GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT#22: Senators @ Wild: 8:00 PM, Nov 21

+2
PTFlea
tim1_2
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Guess I'm not watching there game tonight. It's on SNet360 and that's not party of my package. First time I've seen a game (other than preseason) not on my dial. Bell sucks!

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lol I just added it, it’s $4 per month.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I won't do it on principle.

And because I'm cheap.

And because there are plenty of streams on Reddit.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's not the defencemen necessarily, it's the defensive structure that's so sloppy. Coaching needs to firm that up asap. A lot of this zone time domination is 5 on 5, I mean, come on.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Offense still rolling along at least

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Pyatt finally had a point. Can we sit him down now? This is Boucher's greatest flaw - his extreme loyalty to people despite their inability to perform. Looking at forwards with 20 or more games there are 4 with a single point. 2 of them are on the Sens, another is Nate Thompson (another Boucher favorite) and the last one is Melker Karlsson, who suffered a concussion early and missed time in camp (probably came back too soon). And until last night Pay was the only one without a point.

And what other team would still have a coach who moved from running the worst powerplay (anchored by Karlsson and Hoffman, no less) to running the worst penalty kill?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I hate to say it, but how does Raymond have a job? Those players were right, he's garbage.

And, it's time to work on 5 on 5 defence as well. Not just defencemen, but the whole 5 man unit. Where are you supposed to be, who are you covering, what's the plan when you win the puck along the boards.

Last night, you can point to the exact moment the Sens lost the game. One of my favourite players, Duchene, gets the puck after a long and exhausting shift where the Wild had pinned us in, he looks for options and sees none, so he attempts to fire it down to the neutral zone/Wild zone, but he torques it and there was never a second of doubt that it was going to be icing. I was sitting there thinking, that's a very, very, very dangerous move after you've grabbed the game back and the opposing coach has just flat out embarrassed his starting goaltender - and by relation his entire team. But to make matters worse, you have one of the best faceoff guys in the world out there - so is Duchene, but that becomes moot when the other guy is as good or better.

This is not great, I thought. And then Lajoie decided - I believe it was him - that it would nice to chase the guy behind the net and leave coverage open in front of the net. If it wasn't Lajoie that time, he did it previously anyway.

I mean...a lot of this is coaching and having the players know exactly where to be and what to do, but it also falls on the players being really young. That was a tough way to lose the game though after coming back...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Full disclosure: I only watched most of the 1st on a steam on my phone. Less than ideal. I did not see the comeback. I didn't have to look at the stats to goes that Anderson had about one of those patented "He played well enough to keep his team in" games, but somehow through it all ended up with a SV% below .900. do I blame they loss on of course not. But you expect your #1 to win you half of those games - the ones where they get out played a little bit still put up great offensive numbers. I don't think we're getting this from Anderson this season.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

His career SV% is .914. Of 33 shots on goal that stops 30, showing 3. We win 4-3.

Previous game they gave up 32 shots. .914 stops 30, Andy doesn't get pulled and we win 5-2.

Are we giving up too many shots? Yes. Most of them, though, are not of the toughest variety. When it was 3-0 after 1 period last night someone posted the advanced stats including "expected" goals (I believe this takes into account shot quality) and the Panthers were just a little over 1 while we were just a little under.

Not sure why we are always in awe of :Mtx: when he steals a point or a win. That is what is expected of a starter on the NHL.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He's playing well considering, but he's not stealing anything right now. It would be superhuman to expect that though, the team is giving up ridiculous chances.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That's not really true. He's mostly making the saves he should be making. He's just making a lot of them. But he's not making ridiculous saves like Price, Rinne et al are making oh a regular basis.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Meh, he's really getting peppered, it's insane.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum