GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade deadline

+7
Lagoon
tim1_2
Ev
PTFlea
Oglethorpe
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 10]

76Trade deadline  - Page 6 Empty Re: Trade deadline Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:49 pm

Vandelay

Sophomore
Sophomore

PTFlea wrote:If the rumours are true about the players blasting music over dorion talking, those are the losers.  Trade them. Bet that wasn't Duchene or Stone

Where did you hear this?

Anyone read the national post article? Would love to know who said it...sounds like Methot to me.

http://nationalpost.com/sports/hockey/nhl/ottawa-senators/whole-situation-there-is-f-ed-up-unimaginable-months-ago-senators-might-trade-karlsson

77Trade deadline  - Page 6 Empty Re: Trade deadline Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:11 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Oilers survived the Gretzky trade. Karlsson was a great player, mostly offensively, but I cannot and won't idolize him to the extent some (not here) do, saying they would turn their allegiance to Buffalo if he was traded there. What rot. Karlsson is not someone to look up to to that extent. He may not be Patrick Kane but he's no Mike Fisher or Kyle Turris, either.

I, for one, would welcome the captaincy of Mark Stone.

78Trade deadline  - Page 6 Empty Re: Trade deadline Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:28 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Vandelay wrote:
PTFlea wrote:If the rumours are true about the players blasting music over dorion talking, those are the losers.  Trade them. Bet that wasn't Duchene or Stone

Where did you hear this?

Anyone read the national post article?  Would love to know who said it...sounds like Methot to me.

http://nationalpost.com/sports/hockey/nhl/ottawa-senators/whole-situation-there-is-f-ed-up-unimaginable-months-ago-senators-might-trade-karlsson

Heard it from a friend then saw a thread on hf

79Trade deadline  - Page 6 Empty Re: Trade deadline Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:37 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Karlsson has no impact on the value of this franchise. If he’s traded so be it. I will continue to support the sens

In a vacuum, it isn't the end of the world to trade Karlsson if management feels they can't resign him (because they think he won't sign).  But you couple this is with the crazy owner, and it just totally sucks donkey dicks.
Let’s ask the real questions. Why does he not want to resign here. I think it’s pretty obvious

What’s your point? That is why we would have to trade him.

Again, I’m repeatin myself but you have to see the forest from the trees.
If kalrsson truly wants out, it’s not a question of “ok he wants out we have to trade him” but why. And I’m positive it comes right back to ownership and how they have managed this team over the past few years. If the players want out because ownership and management are running a gong show do you blame the players or ownership for them wanting out? IMO you blame ownership for the loss of the players. This blind loyalty towards ownership and/or management only reinforces the behaviour they have been acting on.

Melnyk is too thick to understand that fan loyalty has been lost due to his action and it will only deepen.

Maybe that’s what he wants, maybe he is aiming to relocate and needs the proof to come to the league. Hopefully the league can just see how idiotic he’s being in running the franchise and will force a sale. It sure sounded like the talk that came out out of the NHL when he spewed on about relocation around the outdoors game.

He’s the number 1 reason why this franchise is damaged.

80Trade deadline  - Page 6 Empty Re: Trade deadline Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:42 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Vandelay wrote:

Where did you hear this?

Anyone read the national post article?  Would love to know who said it...sounds like Methot to me.

Heard it from a friend then saw a thread on hf

Yeah it’s been reported a by a few news sources.

But again, Dorion walks into the room and players are pissed. I wonder why. Hey we went to the ECF and the result is you took players away from us, you took Turris and you failed to bring us reinforcement. Sorry but that’s a failure on management (which to be honest Dorion has his hands tied in this one, he’s not allowed to spend)
You can’t expect the group of players we have to be as competitive, they just aren’t that good. And did management inject better components? No. Bringing in duchene was marginal. We need Turris to remain and bring in duchene. Or someone else. And a top 4 D. Not one million dollar Johnny Oduya.
This situation is a joke. And I don’t blame the players for being pissed. Their efforts were not rewarded, quite the opposite. Players are being squeezed.

81Trade deadline  - Page 6 Empty Re: Trade deadline Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:59 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Aw poor players

This season is on then. Especially karlsson and Anderson. Time for Erik to go.

82Trade deadline  - Page 6 Empty Re: Trade deadline Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:51 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Admitedly, Karlsson is being a baby. Surprised to be honest.

83Trade deadline  - Page 6 Empty Re: Trade deadline Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:23 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Weird:

The Toronto Maple Leafs have acquired veteran centre Tomas Plekanec and Kyle Baun from the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for Rinat Valiev, Kerby Rychel and Toronto’s second round draft pick in 2018.

But Plekanec is a UFA, so not crazy I guess.

84Trade deadline  - Page 6 Empty Re: Trade deadline Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:59 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Preds get Letestu from the Oilers, so maybe they're out of the Karlsson sweepstakes for now?

85Trade deadline  - Page 6 Empty Re: Trade deadline Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Preds get Letestu from the Oilers, so maybe they're out of the Karlsson sweepstakes for now?

How does one affect the other?

86Trade deadline  - Page 6 Empty Re: Trade deadline Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:16 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Burrows and Oduya on waivers. So much for them having value.

87Trade deadline  - Page 6 Empty Re: Trade deadline Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:23 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Who would want those 2 scrubs?

88Trade deadline  - Page 6 Empty Re: Trade deadline Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:31 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Weird:

The Toronto Maple Leafs have acquired veteran centre Tomas Plekanec and Kyle Baun from the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for Rinat Valiev, Kerby Rychel and Toronto’s second round draft pick in 2018.

But Plekanec is a UFA, so not crazy I guess.

Is Baun related to Bobby Baun who was on the last Leafs Cup-winning team?

89Trade deadline  - Page 6 Empty Re: Trade deadline Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:37 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Karlsson is being a baby? How? I'm not one to defend Karlsson, I thought he was the wrong choice (at the time) for Captain because of his immaturity and I still stand behind that. The one year that he actually acted like a leader was last year and he got them to within a goal of the Finals, on one ankle.

That said, he is recovering from a significant reconstruction of his ankle so I'm not surprised he is not as good as he used to be, but I am also not writing him off a has-been; he will be back to form next season. Also, if Melnyk does/says half of what's rumored out there, I would not be at all surprised if he pissed Karlsson off (and we know these Swedes can carry a grudge). Also, EK knows he cannot win by himself, and if his $12M means the likes of Pyatt in the top-six then you can't blame him for not wanting to stick around. He wants to win the Cup but not at the expense of leaving a $20M "hometown" discount.

90Trade deadline  - Page 6 Empty Re: Trade deadline Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:38 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:Who would want those 2 scrubs?

Guess we'll find out by noon, tomorrow. Streit didn't do a whole heck of a lot, but he was there as insurance. Same could happen with Oduya.

91Trade deadline  - Page 6 Empty Re: Trade deadline Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Karlsson is being a baby?  How?  I'm not one to defend Karlsson, I thought he was the wrong choice (at the time) for Captain because of his immaturity and I still stand behind that.  The one year that he actually acted like a leader was last year and he got them to within a goal of the Finals, on one ankle.

That said, he is recovering from a significant reconstruction of his ankle so I'm not surprised he is not as good as he used to be, but I am also not writing him off a has-been; he will be back to form next season.  Also, if Melnyk does/says half of what's rumored out there, I would not be at all surprised if he pissed Karlsson off (and we know these Swedes can carry a grudge).  Also, EK knows he cannot win by himself, and if his $12M means the likes of Pyatt in the top-six then you can't blame him for not wanting to stick around.  He wants to win the Cup but not at the expense of leaving a $20M "hometown" discount.

There's no accountability coming from the players, especially not the captain. You were given a rock solid roster this season and Cussed it up from here to eternity, then decided to ask for a trade when the Dung got real. I don't like it personally, it's his choice, but I'm not a fan. Maybe the Sens were offering too little, who knows, but I doubt they would, I think they're quite aware of what he'll take or not take. So it comes down to hurt feelings over Turris and an old Alfie thing? Get real and grow up. Wasted year because no one worked hard enough this year - and that goes for Karlsson, Hoffman, Pageau, Brassard, Phaneuf, Anderson. Bad, bad, bad, bad. Pretty disgraceful this year and maybe finally it's time to blow it all up and start with Duchene, Stone and Chabot and go from there.

Too bad though, Karlsson was THE guy here and we could have retooled really quick. Wish management and player could see that, but they're too busy finger banging themselves over budget this and budget that.

92Trade deadline  - Page 6 Empty Re: Trade deadline Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:36 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:Karlsson is being a baby?  How?  I'm not one to defend Karlsson, I thought he was the wrong choice (at the time) for Captain because of his immaturity and I still stand behind that.  The one year that he actually acted like a leader was last year and he got them to within a goal of the Finals, on one ankle.

That said, he is recovering from a significant reconstruction of his ankle so I'm not surprised he is not as good as he used to be, but I am also not writing him off a has-been; he will be back to form next season.  Also, if Melnyk does/says half of what's rumored out there, I would not be at all surprised if he pissed Karlsson off (and we know these Swedes can carry a grudge).  Also, EK knows he cannot win by himself, and if his $12M means the likes of Pyatt in the top-six then you can't blame him for not wanting to stick around.  He wants to win the Cup but not at the expense of leaving a $20M "hometown" discount.

There's no accountability coming from the players, especially not the captain.  You were given a rock solid roster this season and Cussed it up from here to eternity, then decided to ask for a trade when the Dung got real.  I don't like it personally, it's his choice, but I'm not a fan.  Maybe the Sens were offering too little, who knows, but I doubt they would, I think they're quite aware of what he'll take or not take.  So it comes down to hurt feelings over Turris and an old Alfie thing?  Get real and grow up.  Wasted year because no one worked hard enough this year - and that goes for Karlsson, Hoffman, Pageau, Brassard, Phaneuf, Anderson.  Bad, bad, bad, bad.  Pretty disgraceful this year and maybe finally it's time to blow it all up and start with Duchene, Stone and Chabot and go from there.

Too bad though, Karlsson was THE guy here and we could have retooled really quick.  Wish management and player could see that, but they're too busy finger banging themselves over budget this and budget that.
Ish... couldn’t disagree more. Will write later

93Trade deadline  - Page 6 Empty Re: Trade deadline Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:37 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Today is the day kids! 
We find out how many years we have to reset this team by

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum: