GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Guy Boucher hired as Ottawa's head coach + Crawford signed as assistant

+11
LeCaptain
Oglethorpe
wprager
SensHulk
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
Hobiesens
Ev
Hoags
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 11]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Didn't he used to have "hoops and boxing" in his twitter bio? Now it's "hockey and numbers". I honestly didn't think he was into analytics except as a follower and a regurgitator of what others were pushing. Yet he gets the gig at TSN.

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

I have been told by someone who claims inside knowledge of the Sens management (family member of an executive), that Dorion was ready to offer Julien a contract without a coaching search and was caught out when Boston didn't let him go.

I don't know whether this makes sense, did the Dorion press conference come before or after Boston indicated Julien was staying.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:The dude eats wings with a knife and fork. He can't be trusted

Shady.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's not really worth talking about Yost. The guy posts statsn and that's about it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Pierre Dorion was introduced as the new GM on April 10, and his press conference where he announced the changes was on April 12. On April 13 the Bruins said that Sweeney and Julien will hold a press conference the following day (14th). So I'd say that they were pretty sure he wasn't getting fired on the 13th, but back on the 12th that was the widely held belief.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Someone on HFB said it best.

You can take the man out of hockeybuzz but you can't take hockeybuzz out of the man.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Someone on HFB said it best.

You can take the man out of hockeybuzz but you can't take hockeybuzz out of the man.

A man has no name

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Oglethorpe wrote:I have been told by someone who claims inside knowledge of the Sens management (family member of an executive), that Dorion was ready to offer Julien a contract without a coaching search and was caught out when Boston didn't let him go.

I don't know whether this makes sense, did the Dorion press conference come before or after Boston indicated Julien was staying.

Dorion press conference happened on a sunday.  Tuesday they fired Cameron.  THursday Bruins announced Julien was returning.

It's widely believe Julien was going to be fired but Bruins did not want him going to the sens (within the division), and since sens were the only opening at the time (everyone knew Dave Cameron was going to be fired, speculation of Julien to Ottawa began as soon as Boston dropped that last game to the Sens), optics would have been really bad to not grant Julien permission to speak with the sens.  

I do maintain, Dorion fired Cameron a couple days too early.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cameron was "fired" three weeks before that Smile

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Cameron was "fired" three weeks before that Smile

100%, and that's on Melnyk. What. A. Bitch.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Boston will probably fire Julien early into the season unless they start the reason on a run. They don't have to worry about Ottawa hiring him now

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Montreal will have a golden opportunity to take Julien back.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Montreal will have a golden opportunity to take Julien back.

They had such tremendous success bringing Therrien back. You really think the fan-base will want them to bring back another former fire?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:Boston will probably fire Julien early into the season unless they start the reason on a run.  They don't have to worry about Ottawa hiring him now

Do you really think that they would delay the firing (and lose access to the pool of available coaches) just to avoid a potential Ottawa hire? That doesn't make sense to me.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Montreal will have a golden opportunity to take Julien back.

They had such tremendous success bringing Therrien back.  You really think the fan-base will want them to bring back another former fire?  
THE choices of francophone coaches with NHL experience isn't tremendous. They might opt for a rookie but I doubt it with what they t u ink they are aiming to do. Does kirk muller speak French.? Could be an option but between julien and muller it seems like an obvious choice.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
Hoags wrote:Boston will probably fire Julien early into the season unless they start the reason on a run.  They don't have to worry about Ottawa hiring him now

Do you really think that they would delay the firing (and lose access to the pool of available coaches) just to avoid a potential Ottawa hire? That doesn't make sense to me.

Plus Montreal is still in the same Division.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If Groulx does well in Syracuse, it could easily be him.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

"Boucher too rigid for Switzerland" (Google translation is actually "too hard"; could also be "too tough" or "too demanding"):

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rds.ca%2Fhockey%2Flnh%2Fsenateurs%2Fguy-boucher-trop-dur-pour-la-suisse-1.3347967

Guy Boucher has no sense of humor. In all my life I have never seen anyone so cold in the approach to the game. It was a bit like having to deal with Viktor Tikhonov. "

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum