GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #13: Sens @ Sabres, Nov 9, 2016, 7:30pm

+4
PTFlea
Ev
wprager
tim1_2
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:Blunden for the love of beans!  Give us a taste of skill - send us Perron for a game.

First, he may not play.
Second, Boucher said the team was playing soft; you don't bring up an undersized Q MVP to provide toughness.
Third, Blunden is second on the team in scoring. Just one point back of Kostka. That team is some kind of awful this year.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dzingel with a beaut. Anytime Hoff or Ryan want to show up would be cool with me. 

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy cow, Condon...what can you say.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Dzingel with a beaut. Anytime Hoff or Ryan want to show up would be cool with me. 
Ryan with a beauty in the shootout. To be fair i only came in half wa through the 3rd.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Not a bad game, but I don't love seeing Lehner play so solidly. White better be good.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Lehner was very good in both games. Safe to say he stole one. Condon was just as good in this one and superb on OT. You could say he stole the extra point.

But this is Buffalo. Without Eichel , without O'Reilly,  without Ennis,  and with a rusty Kane.

Tomorrow we face the. LA Kings.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Luckily the Kings should be more tired than the Sens were last night. I suspect that we will also be seeing their backup (or even this stringer).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Zatkoff has a. 839 SV%. But they also have Campbell. He's only played one period but stopped everything. First career shutout, coming right up.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That was a sweet goal from Dzingel but that was KHL level defense.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Thank God Ryan buried his SO attempt...The Hoff, Ryan, Brassard, Stone, etc...guys need to start burying some pucks soon.

On the bright side, well, our goalies are great apparently and the Team D is really coming around. Nice to see Dzingel continue to roll.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That ristolinen is amazing.

MarkStone

MarkStone
Rookie
Rookie

PTFlea wrote:That ristolinen is amazing.

Odd to say after getting torched on the goal

MarkStone

MarkStone
Rookie
Rookie

All this talk of the offence struggling is weird. Like it will continue...It's all just luck. They are getting lots of shots. Ryan, Brassard, etc have a lot of shots in the past few weeks. there's virtually no chance this scoring struggle continues.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

MarkStone wrote:

Kulikov didn't do much to help.

Last edited by wprager on Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

MarkStone wrote:

Everyone gets torched once in a while. On Matthews second goal of his career, he made Karlsson look like a pylon. Karlsson is amazing. So...it happens.

I've drafted Risto in my fantasy pool the last couple of years. He's been great to me. He was really noticeable on the ice last night. He's a real force for the Sabres.

MarkStone

MarkStone
Rookie
Rookie

I'm sick of cowards on twitter shaming Sens prospects and players for supporting Trump. Deal with it. It's their right to support whoever they want. Just because they support Trump doesn't mean they support racism, etc. People are ridiculous, they don't even see how what they are doing is the same thing as what they are criticizing Trump supporters of doing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

MarkStone wrote:All this talk of the offence struggling is weird. Like it will continue...It's all just luck. They are getting lots of shots. Ryan, Brassard, etc have a lot of shots in the past few weeks. there's virtually no chance this scoring struggle continues.

I just finished re-watching a few highlights. Although the shots were 8-0 in OT the Sens did have a few five-alarm chances, but just missed passes/shots. It could have ended early.

They also had many either blown or unfortunate chances, like that pass to a wide-open Pageau who would have had an empty net, but the pass was behind him. In fact there were quite a few really bad passes. Tired team, perhaps? Who knows. But the chances were there. Stone's shot that went through Lehner and landed in the crease behind him -- Brassard almost shoveled that one in (and if he just dove for Lehner, with two Buffalo players on top of him, puck may have ended up across the line.

Ryan had another 4 shots, on the second game in two nights. No, he doesn't have Dzingle's speed but 8 shots on goal in the two games since being put on Brassard's left is very encouraging.

Hoffman was what he is. Mostly a perimeter player with high-end skill. He made some really nice plays out there. If only he could do a mind-meld with Dzingel.

Stone is playing much better than first half dozen games or so. Much more noticeable out there.

Offense will come. Shots on goal against are down as are goals against. For some strange reason they've become really bad on face offs. No idea why, but it has to stop.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MarkStone wrote:

Yeah, but one mistake like that vs all the amazing plays he's made just against us in the last 2 games can be forgiven. The dude is fantastic. Big, mobile, good offensive awareness.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum