GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #46: Senators @ Sharks - 10:30 pm - Monday, Jan 18 2016

+6
spader
Flo The Action
tim1_2
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
wprager
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY #46: Senators @ Sharks - 10:30 pm - Monday, Jan 18 2016

GAME DAY #46: Senators @ Sharks - 10:30 pm - Monday, Jan 18 2016 Large GAME DAY #46: Senators @ Sharks - 10:30 pm - Monday, Jan 18 2016 Play11 GAME DAY #46: Senators @ Sharks - 10:30 pm - Monday, Jan 18 2016 Large

(Duh-dum ... duh-dum ...)

We're going to be raped mercilessly again, aren't we? Hey, it worked last time, so sue me.  The Sens are a surprising 8-2 in their last 10 games against California teams (5-1 last season and 3-1, so far, this season).  They are 3-0 against the sharks in that stretch, however San Jose comes into this game on a streak of their own, having won their last 5 games.  On paper, San Jose is ahead in pretty much every category.  Both teams have 48 points, but San Jose has played two fewer games (and they play in a supposedly tougher Western Conference).  

One thing going for Ottawa is that the Sharks have a losing record at home.  Another is that San Jose is 11 points back of the Division leaders, whom the Sens just beat for the third time in a row.  A win would put the Senators into a tie with the Habs for the last wildcard spot (Montreal would still be ahead on ROWs).  Who would have thought this was even possible in December?  

GO SENS GO!!!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Let's destroy them Sharts!!!!

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Sharks are playing mighty well lately. I'll be happy if we get a point at least.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Let's just keep the good times rolling.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:Sharks are playing mighty well lately.  I'll be happy if we get a point at least.

I'll be angry if we get anything less than 2 points. Very, very angry.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This is a winnable game. But this team better come out wanting it. Getting the first goal would go a long way towards that. Stone and turris need to get the Diddle going.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Stone and Turris are at the bottom of this team in +/- with a -14 and -11 rating. That's is just very, very strange. And I wonder if maybe it's time to break the two of them up.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Good thing we got that 4 min powerplay the other day, it finally allowed a chance for Ceci to be on the PP. I thought he looked really good.

Zib and Ryan hopefully continue their magic, Turris and Stone need to step up big time.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Didn't Prince draw two powerplays? I definitely noticed him when he was out there, and I also noticed how much he *wasn't* out. there. But there was Smith and Lazar front and center on the PP.

Just checked, yep, he drew a holding call early in the first, looks like his first shift. Lowest ice time on the team at 9:31. Neil had 10:12. Smith had 14:22 and nothing but one hit to show for it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Aaand McCormick is replacing Prince in the lineup. Hope he bleeds like Prince.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Didn't Prince draw two powerplays?  I definitely noticed him when he was out there, and I also noticed how much he *wasn't* out. there.  But there was Smith and Lazar front and center on the PP.

Just checked, yep, he drew a holding call early in the first, looks like his first shift. Lowest ice time on the team at 9:31.  Neil had 10:12.  Smith had 14:22 and nothing but one hit to show for it.
Yeah the reliance on smith is getting a little old. Mind you he probably gets more PK time than prince.
It's not that smith does a terrible job this year, it's by far his best year in recent memory but it's that he's relied upon for in situations he shouldn't be.
Cameron has done very little to impress me this year. Seems like a lot of the lessons we all thought he learned last year are out the window. Scratching people isn't a bad idea, especially if they could provide more. Look at what that did to pageau. Stellar comeback last game.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Didn't Prince draw two powerplays?  I definitely noticed him when he was out there, and I also noticed how much he *wasn't* out. there.  But there was Smith and Lazar front and center on the PP.

Just checked, yep, he drew a holding call early in the first, looks like his first shift. Lowest ice time on the team at 9:31.  Neil had 10:12.  Smith had 14:22 and nothing but one hit to show for it.

I don't get it. Prince seems to me to be doing everything he should be to keep that spot in the lineup. I like Max, but I just don't understand why Prince seems to always be in the doghouse. Maybe Cameron is grooming Prince to move up in the lineup and he wants him watching from time to time. Who knows?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I wish DC would switch michalek and ryan. Michalek-Turris-Stone worked great last year, and Ryan-Zibby finally have some chemistry....

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

R.I.P Glenn Frey. Wow. 67 is 2 years past retirement -- or used to be.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
Cameron has done very little to impress me this year. Seems like a lot of the lessons we all thought he learned last year are out the window. Scratching people isn't a bad idea, especially if they could provide more. Look at what that did to pageau. Stellar comeback last game.

Did I miss something? Did Pageau get scratched?
Michallica wrote:I wish DC would switch michalek and ryan.  Michalek-Turris-Stone worked great last year, and Ryan-Zibby finally have some chemistry....

Ryan said specifically in the HNIC interview that he prefered playing the right side, so I would imagine Zib and Ryan will be a unit for a while. With Michalek back, we have some semblance of a top six LW, so he and Hoffman can do it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum