GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+10
Ev
Oglethorpe
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
SensHulk
wprager
Flo The Action
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I'm not sure if I prefer a really bad Habs team and a really top-tier team in our Division, or two so-so teams.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Will Arizona ever win a game this year?

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Montreal is losing 4-0 Laughing3
It’s just too good!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Haha, wow Montreal. ..is this the bottom of the barrel?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well, we can't enjoy the tire fire that used to be the Maple Leafs, so now we can enjoy watching Montreal burn. Especially when Sergachev is lighting it up in Tampa. This has gotta be Bergevin's final season as GM. Hopefully he makes another dumb trade or two to try and save his job.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bergie is extended through the 2021-22 season. Facepalm Laughing3

They haven't truly hit bottom yet, thanks in large part to Tocchett and the Coyotes.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

A casualty of Vegas' defencemen hording...Jason Garrison is on waivers. Cap hit of $4.5M or whatever, but about $2M in actual salary left for this year. Won't be on the Sens radar since we're OK on the back end.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wasn't Colorado looking for a leftie-D?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Well, we can't enjoy the tire fire that used to be the Maple Leafs, so now we can enjoy watching Montreal burn.  Especially when Sergachev is lighting it up in Tampa.  This has gotta be Bergevin's final season as GM.  Hopefully he makes another dumb trade or two to try and save his job.

How much worse would the Habs would be without Drouin?

The thing about the NHL is when a team is down, there aren't other GMs willing to hand out life-lines. Once you're down, you're down. Every other GM will do what they can to take advantage of a GM needing to make a desperation move.

At this point I see Montreal making a panic move. They will eventually crumble under the fan and media's demands. The problem is their big 'trade chip' in Galchenyuk has hit rock bottom and carries a cap hit of $4.9M per. He's virtually untradeable at this point. And they don't have any real elite prospects in their system. So I am not even sure what Bergevin can put together in a package. Obviously their first round pick will be good if things continue down this path but they won't be willing to give that up. They're screwed IMO.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Well, we can't enjoy the tire fire that used to be the Maple Leafs, so now we can enjoy watching Montreal burn.  Especially when Sergachev is lighting it up in Tampa.  This has gotta be Bergevin's final season as GM.  Hopefully he makes another dumb trade or two to try and save his job.

How much worse would the Habs would be without Drouin?

The thing about the NHL is when a team is down, there aren't other GMs willing to hand out life-lines. Once you're down, you're down. Every other GM will do what they can to take advantage of a GM needing to make a desperation move.

At this point I see Montreal making a panic move. They will eventually crumble under the fan and media's demands. The problem is their big 'trade chip' in Galchenyuk has hit rock bottom and carries a cap hit of $4.9M per. He's virtually untradeable at this point. And they don't have any real elite prospects in their system. So I am not even sure what Bergevin can put together in a package. Obviously their first round pick will be good if things continue down this path but they won't be willing to give that up. They're screwed IMO.

Beautifully screwed!!! Laughing3

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Offense starts on the back end. End to end rushes by forwards are extremely rare these days. You need puck movement from the back end. They traded their best puck mover, PK, for a guy who wrote clear out the front of the net and protect Price. They still had Markov, Beaulieu was coming into his own, and they just drafted Sergachev. I didn't like the move but you could sort of rationalize it. Price was their MVP and they needed a defenseman who was good at protecting his crease. Pretty sure there were other options, though.

Since then they lost Markov, Beaulieu and Sergachev, and gained Metro and Alzner. Mete looks like a nice find but he doesn't come close to Subban or Markov or Sergachev.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What to watch tonight. Habs losing to the Rangers it Stranger Things?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Go Flyers.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What's going on with vegas Laughing3. 5th in the league!

Iknowthis isn't sustainable but could they actually make the playoffs? I imagine McPhee will start moving players before they get A chance to secure a spot. But it would be an awesome sight to see. Expansion flaws if they did.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:What to watch tonight. Habs losing to the Rangers it Stranger Things?

My wife wants to start S2 of Stranger Things, but I wouldn't mind watching a more hardcore horror movie given that t'is the season. Anyone seen any good horror flicks lately?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:What to watch tonight. Habs losing to the Rangers it Stranger Things?

My wife wants to start S2 of Stranger Things, but I wouldn't mind watching a more hardcore horror movie given that t'is the season.  Anyone seen any good horror flicks lately?  

I guess I missed a lot of movies over time so I sometimes go back in time to see what I missed... Last horror flick I saw was The Prowler (1981). It was quite good.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:

My wife wants to start S2 of Stranger Things, but I wouldn't mind watching a more hardcore horror movie given that t'is the season.  Anyone seen any good horror flicks lately?  

My daughter - who is still 14 for another month - love horror. She saw Carrie (remake) at a sleepover birthday party when she must have been 11 or near there. That's how it started, now she and her best friend pretty much look for those movies.

Last night they were going to try either Jigsaw or Happy Death Day (her friend really wanted Jigsaw but she's short and would never pass for 18).

Anyhow, I won't see her until tomorrow (two night sleepover) so I can't say.

If you want to go old school, have you seen The Ring?

Even older, how about Stephen Carpenter's The Thing. Great movie, not as scary perhaps but very good.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Coyotes lose again, tie an NHL record for most losses to start a season.

Habs score 5 for second time in 3 games. But Price giving up 4 on 26 shots has to be a huge concern. He's been well below average.

Leafs lost again. Now sit third in the Division behind the Bolts and Sens. Wait, what? Sens are ahead of the Team of Destiny?

Kings pull goalie in OT (0.9 second to go) and Toffoli scores a half second later to win it.

Lightning lose as Kicherov and Stamkos are held off the score sheet. Now there's only one team in the East with only one regulation loss.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum