GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #46: Senators @ Sharks - 10:30 pm - Monday, Jan 18 2016

+6
spader
Flo The Action
tim1_2
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
wprager
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Couple wins in a row. I'll take it.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:I know zack scored but what's he doing in in the OT?

He was terrific. Best Senator by a mile tonight. Single handedly gave us the point. Why not?

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:

He was terrific. Best Senator by a mile tonight. Single handedly gave us the point. Why not?
That was a nice penLty shot but I wouldn't say he was the best sens on the ice after that. I'd see pageau get OT time before smith. Which he did after but I'd rather see others on there. The 4 on 3, that's different.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nice to hear we got the W...not nice to hear both Methot and Hoffman are injured now. Watching the highlights, it seems we were a little lucky to win...we had under 20 shots, and McCormick's goal was a bit flukey. We'll take it though!

Nice that we're now tied with Montreal. Oh how the mighty have fallen. We're two back of Tampa now too...excellent.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

He was skating great last night. Looked like the quickest senator throughout.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispensed wrote:Ugh, not methot.  
Didn't look any different on the back end without him. He hasn't been vey good this year anyway

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoffman injured so now we might play a better team game without egregious giveaways

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oglethorpe wrote:
He was skating great last night.  Looked like the quickest senator throughout.  

I thought Lazar was the quickest. Or maybe fastest.

Smith certainly wasn't quick on that penalty shot. Stopped dead in his tracks, drew the puck back and fired. Now, personally, I like that goal and I think the rules should be amended to allow it and to clarify.

For example, when you are puck-handling the puck moves from one side of the stick to the other; positive velocity to negative velocity (relative to stick) and the only way to go from -X to +X is to go through 0. So, yeah, the puck stops, since it's velocity is zero. And if you cut across the crease and go backhand-forehand then the puck *will* move backwards toward center ice. So a better definition of "stopping" is necessary (like not stop for more than 0.5 seconds). And as for the whole "forward" motion thing, not sure what to do. We don't want the blatant stopping and waiting for the goalie to commit, but I'm fine with what Smith did last night (just surprised they didn't disallow it given the previous interpretations of the rule).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Hoffman injured so now we might play a better team game without egregious giveaways

Hoffman is 9th on the team in giveaways, even though he carries the puck a lot; his giveaway/takeaway differential is -1 (Ryan is -5, Zibanejad -8, Pageau and Turris -2). Could he be better? Certainly, he's not Stone, but then he carries the puck across zones a lot more than Stone (Stone has an unreal 71 takeaways but has 34 giveaways -- 50% more than Hoffman).

So I don't think you'd really given this much thought. Hoffman is a lot of things, not all positive, but he's certainly not a turnover machine. Patrick Kane has *very* similar giveaway/takeaway number (20/22 for Kane, 21/20 for Hoffman) and I consider the two to be very similar style players. Is Kane a turnover machine, too?

Anyhow, if Hoffman is out (I don't think he is, I think they were just following concussion protocol) I assume Prince gets back in. But with Cameron, who knows, maybe he'll go back to "Borward" (thank God Methot is injured and Cowen in the doghouse).

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wow did we ever steal those 2 points. Even Couture's SO attempt went through Andy but stopped just before the goal line. Next!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wonder how long Hoffman will be out.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Would like to see dzingel or puempel or Schneider get a chance if he's out long.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Would like to see dzingel or puempel or Schneider get a chance if he's out long.

Don't you think Prince should get that spot?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'd rather have Puempel in for Prince. We need some goals.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I'd rather have Puempel in for Prince. We need some goals.

Puempel has one goal in 11 games in Ottawa this season. I personally don't care either way but I'm not convinced Puempel would add that much.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Puempel has one goal in 11 games in Ottawa this season. I personally don't care either way but I'm not convinced Puempel would add that much.

Well I'd call Nick Paul up as well as he is on a hot streak.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Wow did we ever steal those 2 points.  Even Couture's SO attempt went through Andy but stopped just before the goal line.  Next!

Funniest line on the telecast: Start the car!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yep, when you have Smith/McCormick/Lazar/Chiasson/Pageau/Borowiecki all outscoring your top-line center over the last 15 games, that's a bit of a problem.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum