GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Toronto Blue Jays Talk

+8
dennycrane
spader
asq2
LeCaptain
wprager
PTFlea
tim1_2
Ev
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 19]

121Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:51 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:Reynolds sucks Donkey.  No pitch tracker is ridiculous

Pitch tracker. You guys are pathetic. You mean you cannot enjoy the Great American Pastime without having your "ump you suck" comments validated by gadgetry? Peanuts and Cracker-Jack should be enough.

122Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:52 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:well no pitch tracker is more authentic really. No pitch tracker at the live game.

Actually a computer umped a minor league game earlier this year:  

http://arstechnica.com/business/2015/07/for-the-first-time-sensors-and-a-computer-play-umpire-in-a-pro-baseball-game/

There is no reason why the MLB can't adopt this techonology.  They absolutely should.  Balls and strikes would be consistent and waaaaaaaaay more accurate.  Keep the ump behind the catcher and just give him access to the computer's calls so he can relay them.  Done.  Easy.  No more arguing.

How accurate are pitch trackers? Can you kick dirt at it?

123Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:45 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

A pitch tracker would quite obviously be waaaaaaaaaay more accurate than an old man taking a poor angle on the pitch.

124Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Reynolds sucks Donkey.  No pitch tracker is ridiculous

Pitch tracker.  You guys are pathetic.  You mean you cannot enjoy the Great American Pastime without having your "ump you suck" comments validated by gadgetry?  Peanuts and Cracker-Jack should be enough.

It's so much better with pitch tracker IMO.

125Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:24 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:A pitch tracker would quite obviously be waaaaaaaaaay more accurate than an old man taking a poor angle on the pitch.

And you know this because ...

126Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:31 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=13109

Ouch, now my head hurts.

127Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:22 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:A pitch tracker would quite obviously be waaaaaaaaaay more accurate than an old man taking a poor angle on the pitch.

Because computers don't make mistakes, and they can use multiple cameras to fine tune the pitch tracker. There's no argument really, so you don't have to try.

128Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:35 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

David Price yet another terrible trade by AA

129Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:37 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:

Because computers don't make mistakes, and they can use multiple cameras to fine tune the pitch tracker. There's no argument really, so you don't have to try.

Well, computers *do* make mistakes. Not often, but they do.

Now, the programmers who write the code that the computer executes, these guys (and gals) *do* make lots of mistakes.

130Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:05 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm not gonna lie... That hurt. That 2nd strike call on Revere in the 9th was horrible, but they just didn't cash in baserunners when they had the chance.

131Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:49 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Epic Jays collapse. That was their year and they blew it.

132Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:31 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Epic Jays collapse. That was their year and they blew it.

That's a bit harsh. They had a good run. They should be very competitive next season.

Cheering Go Jays Cheering

133Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:21 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

AA is apparently out.

134Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:41 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yep. I think he knew all along he was out, and that's why he did what he did at the trade deadline. Apparently he turned down an offer from the Jays to remain though?

Assuming the Jays don't spend a buttload of cash this offseason, it could be rocky times ahead.

135Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:02 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

New GM coming in has a ton of work to do. Complete overhaul of the bullpen with only Cecil and Osuna coming back, Sanchez likely a starter.

They have Revere and Saunders in left, they gave Goins and Travis at 2b.

They need to re-sign Estrada and perhaps get another starter.

Lots of work and the word is our president doesn't like trading all the prospects AA traded...so...goid luck

136Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:15 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think the only starting pitcher under contract really is Stroman. I think there's a team option for Dickey for like $12M, but I'm not sure they want to spend that much money on him.

If Sanchez gets turned into a starter, then that's Stroman and Sanchez...maybe Dickey.... I dunno, that starting rotation needs another stud or two. I sure hope they can resign Estrada.

At least most of the position players are still under contract?

137Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:16 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

AA put his money where his mouth is and walked, likely due to not getting the autonomy he wanted. They hired Shaprio to oversee the baseball ops and he will not sit back like Beeston.

138Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:I think the only starting pitcher under contract really is Stroman. I think there's a team option for Dickey for like $12M, but I'm not sure they want to spend that much money on him.  

If Sanchez gets turned into a starter, then that's Stroman and Sancmhez...maybe Dickey....  I dunno, that starting rotation needs another stud or two.  I sure hope they can resign Estrada.  

At least most of the position players are still under contract?

All of them are. Donaldson, Tulo, Goins, Travis, encarnacion, bautista, pillar, Revere, Saunders, Martin. It's only Navarro that's a free agent. All about bolstering the bullpen and adding a starter this summer, which is a huge job of course.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum