GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
Lagoon
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, I'd rather not get a filler d-man in Myers and spend more or trade for a quality player.  I'm done with mediocre guys...we have a bunch of those already.

Good point but nothing is free. Draft day could be exciting, but my guess is they stay the course this year to secure a top-five pick next year, and use SJ's pick plus a combination of their other players/prospects to add someone. 2020-21 roster could be totally different. But again, need to hit the cap floor so they will need to sign or acquire some big names.

Tkachuk-Lafreniere-White
XXXX-Brown-Batherson
Formenton-Norris-XXXXX
XXXXX-Chlapik-Ryan

Chabot-De Melo
Wolanin-XXXXX
Brannstrom-XXXXX

Hogberg
Gustavsson

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I mean, we might as well stink it up next year as well for a high first rounder.

Also, we still need to add around $16M in salary to reach the floor. Shouldn't be too hard given that we need to sign about 7 forwards and 2 or 3 D.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sens sign Nillson for two years. I'm surprised but that's a fair contract.

I wonder if Anderson moves now?

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Sens sign Nillson for two years. I'm surprised but that's a fair contract.

2 years average of 2.6 a year. I was thinking either Anderson or a Condon buyout

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
Ev wrote:Sens sign Nillson for two years. I'm surprised but that's a fair contract.

2 years average of 2.6 a year. I was thinking either Anderson or a Condon buyout

Anderson trade, prospect trade or loan, some different scenarios could be at play

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Interesting. I wonder if Hogberg goes to Sweden now, or does he stay in Belleville.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think Hogberg sticks around, and they buy out Condon. I imagine Anderson will ride out his last year here, and they'll probably hope to trade him at some point, but his value isn't very high right now.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, this is a bit much for a back up. But this definitely opens the door for Andy to be traded any time between now and the deadline. The timeline makes sense they could now take their time with Gustavsson and god knows what the plan is with Condon

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Yeah, this is a bit much for a back up. But this definitely opens the door for Andy to be traded any time between now and the deadline. The timeline makes sense they could now take their time with Gustavsson and god knows what the plan is with Condon

Nilsson was already making $2.5 million, it's not much.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:

Anderson trade, prospect trade or loan, some different scenarios could be at play

NHL: Anderson, Nilsson
AHL: Condon, Hogberg
ECHL: Gustavsson, D'Accord

Two of these guys need to move for any of this to make sense. My money is on Condon and Anderson.

NHL: Nilsson, Hogberg
AHL: Gustavsson, D'Accord
ECHL: Mandolese?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:

NHL: Anderson, Nilsson
AHL: Condon, Hogberg
ECHL: Gustavsson, D'Accord

Two of these guys need to move for any of this to make sense. My money is on Condon and Anderson.

NHL: Nilsson, Hogberg
AHL: Gustavsson, D'Accord
ECHL: Mandolese?

Did Crawford in Chicago ever come off the IR last season?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Yes. He played, got hurt again and then came back and had and amazing March for his fantasy owners.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:Yes. He played, got hurt again and then came back and had and amazing March for his fantasy owners.

Too bad. They could have been a good landing spot for Anderson. Calgary would be a good one too I suppose. But maybe they entertain this at the deadline. The Sens need to hit the cap floor.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I would bet on Anderson not being traded tbh

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I think this could be the first year since 2014 that you have thought Anderson wouldn’t be traded the next season. StickmanDancing

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:I think this could be the first year since 2014 that you have thought Anderson wouldn’t be traded the next season. StickmanDancing

lol probably. I think a trade deadline deal would make more sense or a buyout this summer.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Is anyone else concerned that the Sens won’t do what I consider as smart rebuild strategy and take on other teams bad contracts for extra pieces?

Give me cap dumps like Eriksson, Bonino, Ladd and Dubinsky and add in a nice pick and prospect. Thanks. I think Bonino is the only one of those 4 without some sort of NTC though.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Is anyone else concerned that the Sens won’t do what I consider as smart rebuild strategy and take on other teams bad contracts for extra pieces?

Give me cap dumps like Eriksson, Bonino, Ladd and Dubinsky and add in a nice pick and prospect. Thanks. I think Bonino is the only one of those 4 without some sort of NTC though.

the problem is if they reach the floor with their own players then I can't see them doing that. It would be beneficial and guys like Eriksson and Ladd can't help lead.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum