GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Guy Boucher hired as Ottawa's head coach + Crawford signed as assistant

+11
LeCaptain
Oglethorpe
wprager
SensHulk
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
Hobiesens
Ev
Hoags
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 11]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
Hoags wrote:Boston will probably fire Julien early into the season unless they start the reason on a run.  They don't have to worry about Ottawa hiring him now

Do you really think that they would delay the firing (and lose access to the pool of available coaches) just to avoid a potential Ottawa hire? That doesn't make sense to me.

Plus Montreal is still in the same Division.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If Groulx does well in Syracuse, it could easily be him.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

"Boucher too rigid for Switzerland" (Google translation is actually "too hard"; could also be "too tough" or "too demanding"):

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rds.ca%2Fhockey%2Flnh%2Fsenateurs%2Fguy-boucher-trop-dur-pour-la-suisse-1.3347967

Guy Boucher has no sense of humor. In all my life I have never seen anyone so cold in the approach to the game. It was a bit like having to deal with Viktor Tikhonov. "

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's funny, because that's exactly the impression I have of him...no sense of humour at all.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't get that impression. Either way that's what assistants are for as well

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Clouston had no sense of humor either, dead serious. I always thought they should have added an assistant for a good cop/bad cop dynamic. Maybe Crawford is the good cop. Or maybe he's the insurance policy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum