GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2017 Sens Off-Season

+10
SeawaySensFan
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
wprager
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
tim1_2
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34 ... 64  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 64]

462017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:37 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Needless to say I do not expect a very busy off-season:
- Pre-expansion draft Ceci trade (package for a top-six forward)
- Smith being taken in expansion draft (if Ryan is protected)
- Claesson trade (if Chabot is ready)

I do think Vegas takes Ryan if the Sens leave him unprotected.

I would NOT trade Claesson, no way, no how. He's fantastic as a number 5 guy who might be able to move up and play in the top 4 next season and beyond. He and Harper are 2 cheap, effective players - not for sale!

tim1_2 wrote:Someone on Twitter was going on about how the Sens should take a run at Tavares...which is a nice thought, but I can't imagine what the trade package would have to look like for him.  Duchene is a more realistic target, but I'm not sure Dorion will want to give up the prospects for him either....I'm pretty sure Dorion is already on record saying he's not mortgaging the future this summer.

Dorion might say that, but he knows we're close. Going out to get Duchene would put us in the mix of contender status - especially with a veteran righty coming in too.

472017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:46 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Duchene is overrated. Tavares only has one more year so he wouldn't cost that much IMO.

482017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:50 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I assume any deal for Tavares would also be contingent on him signing with his new team.

492017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Duchene is overrated. Tavares only has one more year so he wouldn't cost that much IMO.

Oh, I think he will...

502017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:05 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Personally I don't think duchene should cost us more than ceci plus our 1st. And at that price you add a guy like Perron and go get Drouin.
All these reported prices are overinfl, when was the last time such expensive deals happened with players that had been underperforming ? It's always lower than we anticipated.

I'm looking forward to seeing who gets protected. Is it blasphemy to wanting smith picked up over claesson? After these playoffs, Claesson has potential top 4 written all over him. That's why vegas might actually select him over whoever we leave unprotected. Of course it all depends what else is out there and what type of deals other clubs have made.

But yeah, original point. Let's go after an underperforming star winger, but it shouldn't cost us white or chabot. Possibly Brown, depending on what the deal looks like. His stock must have gone up after the memorial

512017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:06 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:Duchene is overrated. Tavares only has one more year so he wouldn't cost that much IMO.

Oh, I think he will...
Agreed. That would cost 3-4 significant pieces

522017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:14 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

One year of Tavares would get what Kovalchuk got, maybe a little more. I don't think he would have to be extended to be traded .

532017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:36 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Agreed, but you need to consider positional depth right now. We have 7 d-men signed for next season, 9 if you include Harpur and Chabot - both of which are going to play in the NHL at some point.

LD: Methot, Phaneuf, Boro, Claesson, Chabot
RD: Karlsson, Ceci, Wideman, Harpur

Jaros and Englund will also have huge roles in Bingo next year and may get a call-up towards the end of the season pending injuries. Both will play in the NHL as well, but probably not for another 3-4 years. So yeah, I think Claesson is expendable when he can be replaced with Chabot...

542017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:41 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:One year of Tavares would get what Kovalchuk got, maybe a little more. I don't think he would have to be extended to be traded .
Im not sure many trade for Tavares without an extention attached to him.

552017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:47 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Agreed, but you need to consider positional depth right now. We have 7 d-men signed for next season, 9 if you include Harpur and Chabot - both of which are going to play in the NHL at some point.

LD: Methot, Phaneuf, Boro, Claesson, Chabot
RD: Karlsson, Ceci, Wideman, Harpur

Jaros and Englund will also have huge roles in Bingo next year and may get a call-up towards the end of the season pending injuries. Both will play in the NHL as well, but probably not for another 3-4 years. So yeah, I think Claesson is expendable when he can be replaced with Chabot...

Whatever way we look at it we are likely loosing a Dman this offseason. The question is which one and how.
Depending on what Phaneuf decides to do with his NTC we likely have to decide if we want to lose methot or Ceci. If not you have to trade one of them and then roll the dice on what Vegas plans to do.

Claesson is a very good possibility in terms of pick ups and then you like have lost two Dman in that scenario (and gained a top 6). So you are likely going to need that depth right there.

I wouldn't mind Harpur starting the year in bellvo (urgh Facepalm , I don't like the sound of it prags) to have him take what he learned in Ottawa and apply it in the A and be a force. Could help him become a top 4 someday.
We could also go after a vet D man in FA.

Time will tell, but it's exciting!

562017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:31 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bellvo is not mine. Someone suggested it on twitter and I liked it.

Bellvo.
Bellvo.
Bellvo.

Rolls very easily off the tongue.

Harpur is a leftie.

572017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:50 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Needless to say I do not expect a very busy off-season:
- Pre-expansion draft Ceci trade (package for a top-six forward)
- Smith being taken in expansion draft (if Ryan is protected)
- Claesson trade (if Chabot is ready)

I do think Vegas takes Ryan if the Sens leave him unprotected.

I would NOT trade Claesson, no way, no how.  He's fantastic as a number 5 guy who might be able to move up and play in the top 4 next season and beyond.  He and Harper are 2 cheap, effective players - not for sale!

tim1_2 wrote:Someone on Twitter was going on about how the Sens should take a run at Tavares...which is a nice thought, but I can't imagine what the trade package would have to look like for him.  Duchene is a more realistic target, but I'm not sure Dorion will want to give up the prospects for him either....I'm pretty sure Dorion is already on record saying he's not mortgaging the future this summer.

Dorion might say that, but he knows we're close.  Going out to get Duchene would put us in the mix of contender status - especially with a veteran righty coming in too.

Untouchable? Unlike poor, poor Stone.

582017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:29 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We are not getting Duchene, and in fine with that. He is small and has played a lot of games, taking a lot of abuse. His numbers will never get back to where he was earlier. And we need to get bigger down the middle.

592017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:33 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Bellvo is not mine. Someone suggested it on twitter and I liked it.

Bellvo.
Bellvo.
Bellvo.

Rolls very easily off the tongue.

Harpur is a leftie.

All the more reason why someone on the left has to go to make room for Chabot

602017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:44 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I think we're all underestimating the impact that someone like Chabot can bring to the team, and how good he is.

2015 - CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game 2015
2016 - Second All-Star Team
2017 - First All-Star Team
2017 - Emile Bouchard Trophy (QMJHL Defenceman of the Year)
2017 - Paul Dumont Trophy (QMJHL Personality of the Year)
2017 - Guy Lafleur Trophy (MVP - QMJHL Playoffs)
2017 - World Junior MVP
2017 - World Junior Best Defenceman
2017 - World Junior All Star Team

Even if he plays managed minutes as a third pairing d-man, he's a huge asset to have on the powerplay. I can't say the same for Claesson. Don't get me wrong, I like Claesson a lot but I think Chabot will have more of an impact than him.

If there is a way you fit both then sure. Phaneuf can play on his off-side.. But we still have too many d-men on the left, and there is no way Chabot spends the whole year in Bingo so room needs to be made.

612017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:19 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I think we're all underestimating the impact that someone like Chabot can bring to the team, and how good he is.

2017 - World Junior MVP

Even if he plays managed minutes as a third pairing  d-man, he's a huge asset to have on the powerplay. I can't say the same for Claesson. Don't get me wrong, I like Claesson a lot but I think Chabot will have more of an impact than him.

If there is a way you fit both then sure. Phaneuf can play on his off-side.. But we still have too many d-men on the left, and there is no way Chabot spends the whole year in Bingo so room needs to be made.

All this to say, we are more than fine without Ceci...

622017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:49 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We could lose one of any of our defencemen not named Karlsson and be fine.

632017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:14 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I think we're all underestimating the impact that someone like Chabot can bring to the team, and how good he is.

2017 - World Junior MVP

Even if he plays managed minutes as a third pairing  d-man, he's a huge asset to have on the powerplay. I can't say the same for Claesson. Don't get me wrong, I like Claesson a lot but I think Chabot will have more of an impact than him.

All this to say, we are more than fine without Ceci...
I still wouldn't hand him anything. I didn't watch any memorial games but I heard that people expected more from him than he delivered. Unless he is lights outheads above most, I'd start him in Belleville next year. MYbe play half. YeR before calling him up. It be good for Belleville, it be good for his development and it be good for all the other Dman that have made it this far. Even karlsson whent the AHL route.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 64]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34 ... 64  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum