GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #13: Sens @ Sabres, Nov 9, 2016, 7:30pm

+4
PTFlea
Ev
wprager
tim1_2
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoff-Machine wrote:
MarkStone wrote:I'm sick of cowards on twitter shaming Sens prospects and players for supporting Trump. Deal with it. It's their right to support whoever they want. Just because they support Trump doesn't mean they support racism, etc. People are ridiculous, they don't even see how what they are doing is the same thing as what they are criticizing Trump supporters of doing.

care to provide us some links?  who from the sens is supporting trump?
At this point I'm not sure I'd want to know. It's disappointing as it is to see how many people really just want change without caring much to the impacts it will have on immigrants , Muslims and visable minorities which are already being targeted by selfentiteld trump supporters. It's a mess right now in 'Merica and it's only going to get worse.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:
MarkStone wrote:He's good, I do know the stats community doesn't like him though.

They probably don't bother watching the game properly, too busy looking at stats.

Of day the "stats community" watch a lot more than most of us, and watch more closely. There is a risk of missing the forest for the trees, of course, but I wouldn't just dismiss them.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Hoff-Machine wrote:
MarkStone wrote:I'm sick of cowards on twitter shaming Sens prospects and players for supporting Trump. Deal with it. It's their right to support whoever they want. Just because they support Trump doesn't mean they support racism, etc. People are ridiculous, they don't even see how what they are doing is the same thing as what they are criticizing Trump supporters of doing.

Lehner has a Trump sticker on the back of his helmet. But he is not a Sens prospect.

I'm guessing someone in Bingo said something.

MarkStone

MarkStone
Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:
Hoff-Machine wrote:

Lehner has a Trump sticker on the back of his helmet. But he is not a Sens prospect.

Nobody actually said anything. Colin White and Logan Brown liked tweets supporting Trump's win. Ryan Dzingel told Rashida Jones to settle down when she was saying some of the typical sensationalized garbage like "oh America is doomed and non-whites will suffer".

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:But man I know we half assed said dzingel is doing nicely on the top 6 but we may have found an actual replacement for Mac going forward.

You nerds should always listen to me when I say things.  Sarcasm
Broken clock is right twice a day. Sarcasm

But no, you were right. He's an exciting player to watch. Wonder if it's the excitement of making the team that drives him or can he actually get even better and be a+20 goal guy every year.

Sure he can. He was a very solid University player, including his 20 year old year where he and McCormick f***ed some Dung up together. There was a time when there were a few of us on both of their bandwagons - Neely being another that I think was excited about them.

Speed, hands, tenacity. He'll be a 20 goal guy - and it's not like he's young, he's been in the pros for 3+ years and knows how it all works.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MarkStone wrote:
wprager wrote:
Hoff-Machine wrote:

Nobody actually said anything. Colin White and Logan Brown liked tweets supporting Trump's win. Ryan Dzingel told Rashida Jones to settle down when she was saying some of the typical sensationalized garbage like "oh America is doomed and non-whites will suffer".
For sure it doesn't look so doom and gloom when you're part of a privileged white majority. Nicely sheltered. Personally I wouldn't waste time on hockey players. They are young, inexeperienced and unlikely to have been exposed to the reasons why a trump America is bad for so many people.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MarkStone wrote:
wprager wrote:
Hoff-Machine wrote:

And is this sensationalized? It's been a few days and already the reports of attack, assault and the threatening behavior that has so far happened isn't reassuring that it's all overreactions. Of course if you don't care to stop and take notice of what is happening it might actually pass you buy. But the reports are all there of real life events that are taking place. Hard to ignore actual events.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I can't believe how stupid some Americans are.   almost half the country didn't even vote .   dumbasses

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If you haven't done so already, look for and read Michael Moore's Five Reasons Why Trump Will Win. Written the week before the election, I believe, and the guy comes off like a modern day Nostradamus.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:If you haven't done so already, look for and read Michael Moore's Five Reasons Why Trump Will Win.  Written the week before the election, I believe, and the guy comes off like a modern day Nostradamus.

Beat it. There's a thread for that.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Things have been bad for certain minorities in certain areas of the US for many years. Of course there is going to be extra "sensitivity" to certain events as the media go about their business of selling news. You will hear about Muslims or Mexicans being abused by redneck Americans. You will not know whether such events are happening with more frequency of higher intemcitu, but you will hear about them more often. For a while. Until they have something even easier to sell.

Trump will be an embarrassment to the United States but he will not be the end of them. They will survive and prosper and maybe even come out of it the better for having their nose rubbed in their own feces.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Things have been bad for certain minorities in certain areas of the US for many years.  Of course there is going to be extra "sensitivity" to certain events as the media go about their business of selling news.  You will hear about Muslims or Mexicans being abused by redneck Americans. You will not know whether such events are happening with more frequency of higher intemcitu,  but you will hear about them more often. For a while. Until they have something even easier to sell.

Trump will be an embarrassment to the United States but he will not be the end of them.  They will survive and prosper and maybe even come out of it the better for having their nose rubbed in their own feces.
Yes but when these attacks happen and the aggressor use statements that because trump has won they now have the authority, right or back up to perpetrate these then the game has sudently gone to another level.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

To the other thread!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:To the other thread!
Already there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum