GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Guy Smiley

+3
PTFlea
Ev
Cap'n Clutch
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

106Guy Smiley - Page 8 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:07 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I just read today that Nissan will be bringing out a compact SUV EV in late 2020. It should have Tesla long range (300 mi) but probably not Tesla's price.

DWC, what's your hesitation about getting a hybrid? Is it the transmission when it switched between modes? A diesel can have very similar fuel economy without the weird shifting (to be fair, I know very little about this and none of it first hand; some deal with it better than others).

107Guy Smiley - Page 8 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:18 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:The old plate is all peeled off and I want a new one anyway.  Would prefer not to have to do any extra paperwork to transfer or get tested or whatever they do when you get rid of your car before the sticker expires.

I very much plan on driving it off I was seriously thinking of buying it. The look on my wife's face told me it wasn't worth trying to change her mind.

I've got another Optima hybrid on Ottawa. It's $900 more than the one in Brockville but he said he would throw in winter tires and rims at that price.

And this one has leather, don't think the pioneer in Brockville did.

Clutch, between a 2013 Optima Hybrid and 2011 Jetta TDI, which is more reliable? I've seen diesels with over 300k, but then I've also seen hybrids with that much.  Hybrid is a little better on gas than the TDI, and you don't need to worry about a gas station not having diesel. Plus isn't gas actually cheaper than diesel now?

Hard to really answer that question. All depends how well each vehicle was maintained and the type of miles they put on and how they drove it. It's less about the vehicle and more about the maintenance. As for diesels they generally last a lot longer than gasoline vehicles. The difference in fuel prices isn't as great when you see how many more kms you get from a diesel.

108Guy Smiley - Page 8 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:07 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

If that Jetta wasn't brown if be driving it right now.

The Optima is a nice looking car. I can't lie. And there are more options on the newer one, such as panoramic sunroof, heated *and* cooled seats, backup camera, navigation system.

But I still keep thinking this is just a re-badged Hyundai. I'm concerned about the reliability.

Hybrids should last longer because the gas engine is used less, especially in start-stop traffic or getting it from 0 to 40. But Kia simply dies not have the track record of a Prius.

109Guy Smiley - Page 8 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:13 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I just read today that Nissan will be bringing out a compact SUV EV in late 2020. It should have Tesla long range (300 mi) but probably not Tesla's price.

DWC, what's your hesitation about getting a hybrid? Is it the transmission when it switched between modes? A diesel can have very similar fuel economy without the weird shifting (to be fair, I know very little about this and none of it first hand; some deal with it better than others).

No real hesitation. Just waiting for the technology to be less expensive

110Guy Smiley - Page 8 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:57 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm looking at several PHEVs at under $15K. Ford, and all in Montreal or near there (like St. Jerome). A plugin hybrid will hey you enough hit a short EV commute (around 30km in the spring or fall so you don't run either the AC or heat).

I'm looking right now at a couple hybrids (Optima, Sonata) where I can get leather and everything in a full size, under $12K.

And if you are mostly driving highest then a diesel may be even better. Jetta Highline TDI will get you 4.7l/100km and you can have one with leather and everything for $10.9K. if you don't mind brown.

111Guy Smiley - Page 8 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:06 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

My 2014 Volt could get me to Tunney's Pasture from Carp and back in the summer and could get me there in the winter with a tiny bit to spare.

- Unknown Author

112Guy Smiley - Page 8 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:12 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I've decided on the Optima. Diesel is 10 cents per litre more than gas and EPA.gov had the hybrids ahead of the the diesel Jetta for both city and highway. The Optima is 2013 with a bit more miles on it than the 2012 Sonata, but it was definitely cleaner. The guy who designed it came over from Audi and did a good job. Certainly nicer looking car than the Jetta.

113Guy Smiley - Page 8 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:40 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Brought it home today!

114Guy Smiley - Page 8 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:28 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

August, September and now October have all been good months! Hopefully I can keep things going in November.

- Unknown Author

115Guy Smiley - Page 8 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:53 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

6 sold so far and it's gonna be one of my best months in terms of commission. That's 4 straight months in the good.

- Unknown Author

116Guy Smiley - Page 8 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:55 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Make it 5 straight months in the good! December was a good month too. Sold a Brand New Demo 2019 2500HD and a Brand New 2019 GMC Terrain this past Saturday. One is being delivered today and the other Friday.

- Unknown Author

117Guy Smiley - Page 8 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:47 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Do you ring a bell when you make a sale?

118Guy Smiley - Page 8 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:49 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No but I do like to blast Boom Boom Pow by the Black Eyed Peas on the drive home after a sale

- Unknown Author

119Guy Smiley - Page 8 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:48 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I got a feeling ...

120Guy Smiley - Page 8 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:20 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Making a major push into social media to see if I can drive, pun intended, clients to my office and, help people looking, get into a vehicle they like at a price they can afford.

If you're looking to make a purchase then give me a shot to give you a quality experience!

Of course this only really applies if you're in or around the southern Alberta area.

Follow me on
Instagram - quality_experience_smp
Facebook group - Vehicle Solutions
LinkedIn - Paul "Quality Experience" van der Voort

- Unknown Author

121Guy Smiley - Page 8 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:04 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Look at that digital influencer!

122Guy Smiley - Page 8 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:29 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Look at that digital influencer!

I’d be more than happy if I could just convince one influencer to buy a vehicle from me and post about it.

- Unknown Author

123Guy Smiley - Page 8 Empty Re: Guy Smiley Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:52 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Making a major push into social media to see if I can drive, pun intended, clients to my office and, help people looking, get into a vehicle they like at a price they can afford.

If you're looking to make a purchase then give me a shot to give you a quality experience!  

Of course this only really applies if you're in or around the southern Alberta area.  

Follow me on
Instagram - quality_experience_smp
Facebook group - Vehicle Solutions
LinkedIn - Paul "Quality Experience" van der Voort

You need a Twitter account too!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum