the cap, it was plausible.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:I agree now. I think if Vegas wasn’t already helped by two teams and Vegas was still desperate and way over the cap, it was plausible.

Yupp. The dream is over. Somehow Dorion is going to get swindled on a Clarkson trade. He'll probably give up a 2nd or something for him straight up. Just kidding. But not really

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I did not hear this myself but apparently on 1200 Brannstrom said he preferred playing on the right. Interesting development. No one is talking about Lajoie anymore either.

As I see it the Sens have: Chabot, Ceci, De Melo, Jaros, Wolanin, Lajoie, Boro, Brannstrom, Harpur and potentially Alsing and Ebert all vying for jobs in Ottawa, with 9 of them having realistic chances. At one point does Ottawa trade Harpur, Ceci, Lajoie etc

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I feel a trade or some sort of movement is coming this week with obviously no notable UFA signings. There are just too many assets both offensively and defensively that need to find homes this coming season.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lajoie might come back after it was revealed he was playing injured and had surgery. I wasn't impressed at all with him, save for a few games to start the year. Extremely redundant dman in our system.

Good for depth I guess

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 31 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 49 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum