GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+14
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
rooneypoo
Hobiesens
Hoags
Ev
SensHulk
Oglethorpe
Flo The Action
spader
SeawaySensFan
wprager
tim1_2
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:On the flip side, Ottawa could also miss the playoffs again next year.  All it'll take is an injury or two.

Dorion's  going to do at least one major thing this off season and I'll wager it'll involve Hoff or ZBad. I'm not going to make any sort of predictions until I know what the roster will look like.

Or White, Chabot, 12OV.  Not Hoffman I would imagine, but ZBad could be in play too.  He needs to make a big move, put a stamp on the team and take them to the next level.

Yo wtf is up with this new DP of yours?  I didn't expect dark twisted Dung from you SD

I'm a HUGE fan of Peter Gabriel era Genesis and he dressed up a lot in concerts.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0a/Genesis_-_Live.jpg/220px-Genesis_-_Live.jpg

The line on the avatar is from a lyric:

"The Knife"

For Those that Trespass against us

Tell me my life is about to begin
Tell me that I am a hero,
Promise me all of your violent dreams
Light up your body with anger.
Now, in this ugly world
it is time to destroy all this evil.
Now, when I give the word
get ready to fight for your freedom
Now -

Stand up and fight, for you know we are right
We must strike at the lies
That have spread like disease through our minds.
Soon we'll have power, every soldier will rest
And we'll spread out our kindness
To all who our love now deserve.
Some of you are going to die -
Martyrs of course to the freedom that I shall provide.

I'll give you the names of those you must kill,
All must die with their children.
Carry their heads to the palace of old,
Hang them high, let the blood flow.
Now, in this ugly world
break all the chains around us,
Now, the crusade has begun
give us a land fit for heroes,
Now -

We are only wanting freedom
We are only wanting freedom ("Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom...")
We are only wanting freedom ("Things are getting out of control here today")
We are only wanting freedom ("OK men - fire over their heads!")

--- WE HAVE WON ---

Some of you are going to die,

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:On the flip side, Ottawa could also miss the playoffs again next year.  All it'll take is an injury or two.

Dorion's  going to do at least one major thing this off season and I'll wager it'll involve Hoff or ZBad. I'm not going to make any sort of predictions until I know what the roster will look like.
I'll be very surprised if there's any BIG move. Maybe some small ones and bringing in some depth but I doubt we end up filling the spots we all have been talking about. There likely won't be an upgrade on the top two C and probably no top LW brought in.
We will probably go after a cheap 3rd line RW and bottom D pair guy.

I think Dorion has drunken the Boucher kool-aid that he's cooked up thinking new coaching will make us a lot better.
We'll likely be fighting for a spot the 7 and 8th playoff spot next season.

The more I think about Eriksson, the more nervous I would be about a 5 year extension.  It's only downhill for a 30 year old in this NHL, so I think if Dorion wants to do something, it'll have to be via trade.
I'd be fine with 5 years 30 million.
Yup the last couple of years might be iffy but maybe they won't. There's enough guys out there that say plenty productive till 35. And who knows how much 6 mill a year will buy you in 4 years in terms of production. Cap will keep rising. Contracts will keep getting bigger.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I'll be very surprised if there's any BIG move. Maybe some small ones and bringing in some depth but I doubt we end up filling the spots we all have been talking about. There likely won't be an upgrade on the top two C and probably no top LW brought in.

I think Dorion has drunken the Boucher kool-aid that he's cooked up thinking new coaching will make us a lot better.

The more I think about Eriksson, the more nervous I would be about a 5 year extension.  It's only downhill for a 30 year old in this NHL, so I think if Dorion wants to do something, it'll have to be via trade.
Yup the last couple of years might be iffy but maybe they won't. There's enough guys out there that say plenty productive till 35. And who knows how much 6 mill a year will buy you in 4 years in terms of production. Cap will keep rising. Contracts will keep getting bigger.

I think it's a pretty major risk, but I guess they could offset the risk by allowing for a limited NTC. It's difficult to say. I think you'll find that soon GMs will really shy away from giving contracts that extend past 33 - and stand by it.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:
Michallica wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Or White, Chabot, 12OV.  Not Hoffman I would imagine, but ZBad could be in play too.  He needs to make a big move, put a stamp on the team and take them to the next level.

Yo wtf is up with this new DP of yours?  I didn't expect dark twisted Dung from you SD

I'm a HUGE fan of Peter Gabriel era Genesis and he dressed up a lot in concerts.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0a/Genesis_-_Live.jpg/220px-Genesis_-_Live.jpg

The line on the avatar is from a lyric:

"The Knife"

For Those that Trespass against us

Tell me my life is about to begin
Tell me that I am a hero,
Promise me all of your violent dreams
Light up your body with anger.
Now, in this ugly world
it is time to destroy all this evil.
Now, when I give the word
get ready to fight for your freedom
Now -

I'll give you the names of those you must kill,
All must die with their children.
Carry their heads to the palace of old,
Hang them high, let the blood flow.
Now, in this ugly world
break all the chains around us,
Now, the crusade has begun
give us a land fit for heroes,
Now -

We are only wanting freedom ("Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom...")
We are only wanting freedom ("Things are getting out of control here today")
We are only wanting freedom ("OK men - fire over their heads!")

--- WE HAVE WON ---

Some of you are going to die,

Your'e sick!  Stick to shock the monkey instead.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kessel was left off the US World Cup roster. Heeheehee.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:
Your'e sick!  Stick to shock the monkey instead.

That's a negative. Ahhhhh!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The trade for boedkker is not looking great for Colorado. Miss the playoffs and give up 2 solid prospects.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I think it's a pretty major risk, but I guess they could offset the risk by allowing for a limited NTC.  It's difficult to say.  I think you'll find that soon GMs will really shy away from giving contracts that extend past 33 - and stand by it.
Have you been living under a rock? Top UFAs will always get more than reasonable.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Kessel was left off the US World Cup roster. Heeheehee.

He'll be too tired from lugging the Stanley Cup around with him this summer.

Team Canada made a mistake leaving off Stone, I feel. What more could he have done playing 4th/3rd line and killing penalties while being second on the team in scoring?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Stone will be there next time. Hockey Canada doesn't like change. I'm surprised Thornton made it, although he's entirely deserving.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Canada should be thinking of the Olympics in 2 years' time. Thornton will be 38. They should be planning *now* for that team, which means you should be bringing up players in their early 20s if they deserve to be there simply on merit (which Stone does).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Canada should be thinking of the Olympics in 2 years' time.  Thornton will be 38.  They should be planning *now* for that team, which means you should be bringing up players in their early 20s if they deserve to be there simply on merit (which Stone does).  

They're not going to the olympics. That's why this tournament was created.

Stone had no chance to make the team but he should make the next one.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Canada should be thinking of the Olympics in 2 years' time.  Thornton will be 38.  They should be planning *now* for that team, which means you should be bringing up players in their early 20s if they deserve to be there simply on merit (which Stone does).  

And that's where Stone and Ceci will be. The cream of the crop. Lazar too, probably.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:

And that's where Stone and Ceci will be. The cream of the crop. Lazar too, probably.

Lazar will wear the 'C'. We all know that.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:

They're not going to the olympics. That's why this tournament was created.

Stone had no chance to make the team but he should make the next one.

"had no chance" -- I tend to agree with this, because he certainly did enough to warrant a spot.

Canada tends to overvalue its vets at these things. Other nations don't have a choice but send aging veterans, simply because they have so few NHL-calibre players; Canada doesn't do it out of necessity.

As for the Olympics, that story isn't yet written in stone.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This is great:

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Classic nhl scheduling game 1 on Monday. Now golden state and OkC game 7 is on the same night. Nobody gonna be watching hockey in the US

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, they should have predicted that a team that won 73 games would be down 1-3 and then stage a miraculous come-back to force a game 7.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum