GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #39: Oilers @ Sens, Jan 8, 2017, 7:00pm

+3
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
wprager
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Sens have lost four in a row for the first time this season. Although they outplayed the Caps they could not solve Holtby. The positives from last night:
- Sens played very well from the first puck drop (despite giving up a goal in the first two minutes); this was unexpected given the bye week.
- The power play generated scoring chances.
- The game was a sellout (allegedly).
- Chabot is really good.

Here are some positives for tonight's game:
- Oilers also played last night, their game went to overtime, then they had to travel from NJ.
- They won, we lost, and EV says teams always split back to back games.

Ryan was a late scratch yesterday, and from what Boucher said it sounds like he was a healthy scratch. Maybe he missed a team meeting or something like that. I expect a good game from him tonight. Lazar had a couple shifts that reminded me why we were all excited about him two years ago. Could he be finally coming around? Don't forget he missed all of camp with mono, and lost a foot race to Borowiecki last Friday. Alfie, what do you say? "Probably not."

Go Sens go!!!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

All they have to do is win and Dorion can tell himself everything is alllllllllllllllright...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Optional skate today... looks like the boys need even more rest on the eve of a 3-day break.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:All they have to do is win and Dorion can tell himself everything is alllllllllllllllright...

That in itself, encapsulates the sens managing philosophy.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

GDT - Game #39: Oilers @ Sens,  Jan 8, 2017, 7:00pm Img_2012

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Boucher ma King mountain out of molehill. When asked why he benched Ryan the easy answer would have been "flu". Instead he called it a "complex" situation that he would not explain here. Let the speculations commence.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Boucher doesn't need to make excuses for his players. Every team does it this way. Players need to be held accountable privately and publicly.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

They played a relatively poor game, but that was to be expected after that stupid break. I expect them to be better tonight. Really focus on McDavis and pressure Edmonton a lot. I can see us losing this one too, because you can't just step back into game situations and play to the level you want to, but a point is very important, if possible.

Turris was poor yesterday, Brassard was pretty good, Stone was solid. Let's hope we have some building blocks.

I'd like to see Hoffman more engaged too. He was on such a nice roll and he's been quiet and less a 200 foot player recently.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Mac Davis? O Lord it's hard to be humble. That Mac Davis? You can bury me in Lubbock Texas in my jeans, Mac Davis?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He's been playing third line and it doesn't help that he has little chemistry with Pageau or that Pageau had been as cold as the recent weather.

They outplayed the Caps both games. Given the five days off I'm surprised they played as well as they did.

Guaranteed win tonight. Oilers played an overtime game in New Jersey last night. Probably didn't get to their hotel till 3 AM. Tired and worn out and they barely won over one of the worst teams in the East.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Boucher doesn't need to make excuses for his players. Every team does it this way. Players need to be held accountable privately and publicly.

You think Tortorella makes excuses?!? HELL NO!!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Point was that Boucher has inadvertently made the mess worse. Now everyone is wondering what on earth could be "complex".

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

It's back to back, why not play O'Connor? Doesn't look like playing condon for the 16th straight game is really a recipe for success (see mtl canadiens circa 2016).

Melnyk has driven some fear into playing rookie goalies it seems

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Point was that Boucher has inadvertently made the mess worse.  Now everyone is wondering what on earth could be "complex".
Yeah I saw that interview. Doesn't sound like Ryan not playing had anything to do with the flu. It may be that the coach is sending a slight message without completely throwing him under the bus.

He did say something interesting that I'd noticed since Ryan coming over and that Ryan is behaving much more like a playmaker than a scorer. Apparently according to Boucher that's how Ryan sees himself also. Well I could live with that if Ryan was a 60-70 point player but he's not. I mean part of that is also playing with dzingel who is developing well but not a 30-40 goal scorer.
Hence there an need for dorion to get a quality player to play on that LW. I'm sure that would translate to more goals from that line and likely more goals from Ryan also. Freaking day dreaming. I know.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoff-Machine wrote:It's back to back, why not play O'Connor? Doesn't look like playing condon for the 16th straight game is really a recipe for success (see mtl canadiens circa 2016).

Melnyk has driven some fear into playing rookie goalies it seems

Condon just had a week off and played great last night. Boucher is trying to win games. Condon starts.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum