GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade deadline

+7
Lagoon
tim1_2
Ev
PTFlea
Oglethorpe
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 10]

91Trade deadline  - Page 7 Empty Re: Trade deadline Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:13 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Karlsson is being a baby?  How?  I'm not one to defend Karlsson, I thought he was the wrong choice (at the time) for Captain because of his immaturity and I still stand behind that.  The one year that he actually acted like a leader was last year and he got them to within a goal of the Finals, on one ankle.

That said, he is recovering from a significant reconstruction of his ankle so I'm not surprised he is not as good as he used to be, but I am also not writing him off a has-been; he will be back to form next season.  Also, if Melnyk does/says half of what's rumored out there, I would not be at all surprised if he pissed Karlsson off (and we know these Swedes can carry a grudge).  Also, EK knows he cannot win by himself, and if his $12M means the likes of Pyatt in the top-six then you can't blame him for not wanting to stick around.  He wants to win the Cup but not at the expense of leaving a $20M "hometown" discount.

There's no accountability coming from the players, especially not the captain. You were given a rock solid roster this season and Cussed it up from here to eternity, then decided to ask for a trade when the Dung got real. I don't like it personally, it's his choice, but I'm not a fan. Maybe the Sens were offering too little, who knows, but I doubt they would, I think they're quite aware of what he'll take or not take. So it comes down to hurt feelings over Turris and an old Alfie thing? Get real and grow up. Wasted year because no one worked hard enough this year - and that goes for Karlsson, Hoffman, Pageau, Brassard, Phaneuf, Anderson. Bad, bad, bad, bad. Pretty disgraceful this year and maybe finally it's time to blow it all up and start with Duchene, Stone and Chabot and go from there.

Too bad though, Karlsson was THE guy here and we could have retooled really quick. Wish management and player could see that, but they're too busy finger banging themselves over budget this and budget that.

92Trade deadline  - Page 7 Empty Re: Trade deadline Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:36 am

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:Karlsson is being a baby?  How?  I'm not one to defend Karlsson, I thought he was the wrong choice (at the time) for Captain because of his immaturity and I still stand behind that.  The one year that he actually acted like a leader was last year and he got them to within a goal of the Finals, on one ankle.

That said, he is recovering from a significant reconstruction of his ankle so I'm not surprised he is not as good as he used to be, but I am also not writing him off a has-been; he will be back to form next season.  Also, if Melnyk does/says half of what's rumored out there, I would not be at all surprised if he pissed Karlsson off (and we know these Swedes can carry a grudge).  Also, EK knows he cannot win by himself, and if his $12M means the likes of Pyatt in the top-six then you can't blame him for not wanting to stick around.  He wants to win the Cup but not at the expense of leaving a $20M "hometown" discount.

There's no accountability coming from the players, especially not the captain.  You were given a rock solid roster this season and Cussed it up from here to eternity, then decided to ask for a trade when the Dung got real.  I don't like it personally, it's his choice, but I'm not a fan.  Maybe the Sens were offering too little, who knows, but I doubt they would, I think they're quite aware of what he'll take or not take.  So it comes down to hurt feelings over Turris and an old Alfie thing?  Get real and grow up.  Wasted year because no one worked hard enough this year - and that goes for Karlsson, Hoffman, Pageau, Brassard, Phaneuf, Anderson.  Bad, bad, bad, bad.  Pretty disgraceful this year and maybe finally it's time to blow it all up and start with Duchene, Stone and Chabot and go from there.

Too bad though, Karlsson was THE guy here and we could have retooled really quick.  Wish management and player could see that, but they're too busy finger banging themselves over budget this and budget that.
Ish... couldn’t disagree more. Will write later

93Trade deadline  - Page 7 Empty Re: Trade deadline Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:37 am

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Today is the day kids! 
We find out how many years we have to reset this team by

94Trade deadline  - Page 7 Empty Re: Trade deadline Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:55 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's true, a bad karlsson trade and we're in trouble.

Curious to see who will play d for us next year.

95Trade deadline  - Page 7 Empty Re: Trade deadline Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:13 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:It's true, a bad karlsson trade and we're in trouble.

Worst D in the league

Chabot-Ceci
Harpur-Jaros
Boro-Pokka

96Trade deadline  - Page 7 Empty Re: Trade deadline Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:21 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

There's no accountability coming from the players, especially not the captain.  You were given a rock solid roster this season and Cussed it up from here to eternity, then decided to ask for a trade when the Dung got real.  I don't like it personally, it's his choice, but I'm not a fan.  Maybe the Sens were offering too little, who knows, but I doubt they would, I think they're quite aware of what he'll take or not take.  So it comes down to hurt feelings over Turris and an old Alfie thing?  Get real and grow up.  Wasted year because no one worked hard enough this year - and that goes for Karlsson, Hoffman, Pageau, Brassard, Phaneuf, Anderson.  Bad, bad, bad, bad.  Pretty disgraceful this year and maybe finally it's time to blow it all up and start with Duchene, Stone and Chabot and go from there.

Too bad though, Karlsson was THE guy here and we could have retooled really quick.  Wish management and player could see that, but they're too busy finger banging themselves over budget this and budget that.
Ish... couldn’t disagree more. Will write later

Accountability needs to come from both management and the players.

Last year's playoff roster included a rock-solid Methot playing with a healthy Karlsson, Turris, MacArthur, a productive Bobby Ryan, depth in Wingels and Stalberg, Claesson playing well, Wideman, secondary scoring, and an emotional few points from Burrows

This year's roster didn't have Methot playing with a healthy Karlsson, Turris (though Duche is an upgrade IMO), MacArthur, a productive Bobby Ryan, depth in Wingels and Stalberg, Claesson playing well, Wideman, secondary scoring, any production from Burrows.

Sens lost: Turris, Methot, Wingels, MacArthur, Stalbgerg
Sens got: Oduya, Thompson, Duchene

So the players were asked to do more with less on top of their Alternate Captain and arguably best forward being traded because of their owner not wanting to shell out money. I think management needs to be accountable on this one...

97Trade deadline  - Page 7 Empty Re: Trade deadline Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:39 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:It's true, a bad karlsson trade and we're in trouble.

Worst D in the league

Chabot-Ceci
Harpur-Jaros
Boro-Pokka

But that can't happen, so where do we begin looking for a #2 D-man X 2?

98Trade deadline  - Page 7 Empty Re: Trade deadline Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:46 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

3rd plus Moutrey for Cole. Never heard of Moutrey

99Trade deadline  - Page 7 Empty Re: Trade deadline Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:25 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

A 2020 pick is fine. Gives them a chip to play at future deadlines should they be in contention.

100Trade deadline  - Page 7 Empty Re: Trade deadline Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:53 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dennycrane wrote:A 2020 pick is fine. Gives them a chip to play at future deadlines should they be in contention.
Laughing3

101Trade deadline  - Page 7 Empty Re: Trade deadline Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:58 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sounds like a Karlsson trade probably won't happen today, which means we get to endure the speculation until the summer.

102Trade deadline  - Page 7 Empty Re: Trade deadline Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:43 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:3rd plus Moutrey for Cole.  Never heard of Moutrey

He's a career AHLer. Injury history, not much upside. Similar to Vincent Dunn. Not happy with the trade personally but it is what it is.

103Trade deadline  - Page 7 Empty Re: Trade deadline Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:51 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

I went over to HFBoards for the 1st time today. Holy crap are those people dumb. Blaming Dorion for everything that has ever happened. Other than the Burrows extension and Anderson extension (too soon IMO) every other move has been fine or better given the parameters he has to work with.

104Trade deadline  - Page 7 Empty Re: Trade deadline Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:55 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:3rd plus Moutrey for Cole.  Never heard of Moutrey

He's a career AHLer. Injury history, not much upside. Similar to Vincent Dunn. Not happy with the trade personally but it is what it is.  

Not as good a haul as I thought. I would have held out for a 2nd or potentially looked at keeping Cole.

105Trade deadline  - Page 7 Empty Re: Trade deadline Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:58 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There was no reason to keep Cole. They were looking for a third and they got it

106Trade deadline  - Page 7 Empty Re: Trade deadline Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Be gone Oduya! BE GONE!

107Trade deadline  - Page 7 Empty Re: Trade deadline Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:There was no reason to keep Cole. They were looking for a third and they got it

I can think of some intriguing reasons to keep Cole. Namely we might have 1 real NHL defender going into the off-season in Ceci. And even then, with him about to demand big bucks...

108Trade deadline  - Page 7 Empty Re: Trade deadline Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:05 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:There was no reason to keep Cole. They were looking for a third and they got it

I can think of some intriguing reasons to keep Cole.  Namely we might have 1 real NHL defender going into the off-season in Ceci.  And even then, with him about to demand big bucks...

Cole was a free agent

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum