GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Toronto Blue Jays Talk

+8
dennycrane
spader
asq2
LeCaptain
wprager
PTFlea
tim1_2
Ev
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 19]

136Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:15 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think the only starting pitcher under contract really is Stroman. I think there's a team option for Dickey for like $12M, but I'm not sure they want to spend that much money on him.

If Sanchez gets turned into a starter, then that's Stroman and Sanchez...maybe Dickey.... I dunno, that starting rotation needs another stud or two. I sure hope they can resign Estrada.

At least most of the position players are still under contract?

137Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:16 pm

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

AA put his money where his mouth is and walked, likely due to not getting the autonomy he wanted. They hired Shaprio to oversee the baseball ops and he will not sit back like Beeston.

138Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:47 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:I think the only starting pitcher under contract really is Stroman. I think there's a team option for Dickey for like $12M, but I'm not sure they want to spend that much money on him.  

If Sanchez gets turned into a starter, then that's Stroman and Sancmhez...maybe Dickey....  I dunno, that starting rotation needs another stud or two.  I sure hope they can resign Estrada.  

All of them are. Donaldson, Tulo, Goins, Travis, encarnacion, bautista, pillar, Revere, Saunders, Martin. It's only Navarro that's a free agent. All about bolstering the bullpen and adding a starter this summer, which is a huge job of course.

139Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:27 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I think the only starting pitcher under contract really is Stroman. I think there's a team option for Dickey for like $12M, but I'm not sure they want to spend that much money on him.  

If Sanchez gets turned into a starter, then that's Stroman and Sancmhez...maybe Dickey....  I dunno, that starting rotation needs another stud or two.  I sure hope they can resign Estrada.  

All of them are.  Donaldson, Tulo, Goins, Travis, encarnacion, bautista, pillar, Revere, Saunders, Martin.  It's only Navarro that's a free agent.  All about bolstering the bullpen and adding a starter this summer, which is a huge job of course.

It's about adding multiple starters and relievers, which always seems to be a nagging issue for the Jays. They're going to have to work some miracles.

140Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:34 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Perhaps not multiple starters if you're going with Sanchez, stroman, dickey, Hutchinson. You need Estrada back or leave it all out there and go for a top of the rotation starter.

But the bullpen needs complete overhaul. I'd love to keep Lowe.

141Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:17 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I had forgotten about Hutchinson. Yeah.

142Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:47 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd love to forget about him for next year.

143Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We'll miss you price. Sad

144Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:50 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, that's just too much money, especially for a guy with a spotty playoff record. Oh well, hopefully the Jays can still do some damage without him.

145Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:45 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jose Bautista wants $150M for 5 years.

Goodbye, Jose.

146Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Jose Bautista wants $150M for 5 years.  

Goodbye, Jose.

I'd think about trading him soon so there's no distractions. The deal has to be good though.

147Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:06 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Came off pretty arrogant yesterday in his comments. I'd want him out solely based on his attitude, not just the money.

The reigning MVP doesn't come out and make comments like that....

148Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:08 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Jose Bautista wants $150M for 5 years.  

Goodbye, Jose.

I'd think about trading him soon so there's no distractions.  The deal has to be good though.

Yeah, you said it...the deal would have to be really good. The Jays have World Series aspirations, and the window might be pretty small, so it'd be tough to justify trading him when he is as clutch as they come. If the Jays are out of it come the trade deadline, he'll be gone for sure.

149Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:41 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wouldn't you want to see him sign the contract and then flip the pen?

150Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:44 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Wouldn't you want to see him sign the contract and then flip the pen?

Someone made that joke on Twitter, which I guess is where you stole this?

151Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:42 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

"Stole" is a little strong.

152Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:51 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

When you use someone else's joke without giving them credit, "stole" is the correct word to use.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/stealing-tweets/

153Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 10 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:04 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bull Dung.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum