GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+14
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
rooneypoo
Hobiesens
Hoags
Ev
SensHulk
Oglethorpe
Flo The Action
spader
SeawaySensFan
wprager
tim1_2
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

This is great:

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Classic nhl scheduling game 1 on Monday. Now golden state and OkC game 7 is on the same night. Nobody gonna be watching hockey in the US

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, they should have predicted that a team that won 73 games would be down 1-3 and then stage a miraculous come-back to force a game 7.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Pittsburgh really taking it to SJ. Jones has had to make some big saves and still gave up 2 in the 1st so far.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What a surprise. For some reasom everyone thought the underdog had this series locked up

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Pittsburgh without Daley is going to be really struggling on D. Of course keeping possession of the puck like they did in the first that takes a tremendous amount of pressure of their D. But the Sharks showed in the second that they aren't just going to roll over and play dead.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What a game. Listened to some, watched the third. Pretty even.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, the Sharks just had a bad first period that cost them the game. They'll win G2.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hitch is retiring from coaching after next season. He took a one-year deal and is saying that's it for his coaching career.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Hitch is retiring from coaching after next season.  He took a one-year deal and is saying that's it for his coaching career.

Should see STL pull out all the stops to win next season. Interestingly enough, Brad Shaw is not returning as assistant coach. Wonder if he gets the call in ottawa as assistant?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
wprager wrote:Hitch is retiring from coaching after next season.  He took a one-year deal and is saying that's it for his coaching career.

Should see STL pull out all the stops to win next season.  Interestingly enough, Brad Shaw is not returning as assistant coach.  Wonder if he gets the call in ottawa as assistant?

Seems like brad shaw might be looking for a head coaching postion. With Calgary still open you have to wonder if that's not a direction for him.
Might have to try and lead a team at the AHL level as a coach again if nothing opens up.

Is there any connection with the org or the new coaches here in Ottawa?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
Michallica wrote:

Should see STL pull out all the stops to win next season.  Interestingly enough, Brad Shaw is not returning as assistant coach.  Wonder if he gets the call in ottawa as assistant?

Seems like brad shaw might be looking for a head coaching postion. With Calgary still open you have to wonder if that's not a direction for him.
Might have to try and lead a team at the AHL level as a coach again if nothing opens up.

Is there any connection with the org or the new coaches here in Ottawa?

Only that he played once upon a time for Ottawa.....but yeah I completely forgot both Anaheim and Calgary are still looking for coaches. Weird how there's no noise on those teams.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Shaw was an associate in St. Louis. With Hitch only staying on for one more year you figure he would have stayed if he was next in line. I think this was more of a dismissal than a parting of interests.

Anaheim is weird. Paul MacLean -- former Jack Adams winner *and* runner up, who has been the assistant there, well that I can understand. But they are also thinking of Travis Green (yeah, the 3rd liner for the Leafs who killed the Sens in the face off circle), and Carlyle (feel it's weird bringing a coach back -- he wasn't exactly fired, but still).

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Shaw was an associate in St. Louis.  With Hitch only staying on for one more year you figure he would have stayed if he was next in line.  I think this was more of a dismissal than a parting of interests.

Anaheim is weird.  Paul MacLean -- former Jack Adams winner *and* runner up, who has been the assistant there, well that I can understand.  But they are also thinking of Travis Green (yeah, the 3rd liner for the Leafs who killed the Sens in the face off circle), and Carlyle (feel it's weird bringing a coach back -- he wasn't exactly fired, but still).

They offered him a 1 year contract when he's been there for like 10 years and he rejected it. Read whatever you must from that. I get the feeling they're gearing up for Claude Julien.

Associate is supposed to be better I guess? Ok whatever doesn't change anything, he still wasn't the guy running the show.

Anaheim had also interviewed Luke Richardson. There's also another former Jack Adams winner in Bob Hartley. Not sure who else they're waiting for....maybe Jacques Martin?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Shaw was an associate in St. Louis.  With Hitch only staying on for one more year you figure he would have stayed if he was next in line.  I think this was more of a dismissal than a parting of interests.

Anaheim is weird.  Paul MacLean -- former Jack Adams winner *and* runner up, who has been the assistant there, well that I can understand.  But they are also thinking of Travis Green (yeah, the 3rd liner for the Leafs who killed the Sens in the face off circle), and Carlyle (feel it's weird bringing a coach back -- he wasn't exactly fired, but still).

Andy Strickland says that Muller is next in line.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Muller was one of my favorite players, but as a coach I don't know if he can be the "bad cop" if/when that's required. Ideally you need to be able to be bother, as the situation requires, otherwise you complement the head-coach with assistant/associate(s) who fill in these gaps.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

FWIW, Pierre Mcguire seems to think Brad Shaw is a fit as associate coach in Ottawa. Would be pretty dope having Boucher, Crawford, Shaw running the show.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

When McGuire was asked what he thought about Hitch taking a 1 year deal he said he knows Hitch is comfortable taking that because he's not worried about term, he could get another job quickly if he got fired. Today they said "When we asked you yesterday why Hitch took a 1 year deal you said 'Because he only wanted 1 year' so you are really plugged in".

Puking2

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum