GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #8: Sens @ Oilers, Oct 30, 2016, 9:00pm

+4
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
wprager
tim1_2
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Andy playing pretty well. Sens hanging onto his cape until they score one. Hoffman goes to the crease and gets one. Almost had his second when he rang one off the post on the PP.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't mind that "Pyes" Pyatt.

MarkStone

Rookie
Rookie

Anderson looks unreal. He's going to have a big year going forward

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

A goal is a goal. Lets get Bobby going. Anderson has been superb tonight. Must feel really good for him and the team. Nicely done. Now lets go back to lowering the amount of shots they allow on him.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You can tell there's a lot of support from that win celebration with Anderson.
And what a classy crowd for Edmonton cheering for him.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow, what a moment.   Shaky third at times, but damn...

MarkStone

MarkStone
Rookie
Rookie

They were on pk a ton so the shots against were pretty decent.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's true, 6 minutes of the first alone.  Edmonton came on in the third, but I was surprised to hear the shots were that lobsided

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Phaneuf was a rock tonight.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MarkStone wrote:They were on pk a ton so the shots against were pretty decent.

That's true.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Pyatt was one of the steals of the offseason.   skates hard, is a Wing Dang Doodle in the corners, has some sneaky skills, excellent positionally.  Dorion looks great on that one.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Pyatt was one of the steals of the offseason.   skates hard, is a Wing Dang Doodle in the corners, has some sneaky skills, excellent positionally.  Dorion looks great on that one.
Boucher looks great on that one.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Just finished watching the game...man...someone must be slicing up onions in here. 

Matrix

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And there's your NHL first star of the week. They should give Nicholle one as well.

They give up 3 minors in the first and come out having given up just 7 shots on goal? How did Edmonton end up with 37? I see from the face off stats the Oilers were 55%, so they must have kicked that up a few notches after the first (Sens were winning something like 80% at that time).

Hoffman learns a lesson that you score more often from closer in, perhaps. Say what you will about him, he's still leading the Sens in shots on goal. With his shot, eventually they start going in.

Phaneuf leads the way with 6 blocked shots and no PIMs. Solid game by the veteran. Let's hope this is the start of a trend.

Karlsson with more short-handed ice time than powerplay icetime. Take that you weenie hockey writers.

You can't coach something like this but you can certainly take advantage of it as a coach. What a team-building moment.

Sens leapfrog over Tampa into 3rd in the Atlantic.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Very classy Oilers fans applauding Andy as he came out for the 1st star. Talbot (2nd star) hangs around to give his respects as well.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Early season favorite for the Sens' Masterton nom?

MarkStone

MarkStone
Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:And there's your NHL first star of the week.  They should give Nicholle one as well.  

They give up 3 minors in the first and come out having given up just 7 shots on goal?  How did Edmonton end up with 37?  I see from the face off stats the Oilers were 55%, so they must have kicked that up a few notches after the first (Sens were winning something like 80% at that time).

Hoffman learns a lesson that you score more often from closer in, perhaps.  Say what you will about him, he's still leading the Sens in shots on goal.  With his shot, eventually they start going in.

Phaneuf leads the way with 6 blocked shots and no PIMs.  Solid game by the veteran.  Let's hope this is the start of a trend.  

Karlsson with more short-handed ice time than powerplay icetime.  Take that you weenie hockey writers.

You can't coach something like this but you can certainly take advantage of it as a coach.  What a team-building moment.

Sens leapfrog over Tampa into 3rd in the Atlantic.

Dubnyk had three shutouts and will be first star

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Guess we'll see.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum