GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Guy Smiley

+3
PTFlea
Ev
Cap'n Clutch
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 9]

31Guy Smiley - Page 3 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:25 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Hey, another question. There are some SmartCar EVs in the same ballpark.  Their range is pitiful but it's fine for my commute (and we have charging stations at work). Would you recommend buying a used EV or is that asking for trouble? What's the life expectancy on these batteries?

I wouldn't recommend a used one because the battery steadily loses it's ability to come to a full charge and after a few years you're at about 80 to 85% depending on how often they charged the battery.

If you do get a used get a year old with low kms so you don't pay the depreciation but you also know the battery is in decent shape. Batteries usually come with an 8 to 10 year warranty too so wouldn't worry too much.

32Guy Smiley - Page 3 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:50 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Another one. 2010 Mazda 3, standard with 178k. Excellent condition, new front brakes and rear shocks, oil sprayed, show tires on rims -- $4800.

33Guy Smiley - Page 3 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:57 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hey, how much is my 2005 Toyota Matrix worth?  It has 298,000km.  Oh, the rear wiper arm broke and fell off the other day when I closed the hatch.  Purrs like a kitten though!

Laughing3

34Guy Smiley - Page 3 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:35 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Hey, how much is my 2005 Toyota Matrix worth?  It has 298,000km.  Oh, the rear wiper arm broke and fell off the other day when I closed the hatch.  Purrs like a kitten though!

Laughing3

I'll give you $500 towards anything on our lot! Cheers

- Unknown Author

35Guy Smiley - Page 3 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:38 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Another one. 2010 Mazda 3, standard with 178k. Excellent condition, new front brakes and rear shocks, oil sprayed, show tires on rims -- $4800.

https://wwwa.autotrader.ca/ico/mazda/mazda3/ottawa/ontario/5_44429649_on20071022103102842/?showcpo=ShowCpo&ncse=no&ursrc=pl&urp=5&urm=5&pc=K2T%200K8&sprx=-2

- Unknown Author

36Guy Smiley - Page 3 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:08 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Hey, how much is my 2005 Toyota Matrix worth?  It has 298,000km.  Oh, the rear wiper arm broke and fell off the other day when I closed the hatch.  Purrs like a kitten though!

Laughing3

I'll give you $500 towards anything on our lot! Cheers

Sweet!

37Guy Smiley - Page 3 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:59 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Is there still a cool off period? What if you trade in your POS for that "$500 off anything on our lot", but then bring it back before the cool of period expires. If the dealer has already sent it to the junk yard they can't give it back, so does the buyer who up keeping the $500?

38Guy Smiley - Page 3 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:49 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Is there still a cool off period? What if you trade in your POS for that "$500 off anything on our lot", but then bring it back before the cool of period expires.  If the dealer has already sent it to the junk yard they can't give it back, so does the buyer who up keeping the $500?

No cool off period. There is a 30 day exchange privilege on certified pre-owned though.

- Unknown Author

39Guy Smiley - Page 3 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:59 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Can anyone explain how the feds think it's ok to charge HST multiple times on the same product? It makes absolutely no sense! Not only that but they also charger the blue book value, don't they?

Effing crooks.

40Guy Smiley - Page 3 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:01 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I find the car business slimey from start to finish

41Guy Smiley - Page 3 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:32 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Can anyone explain how the feds think it's ok to charge HST multiple times on the same product? It makes absolutely no sense! Not only that but they also charger the blue book value, don't they?

Effing crooks.

They only charge the tax on the purchase price unless you have a trade in then they only charge tax on the difference.

- Unknown Author

42Guy Smiley - Page 3 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:33 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think your thinking about gifting a vehicle to someone. They charge blue book tax on it I thin.

- Unknown Author

43Guy Smiley - Page 3 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:42 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not even gifting. But if you sell for less than BB they will charge HST on the higher amount.

My main point was they already charged HST when the car was new. Charging again should be illegal.

44Guy Smiley - Page 3 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:11 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Not even gifting. But if you sell for less than BB they will charge HST on the higher amount.

My main point was they already charged HST when the car was new. Charging again should be illegal.

Gotcha. I do agree that taxes shouldn't be charged multiple times but if they don't get you there they'll get you somewhere else I'm sure.

I only have to worry about GST out here Razz

- Unknown Author

45Guy Smiley - Page 3 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:12 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

More to the point. Did you find and buy a vehicle yet? How goes the shopping?

- Unknown Author

46Guy Smiley - Page 3 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:51 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well my car keeps starting. Sometime takes a couple tries. I figure with an 11 km commute if it starts taking 2-3 cranks each time I probably don't want to wait till winter. But on the other hand it usually starts on the first crank on colder days, so who knows.

47Guy Smiley - Page 3 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:44 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Well my car keeps starting. Sometime takes a couple tries. I figure with an 11 km commute if it starts taking 2-3 cranks each time I probably don't want to wait till winter. But on the other hand it usually starts on the first crank on colder days, so who knows.

Drive it into the ground then I say. Just don't put any money into it in repairs.

- Unknown Author

48Guy Smiley - Page 3 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:45 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

My best suggestion is find a friend who's a Car Sales Manager and get them to find you a really nice car at wholesale. It'll save you a couple grand depending on what you get.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum